Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force Marker Armor

Nyxie

【夢狐】
MQ25hMo.jpg

Image Source: http://zerofrust.deviantart.com/art/DeadSpace2-Marker-Suit-concept-197113700
Intent: Totally did NOT steal Jon's idea of making up prizes to compel people to join a long thread *wink wink* lol. Making a (hopefully) 100+ post thread and figured I'd try the treasure hunt approach.
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Lost Sith Alchemists
Model: Force Marker Armor
Affiliation: Participants of the thread in which they are found
Modularity: Whatever is reasonable and does not modify the seal
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Armorweave, Terentatek Leather, Alchemical Terenthium-Desh Alloy
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 26 kg. (may vary for non-humanoid races)
Quality:
  • Armorweave/Leather - 2 Ballistic, 3 Blaster, 1 Saber, 5 Concussion
  • Terenthium/Desh - 5 Ballistic, 10 Blaster, 8 Saber
Special Features:
  • Atmospherically sealed
  • Corrosion-proof visor with integrated IR/NV HUD
  • Hard armor over common lightsaber-strike points
  • Padded for extra comfort and protection
  • All standard equipment included (comms, breather, etc)
Description: The "Force Marker" Armor was designed with exactly that in mind, giving standard soldiers an edge against those skilled in the Force. It consists of a series of armorweave layers with embedded Terentatek leather padding, forming an environmental air-tight seal within the suit and/or helmet. Specially alchemized metal plates cover the most vulnerable and commonly struck parts of the body, ensuring that the wearer is protected from lightsaber impacts as well. Places such as the insides of the arms and legs, and directly behind the knee are vulnerable.
The metal plates are not impenetrable by lightsabers, but merely resistant to a degree. After repeated abuse to an area or by holding a saber down against the plates for more than several seconds will cause the blade to breach the metal, leaving the suit underneath vulnerable to continued attack.
The Force Marker Armor imparts full immunity against a wide variety of Force powers, with the following exceptions:
  • Mentalism/illusions
  • Force push/crush (partial resistance)
  • Force-enhanced strength
  • Telekinetically thrown objects
  • Pyrokinesis
  • Other exceptions as reasonable
The Force Hunter Armor is most effective when used in conjunction with a Taozin Amulet, making it more difficult to detect the wearer as a threat.

[member="Nyxie"]

Research Review
Canon

Chaos RP

Without Dev Thread
  • Remove the Alchemized Terentaktek Leather and all respective attributes.
With Dev Thread
  • Off the bat, while you may or may not have done it on purpose, has exact copy and paste functions fromAEL's Spring Line's Terentatek Duster - The Cater Coat. As such, due to proprietary alchemation as since there is no canon precedent to where Lost Sith Alchemist have ever alchemist Terentatek armor for this function and purpose, I will require an extensive quality 60 post dev thread to reverse engineer AEL's proprietary techniques for this armor, as Rave Merrill has extensively put in over three dozen threads and likewise alchemical tech and development threads to master these methods.

Suggestions

I understand you are using it for a mini event, however, as these are proprietary methods with no canon basis in Otherspace nor realspace, I'd recommend on focusing on items that are more Charon tech based rather than Lost Sith alchemy with no canon precedent.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

SUGGESTION

The thing is, there is no canon precedent for anyone utilizing this sort of alchemy for Terentaktek Leather in this exact purpose. The only thing close to it perhaps would be a taozin amulet.

Maybe that may help you?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taozin_amulet

Taozin amulets, also called Taozin skin nodules, were amulets made out of the skin of Taozin. They blurred and clouded Force senses so its wearer could not be detected easily by a Force-sensitive. Lorn Pavan used a nodule for a sneak attack against the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Maul in 32 BBY. However, despite the protection of the nodule, Maul's Force tracking skills finally let him track down and kill Pavan after several weeks.

These amulets were also used by Inquisitors on Imperial Center around 18 BBY.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
[member="Danger Arceneau"]
I am not referring to the alchemization of terentatek leather. I am speaking in general.

I have imbued a vast manner of magic and Force "powers" to stuff before though, and canonically speaking, it Wookiee says it is possible (that's how virtually all of the amulets come into existence).

A taozin nodule has a completely different function than protection and thus does not suffice.

I do not see why I cannot impart the armor with a minor form of Force Immunity (canon: Upgrade of Force Resistance (self-explanatory)?

TO SUMMARIZE:
General Alchemy.
Standard materials.
Imbuing of Effects between Force Resistance and Force Immunity.

No terentatek alchemy.

No full immunity.

Again, to be completely and 100% clear, I am not referring to the use of terentatek leather to develop the Force resistance, and I am not talking about quote-unquote virtual invulnerability. I am basically referring to using regular alchemy to imbue regular armor with the canon ability (not to the extent of complete or total invulnerability).

And if you do not decline this method, I will edit the submission with such.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

While slight lightning resistance, slight fire resistance, and slight imbuements of the Force; however, with all of these there has always been a development thread required or the crafter has had a vast experience imbuing this high level of a resistance onto the item.

Again, if you so desire to have a partial Force immunity and Force resistance, I will require a comparable development thread for it regardless if you are not using the Terentatek leather to develop that resistance.

[member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Særa Ayña Savan"] If its going to take long I suggest saving it onto a word doc until its read to be submitted as a complete form. I will be doing my best at keeping WIPs limited to being there for a week to two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom