Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From one Spacer to Another

Time: 1 am

James was waiting on the empty platform, his cigarette between his lips burning down like a candle at mass. He was proud of his rapidly growing business, with customers coming to him faster than the eye could see. Faster than he could handle. He needed a bigger fleet, and that started one independent spacer at a time. That was what he was here for after all, to see another one.

The Captain Toby Extervia had contacted him through one of James' many adds that were running. Things checked out so far, but the man preferred to know who he was working with--as well as know their names.

Reed, R3-D8, James' ever faithful companion, beeped beside him.

"Aye, I know mate, I know," he muttered, "He will be here soon. Don't worry, I know the owner quite well," he chuckled, "she knows me very well."

Giving his chrono a quick glance, the man shoved his hands back into his trench coat and gave a content huff on his light.

[member="Toby Extervia"]

The Drunken Jawa Toby's small smuggler ship broke through hyperspace and emerged over the station.

"Requesting landing in dock four-five" Toby said through the ships rusty communicator.

"Cleared for landing" Replied a Protocol droid from the other side.

He carefully maneuvered his ship into the hanger being carful not to set down on a droid or worse a person. Once landed he proceeded through the hallways of his ship to the entrance where he opened the bay door and stepped into the hanger. He promptly lit a cig and stared at James.

James watched the hulking, rusting freighter make its way in the nearby landing port. He had a respect for a tramp freighter who was classy enough to keep the battered and working things going. His Angel was like that too. Old, third generation, and still emotionally attached. That was the why he loved it.

When Toby entered James crossed the sandy flooring to him, a winning grin on his face, "Glad ye could find the place," James said and extended his hand, offering a flask of Reactor Core. In his eyes, there was always a good time to drink, especially during business. It brought out the real person behind the front. That was who he wanted to do business with--always.

"It is good to finally meet ye in person, I do like a fellow spacer," He let out a stream of smoke from his lips, "ye told me that ye had a ship and were available, tell me a few more things about it--and yeself of course."

[member="Toby Extervia"]

He puffed on his cig before crushing it to accept the flask. He Took the flask and took a big swig before saying anything.

"welp my name is Toby Extervia as you already know and this here is my ship the Drunken Jawa. Named it after this cute little bugger that was downing shot after shot on Tatooine never seen a Jawa drink before or after that occasion or perhaps i was the drunk one and I imagined it either way. I went and bought this ship from my brother David who owned it for a good four years after he bought it from a farmer who wanted some extra credits to build a barn, so once David thought it was trash he sold it at a reduced price to me which i then restored and a couple years of gun running for both sides and here we are." He said through swigs.

Toby Slapped the side of the ship causing a big hand print to emerge in the dust.

James looked the YT-2400 over. It was rusty, it was clunky, it was old, used and junky. The thing really should have been in a scrap pile. He seriously doubted there were any original parts in it. The layer of dust was gods know how old.

"I like her," he said with enthusiasm. He took a puff from his cigarette, "this be the kinda ship that deserves respect." James noticed the turrets on it. "Do ye run this baby alone or do ye have a crew?"

He folded his arms and began to scope the rest of the trashy ship out. Yes, this reminded him of the Angel in every way he could think of, except they were different models. Perhaps they had flown together before James' grandfather one the ship, ages ago. He grinned at the thought.

[member="Toby Extervia"]

He took a swig.

"Nah, no crew at the moment looking to hire a gunner sooner or later for now i only use the front turret. But a true smuggler can get through a blockade without a single shot." he said through a smug smile

He would lay the Flask on the ground and light another Cig then take a puff. He looked over your droid and thought about buying a droid as a gunner.
[member="James Justice"]

James saw Toby's eyes on Reed. He gave a chuckle, "Aye, the be the best gunners. Reed here has taken care of me guns for a long time, always has me back. And also true, the best smugglers be that way but sometimes," he winked, "we be doing more--aggressive negotiations."

The spacer chuckled and picked his flask up, taking a drink of what was left and stowing it on his belt. "If ye gonna buy, stay with the R3's, R2's, and R7's that be my best advice," he let out a few puffs of smoke before continuing, "I like the ship, I like the crew thus far, and if ye need any gunners we can fix you up with a good one or two, of course, now tell me about the captain behind the ship. Where ye came from, where ye going, why ye needs this job, and why ye want it."

[member="Toby Extervia"]

[member="James Justice"] he yawned before beginning.

"I'm from Abridon in the outer rim raised on a small farm and i have two brothers, I'm not really going anywhere though i do hope to be able to found my own company in the future making star ships would be nice. Well to be honest with you i need this job because i have a little bit of an outstanding debt with a few gangs here and there best not get into details. Well again i want this job to help pay off debt but also it seems pretty fun not only do i get to be gun-slinging smuggler i get to help some people out at the same time sadly my brother and father where killed by thugs." he would answer honestly.

he would take a long drag on my cig and then turn my attention back to the R3.

"How much would you estimate an R7 to cost?" he would ask.

James grinned, this was the type of guy he could do business with. "Consider yeself hired," The spacer adjusted his hat, "I'll give ye 1,000 a month retainer, plus any contracts you pick up, ye can work your way up the ranks and if ye are really ambitious ye might even make it to the rank of an admiral," he winked. "For the R7, I'll supply ye with one, consider it a signing bonus," he offered his hand, "What do ye say to that?"

Reed gave an agreeable whirl, he approved of the spacer, and he wasn't afraid to disagree with his master when he felt otherwise.

[member="Toby Extervia"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom