Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force Severing and Midichlorians

So I have a question to pose to you all:

If someone is severed from the force, and someone took a blood test to see if you were force sensitive or not, how would it appear?

Does severing someone off from the force affect the midichlorians at all? I'm curious because one of my newer characters is supposed to have been a force user for a long time, but just choose to hide it, and recently in a roleplay I had with someone he had a blood test that came out negative in force sensitivity. I was cool with it because I could be like, "That's cool, he just severed himself from the force."

But then I had an epiphany... does severing just make someone blind to the force regardless of their midichlorians?

My inclination would be that it would maintain their Midichlorian count (they are biological organelles, after all!), but would render them dormant/inactive, thus severing the connection between the user and the Force purely by virtue of the fact that the Midichlorians would no longer be functioning. It would be similar to rendering a disease inert within the body: it's cellular structure would remain intact, but it would not be able to effect the host organism.

They should still be detected by a bloodtest, however, since that would look for protein markers rather than activity.

The funny thing? Tirds explanation was the exact same as my own, save better grammar.

I also feel, in the sense that such an ability is not oriented to one side of the force, it simply wouldnt be feasible that it destroys them all together. That would have to of course then strictly be a darkside talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom