Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friends In Weird Places

Lorane sighed a little as he flew his borrowed airspeeder in the snow. This blizzard was disgusting, and this was going to be his last attempt to push through it to the Tal'verda settlement before he finally just gave up and found some other shelter for the night. Of course, sleeping warm and happy next to Rawnie would've been preferable, but that seemed unlikely.​
Another thing that seemed unlikely was that anybody else would be stupid enough to be out in this weather.​
[member='Shae Kalin']​

What the feth was she doing out here? This was supposed to be a milk run, easy money, but nooooooo, someone had to change the dead drop location to a frozen wasteland! Ok, so maybe not a frozen wasteland, but Shae was gonna kill someone for timing the drop with a blizzard; once they finally got here... She should have turned down this job, she should have learned the last time that things would go arseways. Then again, the last time there was a last minute change in the job, she ended up meeting Malcom, so it ended up being not so bad in the end...

So here she was with a stack of stolen goods waiting for the next courier to pick them up. She wanted to start a fire to warm herself, but she knew the wind would blow it out faster than she could build it up, even with her pyrokinesis. So instead, she huddled against the crates to block out the wind, pulling the hood of her thick jacket forward to cover her ears better. This ship had better show up soon or she was seriously gonna freeze to death!

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor's eyes widened as a low moaning sound came from the speeder's engine. That was not supposed to happen. He looked behind him, and was sadly unsurprised to see snow blowing out of the fans where there should only have been air. The Chiss almost yelped as he barely managed to fly the speeder over a pile of crates that'd appeared out of nowhere. When it landed, the engines simply sputtered and died. So much for a quick trip in the morning.​
"Oh, goddammit, where the hell did you drop me, you scrap pile?"​
[member="Shae Kalin"]​

"Thankfully, not on top of me," Shae said dryly as she lowered her bow. She had drawn it purely as a reflex to the sudden appearance of the Blue Man and his speeder. When she saw who it was that had very nearly crashed on her, she uttered something the was definitely not Basic, quickly followed by, "Please tell me you're here to kill me." Yes, she hated snow that much...

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor gave the woman and her bow a look of impatient annoyance as he realized who she was. Malcom Renolds' puppy. The one who'd nearly tried to set him on fire at Strider's birthday party. His first impression of her hadn't exactly been the greatest, to say the least. But he felt a little bad for her, seeing her fur frozen up like that.​
"Sorry, pup. Not here to kill you. Could set you on fire, though. Return the favor from a couple of weeks ago."
He smirked a little and reached towards a tree, correctly assuming that a few frozen branches would easily break off. Easy. He dropped them in the surprisingly protective shadow of the crates and pulled a tank of the speeder's fuel out to douse them with before he went off to grab more wood.​
[member="Shae Kalin"]​

"I think I could have done that myself," Shae said, annoyed at the effort he was making and the insinuation that she couldn't take care of herself. "Don't waste the fuel, even I can't get soggy wood to catch fire or keep it going in this wind." She finally set her bow aside, tucking her bushy tail around her paws which were bare since she couldn't wear boots. "And when did I try to set you on fire? You can hardly count Muunlist against me," she said, thinking that maybe she got a little overly ambitious with her fiery pet and that's what he was talking about. And what's with this 'tried' part? If she wanted to set someone on fire, they would be on fire!

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor snorted, even though he had to admit, the fox girl's weird creature had saved his tail when he'd gone in to get Rawnie on Muunilist. It was fairly obvious that she was some sort of space witch, and that also bothered him a little bit. He was quiet as he poured the fuel over the pile of wood and set his techgaunt's flamethrower going on it. The pile caught fire, sputtered a little, and then came back a bit better.​
"You were damn near close at the old man's party. But that might've been directed at Rawnie, not me. Doesn't matter, though. People threatening my fiancee annoys me."
[member="Shae Kalin"]

"Strangers punching my brother annoys me," Shae retorted with a grin as she watched the fire linger for a moment longer than she thought it would before it eventually consumed all the speeder fuel and then died, just like she knew it would. She rolled her eyes. Who thought wet wood would burn? This idiot, apparently. "And I was damn near ready to jump into a vat of jello to avoid a fight when I learn that fighting is how Mandos say hello. Who'da thought!" Thinking that perhaps the brief fire might have dried up the wood a little, she leaned forward, taking a glove off her hand so she could rub her fingers together to begin generating heat. It was difficult to make fire in this cold, but she did get a spark going, setting it in some kindling she then tucked under the bigger branches. The fire took to the kindling, but even with the crates and her body sheltering the wood pile from the wind, it wasn't enough and the little flame snuffed out. Either there was still too much wind or the wood was simply too wet. Shae sighed and put her glove back on so her fingers wouldn't freeze, then leaned back against the crates.

"So what are you doing out here in the middle of this storm?" she asked out of the blue. "I'd offer to help you get your speeder working so you can get out of here, but I don't exactly deal with technology all that well."

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Another lovely derisive snort from Lorane. Mandalorians were, indeed, a whole other breed of pugnacious than he'd grown used to wandering around the galaxy.​
"Ha! That sort of thing is exactly why I'm not a Mando. It's annoying as hell when people think they have a right to duel you over an insult. Somebody insults me, I break a bone or five. Or dislocate something. Easy, quick, and painful."
He sighed as he gestured towards the speeder he'd almost run the woman over with.​
"And there's nothing actually wrong with the stupid pile of scrap. The engines just got filled up with snow."
[member="Shae Kalin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom