Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forwards, For the Republic! (Defection)

DS-772 and his fellow recovered clones stood warily around the clearing. They had just completed a mission for their Masters, the One Sith and their Empire. But during that mission The Captain and his Clones became all to aware of where their loyalties lay. The Republic may have become an empire, but that did now mean that Clone Troopers became Stormtroopers. This 'Empire' that 772 and his fellow clones had been tricked into serving stood against everything the Republic had once fought for. And Massacring these civilians, as he and his brothers had just finished doing, What purpose had this served? None but the twisted wills of the sith. They saw that now.

"Ours was the mandate meant to bring Peace and Order to the Galaxy...Now look what we've become" The tired clone sighed to himself. Who was he kidding, his career had gone from glorious heroism to senseless villainy, and he was not proud of it. There was only one chance for redemption, and it lay in the hands of the reformed Republic, and their court system. DS-772 would present himself before them and plead his case, then accept his judgement, it was his only hope for a true chance at redemption. But to do that, their message had to reach the Republic, one could only hope that it arrived before the Sith did

[member="Weiss"]

The transports exited hyperspace on the far side of the planet. Both took off with haste toward the surface.

Weiss looked around the seats, the 313th was making themselves combat ready, checking weapons and gear.
But he hoped this would be s non violent event. His orders were clear - there was a defecting elite unit of clones here. He was to bring them in.

The shuttle shook somewhat as they entered the athmosphere.

"Listen in." he ordered in his com.

"Primary objective is to secure location and collect their arms. They are elite soldiers and have served the sith. Stay sharp out there." he turned the com off. The 313th were no rookies, they knew what to do but Weiss knew that the intel had pointed out [member="DS-772"] and his men as extremely capable. Hopefully they were not walking into a trap.

With a roar the shuttle breached the forest ceiling and landed in the glade.
Republic troopers exited en masse encircling the clones.

Weiss stepped out last and marched forward alone toward [member="DS-772"]
There was something special about clone soldiers, something that carried respect.

Weiss came to a halt a few meters away from him and made a stern salute.

"Captain Weiss, 313th republic marine core." he started and gave [member="DS-772"] a nod.

"I have ships ready for your extraction and safe transport to republic space." he then continued but also gestured at large crates being placed outside of the entrance to the shuttle behind him.

"I will however need you and your men to leave your weapons in there before I can allow access to the shuttles."

The Clone Captain surbeyed the shuttle as it approached, tracking it's progress, he had his men assemble parade inspection style, showing that they had no sentries or sharpshooters in the trees to help calm the republic soldiers.

772's Eyes, in his helmet took stock of the captain, Glancing with some approval at the armor that had at least seen battle. The sith had been wrong, the republic did fight back it seemed.

DS-772 returned the Salute "Captain Weiss, a pleasure to see you sir. I'm Captain DS-772, or I was in the Republic. I and my men have betrayed the ideals we once fought for. As such is the case I will surrender my men into your care.

He and his men formed a neat double row and began marching toward the shuttle, Depositing weapons and any extraneous gear into the crates Captain [member="Weiss"] had indicated, Before boarding the shuttle, the clones snapping and changing position to gaze out at the assembled soldiers essentially as one being

There was no question about their militaristic professionalism.

"Consider your surrender accepted Captain. We will bring you back into republic space where a tribunal will decide on your fate." Weiss saluted and placed his hands on his back observing the clone unit march into the shuttle.

Once all had boarded he raised a fist in the air and signalked for the republic troopers to fall in and return to the shuttle.

There were no restraints, no cages. The soldiers kept a good eye on the prisoners though abd despite that they all felt and recognized the pain these soldiers had endured under the yoke of suth rule they still had to treat them as enemy soldiers in that regard.

The shuttle soon left the athmosphere and darted of to board with the waiting republic cruiser in orbit. It would take [member="DS-772"] and his men to proper instances.

"No Salutes are Necessary Captain, I'm far past earning them" DS-772 Said as [member="Weiss"] Saluted him once again. Creators knew he surely felt far from deserving of them

DS-772 was glad he'd done this for his men. If and when the tribunal judged him he decided he would take full responsibility for his men's actions. Afterall it was he that had ordered them to carry out these atrocities, there was no reason the mostly innocent should suffer for 772's apparent weakness.

The Captain and his main remained perfectly quiet and still the entire shuttle ride, their gazes under their helmets unflinchingly glued to the wall opposite of them, not a single word was spoken between them, not even on internal comms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom