Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From the Darkness, Comes the Light

Sanctuary

The largely oceanic world, dotted with islands, was where Ryn found himself drawn to this time. He had been voyaging, seeking peoples to aid, and generally just trying to redeem himself in his own mind for misdeeds never done. While this mentality was not healthy for the young Knight, it was not necessarily harming anyone particularly. It was, in fact, quite beneficial, with the vast aid he'd rendered in a short time.

This stop was a humanitarian stop. His vessel had landed at a small landing port on a robust island, part of an inter-connected chain of islands. He was here because a horrible storm had devastated the archipelago recently. Food, provisions, and some repair droids were being unloaded from the ship, almost all of it provided, at least financially, by Justice Shipping LLC. Did [member=James Justice] know? Not likely. At least not yet. Would he care? Not likely, especially when he saw who authorized the purchases. James knew his 'little brother', and knew that he never abused the older near-human's generosity. But, sometimes, one needed to use the connections one had, especially if it's for a good cause.

Observing the unloading process, he grinned beneath his helmet. He saw his M1 unit bobbing at the top of the loading ramp from one leg to the other, squealing back at the only other organic passenger the ship had. [member=Lily Hex-Volsh] had likely managed to sleep through the landing procedure earlier, and the droid was scolding her in it's unique manner for keeping it's master waiting. Turning, the droid leaned back, extending the third wheel, before beginning it's own descent down the ramp to where the cloaked Jedi wait. Patting the droid with a gloved hand, he nodded approval of the hard work Emvee had been putting in. Turning attention back up the ramp, the masked Knight would laugh.

"Good morning, sleepy head. Ready to help some people in need?" He called out, that soothing, musical laughter filling his words, as they danced across the distance to the young woman now exiting the ship.

The young zeltron did indeed sleep through landing procedure, she enjoyed her sleep more than anything but when she heard the droid come in to wake her she continued to pretend to sleep still. As it attempt to giving a scold she opened one of her eyes and gave it smile and placed a light kiss on the top of it's head before rising up and putting her long messy white hair behind head her one ears, letting out a slight yawn. "Aye, Aye, I'm awake." She said in quiet and light tone whilst holding onto a blanket to hide parts of her exposed being. "Let me get dressed will you." She went and took a quite shower and got dress with only the traditional jedi robes expecting no action on today's trip, though still had her saber. She pouted a bit this being her first mission without master Nico or master Joza, they always made things interesting for her. Master Ryn seemed up tight from the few times she had met him even forgetting who she was, in all fairness, it was years the last time from his class they last saw each other but she was going to hold it against him for the rest of his life. As he called out to her with his soothing voice with a hint of laughter, the young zeltron could not help but smile slightly and moved to his rhythm naturally following the jedi's steps. As a trained dancers from both master Nico and Joza, it was easy for her to take lead and be bit of a flirt. She lightly guided his hand and spun herself into the masked Jedi's arms ending his hand on her hip. "I wouldn't be so sleepy if your droid wasn't mean." She whispered into his ear, raising his hand to her belly. "But I am..." She ended with a giggled before prancing ahead. "Come on now, stop flirting, there is people waiting!"

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

The young Knight always could appreciate beauty when he witnessed it. There was the lovely Lady Kay, whom he called kin. His 'brother' James was not an unattractive specimen. James' daughter was growing into a beautiful young woman. But Lily, she was something different. She came up, initiated physical contact, and.... he could have sworn she was flirting.... But, that made no sense. The tell-tale signs were there, as he'd witnessed James do it often enough. But....

Why in the name of the Force would she elect to flirt with him? Must be the mask... he mused to himself, before giving a soft laugh, turning with the young woman to guide their path towards where they had gathered the wounded. "I selected you for the mission for simple reasons really. I know of your training with the Healing Arts, but felt you, like myself, could probably make use of some more.... practical experience." That playfulness in his voice, the smooth, soothing cadence, just inspired comfort in his presence. Had he held any training in the fields of Empathy, this Jedi could prove dangerous indeed!

"I have some resources at our disposal, to help aid in treating the injured and the ill. Naturally, we have some bacta, some antibiotics, bandages and the like.... But...." He trailed for a moment, before turning the young woman to face him. Carefully, delicately, and with the dexterity that few non-felacatian possess, he carefully affixed a pair of special earrings upon the young woman's ears. "It is not much, but these should help with channeling the Light Side, which should make Healing these people a little easier...." He'd explain, as he stood back slightly. His fingers lingered for the briefest of moments along her jaw as he too a second to admire the effect the gems had on the woman's appearance. "They suit you. Bring out your eyes." He'd compliment, thankful for the double protection of his mask, and the fact that the visual queues for him blushing are so difficult for people to catch most of the time.

Clearing his throat, he nodded to what appeared to be a hastily crafted hut. "From my understanding, the injuries themselves aren't too severe. But, illness from unclean water is relatively rampant. Much like that class so long ago with Teynara, where we had to purge the sedative from our bodies, we may find the same technique of some value in rooting out the foreign entities within our patients." The young Knight would explain as he lead the way into the structure. Inside there were many people, of varying races, all in various states of unwell. Some with broken bones, others with flu-like symptoms. Nothing Lily would have never seen before had she frequented the medical center at the academy. "Let's get to work!"

[member="Lily Hex-Volsh"]​

The smooth purr of his voice, that similar sensation of calm like her father, the essence of genuine kindness the emulated from him. With her empathy abilities honed in with training with master Joza; she could feel it flow around him, but before that in her younger years she felt like she had already knew everything about him as whimsical as it may sounded out loud. "I still need more practice, Master Ryn." She cooed lightly with an equally as playful. "Lady Teynara Jeralyr is a great teacher and healer. But I still have a lot of trouble with it." The young girl knew her weaknesses very well but in that she was going to do everything to improved to be more balanced, useful and of course wanting to be better than her father. She rarely spoke of him and mentioned her last name knowing the shadow he had cast whether or not he meant to, the thought made her pout to herself slightly before looked back to the masked man that was now even closer to giving putting on a pair of earrings on her. "Oooh my..." The teenager giggled when he moved so close to her to put them on. "Master..." She started off wanted to say something to tease him while he was making his explanation as to why then the compliment slipped from his lips. The young woman let out a slight giggle with a hand to cover a part of her mouth out of habit. Though, she couldn't see it, she assumed that he was blushing from a slight stir in his emotions from being so calm and cool to a bit on the silly and almost unsteady when he came so close. A small smile made its way onto her face as she guided lightly her fingers to trail of his arm until she wrapped her own around his. "Good, if anything I have some one as experienced as you to help me." She cooed flirtatiously and playfully. "Lead the way." She said with wink before letting him got and did a playful shooing motion for him to move.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

WELCOME TO POST #1000!!!!

Maintaining composure, which he found more than slightly difficult with this girl, the masked Knight lead the way into the medical tent. At the flaps though, he felt a ping in the Force. He glanced quickly to Lily, curious if she felt it, before moving with practiced hurry through the flap. He brushed past many in various stages of injury or illness, heading straight to a curtained off section.

As he and Lily approached, an anguished yell cut through the air, followed by the earnest whispering of a male voice. "Lily.... you are about to experience something you may have never before...." The young Knight murmured, refraining from mentioning it was going to be a first for him at well. He opened the curtain and slipped in, quickly introducing himself to the pair of humanoids inside. He gently allowed the Force to flow through him, calming the two. The male's concerned expression broke into a relieved smile, looking between Ryn'Dhal and Lily as they entered, as the masked Knight spoke. "I am Ryn'Dhal, a Jedi with the Silver Order. This is Padawan Lily, we are here to help."

As Lily would slip in behind Ryn, she'd be greeted by the sight of a very pregnant woman on a bed, sweat literally pouring down her face. She was deep in labor. Ryn'Dhal turned to Lily, and nodded. "I need to you get me several clean towels, and a bowl of warm water. And get those nurses in the next tent. I need them." While she would be off collecting those things, Ryn'Dhal would gently take the woman's hand in his own gloved one, and extend the other to hover just above her swollen abdomen. He'd concentrate, feeling the new life stirring within, ready to come forth into the bright new world. "Your child is strong.... she is ready...." He'd say, smiling warmly at the joyous expressions on the parents faces. The mother cried out as another strong contraction wracked her body. "Yes, it is time.... I need you to get ready to push for me." He'd order, as he washed and sterilized his gloves, before taking his position near her feet. He'd done this many times in training, but those were in simulations. This was an entirely different set of circumstances. He managed to control his breathing fine, but his heart was racing.

Lily would arrive around this time, towels and warm water in hand. "Good, place a pair on that table there, for swaddling the baby, then get one damp and try to comfort her." He could only do so much, focusing his energies in diverting some of the pain the mother was feeling into himself. He could only take a sliver, and for all he could tell, it seemed almost as though it was making no difference for the poor mother. What he didn't know was that tiny sliver, the limit of what he could sustain, was making a world of difference. "The baby is coming, keep pushing! You're almost there!" He encouraged through clenched teeth, the father mirroring his statements, watching over the Jedi's shoulders. The baby crowned, and eventually was pushed free. One of the nurses took some sterilized scissors and handed them to the father, who then cut the umbilical cord. Cleaning the baby, who was wailing all the while, and then carefully swaddling it in a soft, clean towel, Ryn was amazed at how it quieted down suddenly in his arms.

A momentary shock of anguish tore at his heart, as he quickly, and calmly relinquished the child into the arms of the mother. He nodded to the two who had all but forgotten the Jedi in their joyous moment, before moving out of the curtained partition and out of the tent. He stood there, a shock of panic attempting to well up within him. He looked around for a moment, before breaking out into a jog towards the treeline surrounding the village. Slumping against a tree, out of sight of the village, the sounds of hyperventilation could be heard from the masked Knight. He'd never consciously thought of it before, but seeing that child made him realize....

I'll never have one.....
[member="Lily Hex-Volsh"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom