Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Frego Circuit: No Rush Track [Audience & Gambling Den]

6RWhQio.png

"Welcome ladies and gentlebeings, to the No Rush Track!" A particularly well dressed Gotal Announcer's voice and visage filled the audience stands surrounding the track, as well as deep within the gambling den just outside which was televising the event.

"We are all about to embark upon a high speed journey, where only the most skilled - and perhaps the luckiest - will make it out to the other side! So please, sit back, drink your drinks, eat your eats, and watch the racers try to out do each other in a display of violence and speed!" The alien smiled devilishly before looking behind him with an outstretched hand.

"Here they come, betting may begin, now!" The gambling den at that moment began to frenzy as its residents tried to exchange currency information with the bookies. Other games and amenities were of course, provided at cost.

OBJECTIVE 1:
  • Spectate and Relax - As things happen in the race, summaries will be provided for the audience to react to. Feel free to react to things as they happen though by watching the Race thread!​
OBJECTIVE 2:
  • Give us your money! - These racers are in it for the money, and so are you! Place your bets on who is going to win, and you just might be a share of the earnings. Are you feeling lucky, punk?
OBJECTIVE 3:
  • Why leave things to chance? - Bring your own objective, and execute your nefarious agendas!

Objective: Give us your money!
-------------------------------------
Cazzun pushed through the crowds just as the gambling den opened, I'll bet 10,000 on that Helena wins the overall race! In the back of his mind he thinks, Wait was it Helena I wanted to bet on.

He then found a good place to watch, and he sits back to watch. If I lose I'll have to stop taking trips everywhere for no reason.

Objective 1

Katarine was struggling. She had never been the type to sit still or do whatever pleases her. Back in the day she had served the rebellion diligently. Now waking up over 800 years in the future the woman had no path in front of her. She had met a handsome man at the library and he had briefly mentioned Darkwire. Following his advice she had ended up making contact with the criminals.

But now what? She felt aimless and depressed. With no path, no goals, and no real desires the woman may as well have been a ghost wandering around a racing den in the hopes of some unfinished business.

"Here we go folks!" The voice of the Gotal sounded over the thrum of high-powered engines being revved on. "The contestants are powering through the first couple turns of the track with lightning speed, turning almost ninety degrees last turn just to keep on the track! It would seem that the current race leader, Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx is not overly fond of losing her position, and has dropped a smoke grenade on the track! This is sure to be an interesting obstacle for the rest of our contestants!" Though no one could see it, the alien leaned in his seat with a sick looking smile, as if he were hoping for a crash.

On a mobile device sitting next to the goat man, he could already see the bets come flying in from the Gambling Den some distance away from the track proper, seeing a rather large spike for the female in second, "Helena", and as well as a sudden uptick in bets for Ruby Jaxx after tossing such an obstacle on the track to secure her position.

He sent a missive over to his own bookie to place a bet down for Ruby Jaxx with 5% of his budgeted allotment for the day.

Daiya Daiya , Mliss Roo Mliss Roo , Len Vert Len Vert , Cazzun xataar Cazzun xataar , Gray Venasir Gray Venasir , Ar'tal Ktruok Ar'tal Ktruok , Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx , K KAR

Katarine had taken a seat at the bar and was waiting for the bartender to notice her. She noticed that there were touch displays built right into the bar so that you could place bets right from there. Technology had come so far since the days of the Rebellion!

She opened her mouth to speak to the bartender, but the alien just walked by and ignored her. Katarine felt out of place, but also knew she had nowhere else to be these days. She raised a few fingers, trying to get the attention of the bartender, who was taking a drink order down the bar.

K KAR

"I think she was next," Xandyr said to the bartender, once he had a cold glass of beer in front of him. He was feeling polite enough to highlight that she had been ignored, but only once he had been served himself. The bartender wasn't paying much attention and he had been getting thirsty.

"I'm putting my credits on the one with the crazy rabbit mask ( Xan Deesa Xan Deesa ) Xandyr said to no one in particular.

The thought of flying a swoop bike terrified him. The raw speed and altitude, just imagining it made the hairs on the back of his neck stood up. Xandyr was perfectly comfortable watching and drinking and gambling away his credits.

"Her entire existence terrifies me to no end"
Mliss slipped into the audience stand just as the swoop bikes zoomed off. Smiling brightly, she took one of the empty seats near the front of the bustling crowd. Not many people sat at that place because it was right near an almost 90-degree turn and had a high likability of someone crashing into that part of it. Mliss really hoped they would. She took out her notepad from her bag and her pen from its permanent place behind her ear.

"Now for this story..." Mliss began lightly chewing on the end of her pen as idea's came to her, then she smiled devishly.

Okay- let's see... A race held by darkwire was the perfect spot for any excitement that was to be had. And the girl now sitting in the spectator stands wanted action- sorely. She never missed that rush of exhileration that always happened when life flashed before your eyes. But she was unable to participate, for she both had no speeder, and couldn't ride one! But it was her dream to! So she wanted to watch, imagining what it was like. The girl, named... Calla. Yes- Calla. Calla looked to the scoreboard, on the very edge of her seat. Ooh! How's it going to go!

Mliss sighed and looked up wistfully at the swoop bikes- oh how lovely it would be to almost die on one of those. The experience would be great for her writing. Really KNOWING what it was like. "Quite as fun as almost drowning. You can meet so many nice people that way!" She remarked with a cheerful grin. But that happened last week- her stories needed something new this week. She jumped up, cheering for Xan Deesa Xan Deesa wildly, which did get her some annoyed looks. And some rude gestures. She then waved back to those people cheerfully before sitting down again. She returned to her note pad.

Calla fished in her pocket for the credits she had earned... Rancor hunting! Yeah! She would go bet on someone most likely. She dearily hoping that their would be some excitement. And there would be- whether it was on accident, or not...

Last edited:
Xandyr Xandyr

The bartender grunted and moved down to take Kats order. Clearly the bartenders mind was somewhere else today. Maybe he had lost a lot of money on the race already.

When she had her drink in hand she raised it to the man down the bar, a gesture of thanks. She glanced back up at the monitor showing the race and saw a fan very close to the track cheering ( Mliss Roo Mliss Roo ). The girl was so close! Hopefully nobody would crash right into her.

K KAR

Xandyr smiled back, but his attention was drawn to the screens showing the line up. He didn't even hear the announcement, but felt the atmosphere in the room shift as the starting lights turned amber.

The swoops roared to life and shot for the skies. His bet tossed a smoke grenade to try and put the others off from the start.

"Put down credits on anyone?" he asked the woman who now had a drink in hand.

Daiya eyed the six racers assembling in the pit of the Frego Circuit racetrack. The girl leaned one way and then the next, from where she was standing behind the security barricade it was hard to spy exactly who was competing in this one. She knew Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin would be there, that wasn't a surprise, but most of the others were unknown to her. That didn't stop the anxious teen from bobbing on the tips of her toes, eager to collect autographs for the holojournal tucked under her arm.

If, by the end of the race, one of those wound up being valuable then who was she to complain?

She inched closer to the cordon, drawing the ire of one of the security guards. The bulky Devaronian stepped so close the girl could smell his rank breath, and her face started to wrinkle up before she stopped it. Daiya adopted a sweet visage to match the eagerness she had felt toward the racers, and now for getting as far away from this guard as she could. "You'll have to move back, girl, this entrance is only for racers and their pit crew."

And? Did he say and?

Daiya smiled warmly at the guard, ignoring the signals assaulting her nose and brain. Her eyes tracked the racers as they moved about their swoops, waiting for the right one to pass close to the entrance. "Oh, I'm in Cassus' pit crew, I've just been trying to get his atten—" Tardy as always, pool boy. "HI CASSUS!"

The Devaronian swung his gaze from Daiya, who had hoisted herself on tiptoes and was waving vigorously at someone behind him. The girl crossed the fingers of her free hand together, until miraculously the prodigal son appeared. She shouted again to him and waved hard until he gave her a tentative wave back. "See? Now can I get through?"

It took the big man a moment or two to process the situation, and for a moment it looked like she was going to lose out. Daiya wondered if she should have tried another approach, to try to persuade him with her mind, or just sneak past him altogether. The shadowrunner fidgeted on her ankles, bobbing her body to the left and right as if to illustrate the guard's choices for him. Finally, with a shake of his horned, red head, the Devaronian moved aside and opened the gate for her.

Daiya didn't waste any time! She flew past him, heading straight for the assortment of racers lining up. Pulling her datapad out, she got it and her stylus ready for a fast pass through the lineup, hoping to be out of there before anyone else noticed she was out of place.

"Lucky you know someone in the race kind enough to let you in."

What was that, a smart-ass response from Cassus? Daiya's smile became a smirk and she sidled up close to him. The air was thick with fumes and the smell of oil, but she could still pick out pool boy's familiar scent. She let it out through her nose, almost like a snort. "The secret is," the shrewd young shadowrunner admitted, "when you want something bad enough, you always know someone." As if to illustrate her point, she waved to a passing pit crew worker, raising her voice in the same manner as before. "HI JAX!"

The worker looked up, bewildered, but gave her a nervous wave in response.

"See?" She turned back to see the boy's mask staring back at her. Daiya didn't have to hear his complaint, the girl could practically see the gears turning in his head. "Oh, don't give me that look. It works! Now I'm going to get some autographs!"

Daiya turned to go, but she felt a pair of eyes burning a hole in her skull. The teen looked back at Cassus, who was holding his hand out for her datapad and stylus. An autograph? From him? "Umm, no."

"So you don't want the winner's signature?"

"I dooooo and that's why I'm walking past yoooouuu," the girl sang and pivoted back to the other racers. Her autograph page went blank until she found her next willing party.

Even if Cassus did manage to win, and Daiya's own predictive powers found that pretty unlikely, she wasn't interested in his autograph, right? She stopped still to ponder that, and it cost her a moment too long. Before she knew it the announcer was calling the racers to the starting line.

Daiya dashed toward the entrance to the audience stands, eager to get out of the way and avoid notice from anyone who wouldn't fall for her tricks or guile.

slQCnMc.png

S P E C T A T E • A N D • R E L A X

Only two autographs? Daiya groused to herself as the first round sped by, vanishing around the corner of the track. She looked up from time to time, watching the swoops wind their way through the maze of the track. Now she was glad to have gotten a signature from Helena already, the way the woman was piloting the smoking contraption Daiya wasn't sure if it was going to last the race. The girl looked away as a giant cloud of smoke erupted from a grenade dropped by Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx in first, not wanting to watch the impending conflagration she expected.

The audience held its breath with her, and with the round of relieved sighs, Daiya looked back at the screens to watch the racers emerge from the smoke. She only saw half of them so far, with the rest zooming on toward the next bend at a truly insane pace.

Too fast. Daiya's stomach clenched as if she, too, felt the speeds and turns the racers were going. She stood up, needing the sensation to ground her against the imagination of her stomach. The girl spied one of the few other audience members not paying as close attention to the race —but for a brief moment of triumph for Xan Deesa Xan Deesa who appeared to be the other girl's favorite— and moved over to stand by her.

"Is this seat taken?" she asked, gazing at the cheery blonde sitting with a pen and notepad in her hand. Analogue? Weird. Daiya sat if she was allowed to, not really waiting to offer formalities. "I'm Daiya. What are you writing?"

OOC: Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin gave his permission for the use of his character.

Last edited:
"Her entire existence terrifies me to no end"
Calla grinned as she could almost FEEL the exhilaration of being on those bikes. The wind whipping violently against her dark blue hair. She gave a blissful sigh, oh how much would she give to be on one of those things? To feel the rush similar to jumping into a Sarlacc. Ha. That was a fun one. The smell though... She returned her gaze to the track before an evil glint came to her-

"Is this seat taken?"

Mliss blinked out of her musings and turned to the voice coming from beside her.

Apparently, Mrs. Calla was to distracted to notice the girl that had been approaching. Tsk tsk Calla.

"Please!" Mliss beamed as she gestured to the spot next to her.

"I'm Daiya. What are you writing?"

The girl introduced herself and Mliss grinned at the question, eager to explode into a million explanations, "Currently I am writing a story about a girl who is looking for some excitement, so she came here to watch the DarkWire race because something interesting ALWAYS happens here, whether intentional or not."

At that point a wicked grin spread across her face, oh yes!! EXCITEMENT WILL COMEEEEEEE!

Calla glanced at the new comer- maybe she would have to improvise to get rid of her before...

"So I decided to come here to get some inspiration!!! I really hope there's a crash- or an explosion!!! Or MAYBE even a RATHTAR!!" At this point she was practically hoping on the spot, waving her arms happily!

I've haaven't seem a Rathtar in over a WEEK! THERE NEEDS TO BE A RATHATR!!! Of course the is little likelihood of a Rathtar- I might have to do something about that...

She imagined Daiya was looking at her pretty weirdly, but her mind was already far away as she turned back to the race. "So who do you think will win? I hope Xan Deesa Xan Deesa will. Cause I wanna go bet on her. I wonder if there is an age limit to betting. Oh- what are you doing here at this lovely race today?" She smiled, turning back to Daiya.

Calla needs information on this newcomer... Hm... Calla- Aren’t you silly. You aren't a spy today, only a longing spectator. Well, I guess information is also handy. Calla was now CURIOUS if the newcomer who unsuspectingly sat next to her.

Last edited:
Daiya Daiya , Mliss Roo Mliss Roo , Len Vert Len Vert , Cazzun xataar Cazzun xataar , Gray Venasir Gray Venasir , Ar'tal Ktruok Ar'tal Ktruok , Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx , K KAR

The audience was wild with excitement as racers entered the thick cloud of smoke just before a perilous turn, each of the racers adapting to the circumstances in their own ways. It was clear from even so far away that Ruby Jaxx was in this race to win it! She wasn’t alone, however, and as racers cut turns with expert skill or through capable technology they all got bunched up close together around the 3rd turn.

“Amazing, despite being blinded for a good portion of turn two it seems that Cassus, Azula, and Yula (from the back of the pack no less!) have cut through the smoke and surpassed Ruby’s position! Oh, would you look at that hit! Looks like Cassus doesn’t like sharing the raceway with the ladies! It might cost him however, as Azula takes the lead going into turn five!”

The gambling den was a madhouse as the Gotal Announcer dictated what was happening, with bets changing every second the Swoop Racers were speeding up. Some went down with the positions changes and others went up as the action got hot.

“I could be wrong folks, but I think Ruby is feeling scorned here, I think she’ll be packing some heat here in a moment!”

End of Round 1:
  1. Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket 5/16 turns (Higher than ahead and behind 3 turns earned)
  2. Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin 4/16 turns (Higher than ahead, 2 turns earned)
  3. Yula Perl Yula Perl 4/16 turns (Higher than ahead, 2 turns earned)
  4. Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx 3/16 turns (Higher than behind, 1 turn earned, and gains 1 Determination Point)
  5. Helena 2/16 turns (No turns earned)
  6. Xan Deesa Xan Deesa 2/16 (No turns earned)
Turn Six and Seven will be horizontal crossing a deep chasm! (Perpendicular to the ground in the pit far below)

Last edited:
"Hmm," Kur said, placing his thumb and forefinger to his chin. The Duros' eyes were transfixed on the race happening below and around them. The spectator's box where they were couldn't see quite everything. But displays mounted around the arena meant that no detail went unwatched by the observant eyes of an experienced pilot like Kur.

"Well? Well? What do you think? Who's got it?" Stannon asked with loads of nervous energy. The Tynnan excitedly rocked back and forth on the balls of his padded feet.

"Hard to say this early. These things are as much about luck as they are about skill. Equipment can play a factor too. Keep an eye on their bikes and gadgets. You might have a better guess before me."

"Gadgets? Oh! That lady just used a smoke grenade. They can do that?!"

"These things are usually 'by any means.' So yeah. If you've got a tool, why not use it?"

Mir had no idea what they were talking about. Races and bikes or swoops or whatever they were called were squarely outside of his areas of expertise or interest. But he was content to allow his friends their enjoyment. That was pleasure enough for the Ithorian.

K KAR

"Ah, that's what I went for too," Xandyr chuckled. "I guess when it comes to a swoop race you choose the one that looks the most crazy. Can't help but think that anyone sane is gonna form the middle of the pack, you know?"

Xandyr lifted his drink and offered a smile.

"It's Xandyr by the way," he said, offering his name too. His gaze was quickly caught by the monitors. Their bet was left trailing the pack within two turns.

"Damn," he muttered.

Daiya sat down happily as the writer girl started on about her story. A story that sounded quite a lot like the exact circumstances of the race today. That was another oddity of this blonde-haired ball of energy seated next to her, who seemed to be close to bursting her seams over the idea of seeing a Rathtar. Whatever that was.

Whatever it was, it seemed to go hand-in-hand with crashes and explosions, so Daiya imagined it was something similar. Maybe a local name for a big pile-up? Or some hideous apparition in a costume complete with big shoes and multi-colored hair that often showed up to youngling's birthday parties and the odd festive event. Which, as the girl had noticed during the start of the race, this event definitely qualified as festive.

The energy of the crowd seemed to mimic the girl next to her, cheering at something that made Daiya look up at the screens. Her heart fluttered a little as she saw Cassus zoom out of the black smoke and go on to take the next turn with uncanny grace. Was she really that happy to see him pull ahead in the race? Had she really been hoping he would go up in smoke on the first turn?

Thinking about Cassus made her head spin, so Daiya tried to change the subject by asking about that Rathtar thing her new seating partner seemed so excited about. In fact, she started to ask, "What's a—" only to get the explosion-happy girl talking about the race prospects. Daiya had to suppress an instinctive groan, covering it up with a quick, "I don't know, but I sure am glad I got Yula's signature now!"

She pointed to the rankings, showing the Zeltron racer coming up just behind the two surprising leaders in the race. It was still early enough that it could all shift again, but the girl seemed pretty pleased that someone else might pull ahead past Cassus. "I didn't put any money down on her, but maybe I should. I think they're still taking bets for now. Or Ruby, that grenade was pretty clever." Daiya remarked, adding absently, "I wonder if she has any other tricks up her sleeve."

"I came to watch and get autographs," Daiya told the other girl, pulling out her datapad to show off the couple she had obtained so far. The young shadowrunner made sure to hold the pad out of reach, putting it away just as soon as she was sure her point was made. "They can be pretty valuable on the CryptNet, so long as you get the right person at the right time. And that they're not suffering from a concussion or just learning how to use a new cyborg arm, ya know?"

Last edited:
"Kark, I'm late."

Gray was jogging towards the swoop track. It had already started, and he knew it. But business had kept him longer than he thought. Which is why he had killed the bothersome client who didn't want to pay him full price for a job done. And of course, that had only led to more complications, having to deal with a dead body. Who knew hiding a Kaleesh, and explaining it to the janitor he met in the back alley, could be so hard?

But he was there now, barging into the betting area. Two of the people he knew, Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin and Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx were competing in this race. Without even looking at the screen that was showing the race, Gray pushed himself towards the betting counter.
"Oy, you still taking bets?" he asked when he had pushed through the crowd. "2000 credits each on Cassus and Ruby." He slammed the credits on the counter, and filled in his name so they'd know who he was when he came to collect the price when one of them had won. "They just have to win." he thought.

"Oooooh someone just lost a lot of money on Xan!" The Gotal winced as the bike exploded and its rider clambered away without a scratch. "Hopefully she can blend into the crowd before angry gamblers find her in her neon uniform - hmm." The goat man thought about that statement for a moment before moving on.

"Looks like the chasm has got the racers nervous, Azula has backed way down and it appears our front runner Yula is freaking out over something while dangling over the canyon! This race is already nearly half over, but no one is out of this race yet! Err, well, except Xan of course..."

A race organizer came up into the announcers booth and tapped the alien on the shoulder, who instinctively covered their mike.

"Hey we're live here, what do you want?" The goat man snapped, before the business suit leaned down and whispered into his ear, causing a worried look before a wide grin.

"Still plenty of danger on the track left folks, and it seems like there might not be enough to some people! Look over to No Rush Butte and tell us what you see!" The announcer almost laughed.

End of Round 2
  1. Yula Perl Yula Perl (higher than ahead and behind, gains 3 turns, and gains 1 Determination Point) 9/16
  2. Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin (higher than ahead gains 2 turns) 8/16
  3. Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket (no turns gained) 7/16
  4. Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx (higher than behind, gains 1 turn) 6/16
  5. Xan Deesa Xan Deesa (higher than ahead, gains 2 turns) 6/16 (Disqualified, Bike Explosion)
  6. Helena (no turns gained) 4/16
Determination Points:
Turns 9, 10, and 11 surround a massive Sarlacc Pit. Don't get caught by tentacles!
Turns 11, 12, and 13 surround a Butte. (Gangsters seem to have gotten up there and are aiming to shoot down the front runners! Who hired them?!) Racers starting here will subtract 3 from their Advancement rolls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom