Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Force Imbued Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create the metal that is the foundation of life on the planet Formitron
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A ?
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Formium
  • Manufacturer: The Force Nexus on the planet Formitron,
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Homeworld: Formium

• Production :Minor
  • Modularity:No
  • Material: Formium is made up of a compound of many metals so resistance is not based on any one metals properties.
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Metal
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances:

• Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Average

• Kinetic: High

• Lightsabers: Average

• Other: Heat: Low

• Corrosives: Low

[*]
Color: Silver with various glowing lines running through it.

SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths: Formium being naturally ductile can be manipulated and strengthened by the force.

Weaknesses: when not currently being used by the Formitronians/Force users it will slowly become more ductile.

DESCRIPTION
Formium's chemical structure is very easy to manipulate with the force.

Formium is used to make everything Formitronians need...Shelter, Weapons, Spare parts...art.

and of course other Formitronians however the being is an empty shell before they take it to the Force Nexus which then animates it.

Imbued with the force Formitronians are naturally force sensitive although to varying degrees.

[member="Thalliesin Bard"]

This is a really interesting idea for a submission, but there are a few issues that I'd like to go through with you.

Thalliesin Bard said:
Manufacturer: A naturalluy occuring material found only on the planet Formitron, It is what the entire planet is made out of so distribution is pretty even.

The factory requires a link to the manufacturer in this link. You could link to your character as a member of the race, but you need to provide a link to someone.

Thalliesin Bard said:
Production:Unique
I see that the metal is everywhere on the planet, so could you please explain why you've chosen a unique rating for this submission when it seems to be widely available on the planet.

Thalliesin Bard said:
Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Average Kinetic: High Lightsabers: Average Other: Heat: Average.

At the current rating the resistances are very low, however if you were to drop the production value to minor then it would be balances.

Thalliesin Bard said:
Strengths: Formitronians being made from said materil can shape it to their will when touching it.
This is a really really cool power I have to admit, I'm just worried that it doesn't really conform to the theme of star wars. Do you have any canon sources or examples of any metal responding like this? A living adaptable metal?

John Locke said:
[member="Thalliesin Bard"]

This is a really interesting idea for a submission, but there are a few issues that I'd like to go through with you.

The factory requires a link to the manufacturer in this link. You could link to your character as a member of the race, but you need to provide a link to someone.

I will get on that...I believe my thought process was that since it's not really manufactured that it was unnecessary.

I see that the metal is everywhere on the planet, so could you please explain why you've chosen a unique rating for this submission when it seems to be widely available on the planet.
I was assuming the galaxy was the standard... will change it.

At the current rating the resistances are very low, however if you were to drop the production value to minor then it would be balances.
will do.

This is a really really cool power I have to admit, I'm just worried that it doesn't really conform to the theme of star wars. Do you have any canon sources or examples of any metal responding like this? A living adaptable metal?

Not that I know of...but I would add that this is a force manipulated material so it's going to act strangely, If you thinks it's to different I would appreciate suggestions to fix it.
Also I thought taken in context with the other posts that it made sense.

now I remember why It was Unique... because only one thing has ever caused it and that was the force nexus...

Also I thought the whole shapeshifting thing would be too overpowered if the resistances were all high.

Hello, I'll be taking for John for the rest of this and helping you get this approved.

Thalliesin Bard said:
Weaknesses: It is incredibly weak to Acid and other corrosives
I'd add this to the resistances section.
Thalliesin Bard said:
Also I counted 21 shapeshifting species in EU... So the metal being connected to the shapeshifting species... not out of the question.

There are a number of shapeshifting species and even metal-based creatures in Star Wars, but none that can take a piece of themselves and manipulate it as such.

Metallurgically, the ability to be able to change its shape would be ductility. I don't see any issue with making a highly ductile metal, but that's going to come with drawbacks, typically softness and/or a low melting point.

To make sure I'm understanding this, the Formitronians manipulate it through the Force? Or is there another way that they manipulate it?

Gir Quee said:
Hello, I'll be taking for John for the rest of this and helping you get this approved.

I'd add this to the resistances section.

There are a number of shapeshifting species and even metal-based creatures in Star Wars, but none that can take a piece of themselves and manipulate it as such.

Metallurgically, the ability to be able to change its shape would be ductility. I don't see any issue with making a highly ductile metal, but that's going to come with drawbacks, typically softness and/or a low melting point.

To make sure I'm understanding this, the Formitronians manipulate it through the Force? Or is there another way that they manipulate it?
The metal was created by a force nexus, which was formed from the remaining essence/midichlorian remains of an

entire solar system so they are connected to both the force nexus and the Formitronians. {<this might have been a

tangent} However the formitronians have to be touching them to manipulate them...because it is more like they are

integrating with the metal...Is this force assisted...Yes,

could a organic force user manipulate it? I have no idea.

As for ductility, low melting point...I can do, but I would like to make it so that a being made out of it can hit someone without their arm being pushed all the way into their shoulder.

Could I say the metal is naturally ductile but that when the force inside it is active it strengthens it?

[member="Thalliesin Bard"], the ability to manipulate the metal would probably be a function of the Formitronians rather than any property of the metal itself. The Force's energy field is based on living things (and this metal isn't living). That means that other Force users will have the ability to manipulate this material as well, though they'd likely need to take some time to learn how to do this.

Thalliesin Bard said:
As for ductility, low melting point...I can do, but I would like to make it so that a being made out of it can hit someone without their arm being pushed all the way into their shoulder. Could I say the metal is naturally ductile but that when the force inside it is active it strengthens it?
I think this would be possible. Metals can have their properties shifted depending on how they are heat-treated, for example, to be harder or softer. I don't think it's too far out of the question for something similar to happen here though done by Force manipulation. For the Factory purposes, I'd describe this as a chemical structure that's easy to manipulate, rather than any sort of Force-related property.

[member="Thalliesin Bard"], it's no bother at all, that's why I'm here! :)

I apologize for the delay on my end though, I prefer to be a little bit faster normally. This is approved though, so have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom