Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Changes

EmKay

Hey there, folks.

Since we're changing the name, looks, and everything else to do with the faction, I think it's a good time to optimise the way our forum structure works. I've been tinkering with the actual layout, and came up with this:

INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
  • Administration
  • Military
  • News and Announcements

OUT OF CHARACTER DISCUSSION
  • Roleplay Planning
  • Introductions and General Discussion

IN CHARACTER [ROLEPLAY]

RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
  • Pre-Factory
  • Approved

ARCHIVE
  • I&R
  • OOC
  • ICRP
  • R&D

And while I like this, I think getting user feedback would be the best bet to make this a lasting solution. If you have any modification suggestions to the above, or want to see something else added to out little slice of Chaos, post it in this thread and we'll work from there.

Thanks!

Looks good

Is there a need for admin, news, discussion and roleplay plannkng ?

Naybebyhe factory could just have a sticky topic where people could post approved sub's?

EmKay

[member="Raziel"],

The purpose of Admin is to have threads like Admin Contact Information, information about how the faction operates, and things like that on an OOC informational level. A kind of miniature wikipedia (obviously not as comprehensive unless we devote a lot of time into it) relating to the way the Faction works and such. Schedules, allies, enemies, that kind of thing. Also a place to ask questions or file complaints to the Faction Admins rather than an RPJ or something.

The purpose of News is to make announcements of invasions/dominions/polls/votes/whathaveyou, which is what we (in my opinion, incorrectly) use OOC General for right now. I'd like to make the forum more well-organised and promote A. More categorised use of the Faction Forum, and B. More involvement in exploring the forums, rather than sifting through one big clump to find what you need. What we have now is better than what Isley had, but it's still not enough (in my opinion).

The purpose in RP Planning conjoins with what I said above, giving people more specific use of forums. While it would be wasteful of time to make an RP Planning thread for a dominion that was announced when an announcement thread works just as well, interpersonal RPs (like my recruiting for people to go Tarentatek hunting with me) can be better placed in an RP Planning forum rather than in General OOC with all of the other stuff running around. It makes it easier to go "I feel like writing with my buddies, let's check the planning thread" rather than going "I feel like writing with my buddies, I wonder if there's a thread in here somewhere relating to that."

I hope that helps as far as the purpose of the different forums. If there's any confusion, I can type all day, haha.

As far as the approved list, that could work better. Saves me time. Would take away the need for subforums and it would merely become "RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT".

EmKay

Okay so I'm working on getting the forum rearranged, so titles and structure may not look quite right at the moment. Bear with me through this.

EmKay

Yes, the Forum is getting bare boned. Yes, it's falling into a state of being unsorted. Yes, I know it's a problem. No, there's nothing I can do about it right now. I'm waiting on Tef to get back with me regarding many things.

I have no idea how long that's going to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom