Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private For The Future

Kahlil_Div2.png

Training retreats weren't too common, even if he thought they should be. It's part of the reason he was here now, outside Romi's office. A minor part admittedly. He'd seen her fight with Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . Bits and pieces, and he was sure it went both ways, but it was important he checked in on her. She was one of the few Jedi who didn't take issue with a Zambrano joining the ranks after all. He ducked into the room, hands behind his back with a calm smile as ever on his face.

"Master Jade. I've heard you've started to hang around here more. Settling in alright?"

Romi Jade Romi Jade

An office -- she told Valery Noble Valery Noble she didn't need anything of the sort.

She appreciated the gesture, and tried her best to utilize it when she was around, but when on-world, she mostly spent time at home. It obviously looked unkempt, like someone was always in and out; it just had the air of a huge work in progress. Scattered paper piles, datapads, archaic odds and ends -- what was she working on next?

Musing over a schematic, a stray finger curled around her lips while deep in thought. Tunnel vision. She'd gotten back the framework from the artisans for an artifact, one she had been conceptualizing. After what happen on Ossus, her vision, and what Zark had told her...she craved more on what appeared at the time to be a new Sith threat.

Though she never thought they were a new threat really...

The next phase was to present this to the NJO Council, and object or objects to absorb and contain Sith magicks and rituals, something that could likely come in handle given history...it was her way of helping however she could, on top of other things.

She inhaled at the sudden sound of a voice that wasn't the one in her head, but she recognized the tone at least.

She whipped around, "I am thanks, but really, I-I i'm grateful for the space you guys on the Council provided but I really didn't need all of this." She scanned the entirety of the room, "I don't wanna take away from anything else this spot could've been useful for...I just hate to intrude really."

She gave in, "The Shield of the Jedi, to what do I owe the pleasure..."

------

Kahlil_Div2.png

A bemused chuckle escaped the Shield as he pushed off the doorway and motioned to the office.

"We've got plenty of rooms like this since we rebuilt the temple. You're taking the space from anyone, more making use of a room that'd of been empty otherwise." The New Jedi Order had gotten far more Jedi over the years since the start of the war, but it was a far cry from the size the Silvers once had.

"Honestly? Checking in. I sort of saw your confrontation with Carnifex. And I heard about Ossus. Ever since I met you you've been trying to make a safe place for all Jedi, and they've always been attacked in one way or another. .. How are you holding up?"

Romi Jade Romi Jade

She took breath before speaking - where did she start?

"On Jabiim, yeah...and Ossus" she made a report when she got back, "It's tough at times, but I've learned a long time ago to just push forward regardless. The work never stops, and we're needed so... As long as my intention was in the right place, I've just always found peace in that."

A beat.

"Loss comes with the territory. I hope my reports helped in shedding some kind of light. Ossus, wasn't as surprising...but Carnifex that got me thinking..." She leaned back, propping herself up on the desk.

Her last confrontation with Carnifex was several years ago, many brief bouts and deadly skirmishes, with and without Coren Starchaser. Each time it was like...something new. This time, she had already taken a beaten from the wreck, and had to preserve what strength she had for a marathon duel being that she was the sole survivor...but she noted the power he controlled seem much more deafening than before.

She had to prepare.

"I'm sure as the Shield you've got your hands full too? With all that's been going on. What're your thoughts?" she asked.

------

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I think we're as ready as we're ever going to be with what's coming. Emotionally, at least. The Jedi of the New Order aren't pretending there isn't a threat. Just.. I wish they didn't have to be." Perhaps if he had found a way to stop Carnifex rather than exile him from the Wellspring, much of the coming pain and loss could've been avoided. Even Romi's assault.

"War never gets any easier."

Romi Jade Romi Jade

"I would love to believe that, truly. Nothing on the NJO, though it's my personal philosophy that we're never really ever prepared. The Sith lack a certain conduct that we're held to; every rendition just gets worse."

Though, Romi was always a have to be prepared for anything type.

"Unfortunately, It doesn't. That's why we prepare as much as we can now. Training and such, making sure it's reflective of the times we're in, but that's one thing..." She threw out a stray nod, directing his attention to her the desk next to them. "And this is another, check this out..."

She yanked the datapad to their side, swiping the screen with her thumb and punching in a code with a couple of fingers -- all on one hand. She pulled up a hologram, a 3D projection of schematics for some sort of boxed shaped object with archaic curvature built into its person.

"I just got these schematics from the artisans. This is something I've been working on, actually came up in convo with Val first. This object will be able to contain Sith spells, magicks, rituals...any of that crazy stuff. Traps it, and locks it away...nulifying its effects."

------

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was grim, but true. He wasn't too keen on letting it stop him or bring him down, but there was no denying that as time went on, the Sith got more and more extreme. They'd destroy themselves eventually. Hopefully without destroying everything else in the process.

Though he did raise a brow curiously as she mentioned a vault.

"That would be incredibly helpful, yeah. You think I could test it? I don't use many of my spells anymore, but there are a couple I can use safely that can test it's limits I believe."

Romi Jade Romi Jade

"So happy you asked, absolutely." She responded.

She reached in to the holographic projection, and pulled her arm back expanding her fingers to enlarge the image they were seeing; soon she locked it into a constant slow rotation. "The frame itself, its shell? These engravings-" she pointed along its surface, "These runic shapes are Bendu Wards, sort've like a mystical type of numerology, it empowers the casing..."

She spun the cubic object, and then it pulled apart in different sections, "Inside will be like a crystalline lattice, somewhat similar to what you'd see in the makeup of a holocron perhaps, it has to be empowered -- it'd take a few Master-level folks to imbue it with the Force and calibrate it to a proper strength equal to if not more powerful then what it would theoretically be containing."

She took a breath, "So yeah, gonna need some help here..." she glanced over. "Maybe then I could present it to the council after we've worked out the kinks...when it's ready."

------

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"So the Bendu also had runes?"

He'd always been searching for different runes that the Sith themselves didn't use, but he never thought to think of the Bendu. It was a revelation that had his face light up with interest as he started to scan through them, looking for similarities, differences. He raised a hand, letting some of his own runes form as he compared his adaptation of Sith runes to something far older. It almost made his look like children scribbling.

Something he'd have to adapt, with this new knowledge.

"Keeping it as strong as what might be sealed is a tricky thing. Without renewing it, in some years, probably centuries at least, it'll run out, no? Like a battery. And there's no telling the state of the Galaxy, let alone the Jedi. Perhaps something that uses the strength of the object to keep it sealed? Tutamanis comes to mind."

Romi Jade Romi Jade

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom