Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Drinks and Business

Getting lost twice in one day wasn't going to be easy. Yet Helen managed, just like she said.

Using the maintenance areas aboard the shuttle, she snuck past the men aboard and even managed to snatch a holdout blaster for good measure. None of them would suspect a thing as they believed her to be resting in her private cabin. This would do. For a couple of hours, at least.

From the starport she went in search of the Zabrak she met earlier. The cantina wasn't too far, and soon Helen found herself inside. The sound of music blasted around the open room where a circular bar sat at the middle. Humans dominated the scene, but there were a few aliens in sight. Mostly Twi'lek dancers.

Helen took a seat away from the center, but still well within sight of the crowd. A place where she could talk, but not be caught off guard if things went south.

Now the heiress played the waiting game. One she happened to be quite good at.

After the last encounter, Valeska would have been quite a bit late. Filling her pockets with the wealth of rather grateful nobles wasn't a quick task, a life for some credits, it wasn't hard to understand. Though once finished she indeed began making her way to the cantina, leaving her ship and, servants you could call them, a distance away.

Stepping inside her glare scanned the crowd, a pain of annoyance growing in her mind as the music blared on, was there no such thing as a quiet cantina? It mattered little in this moment when she quickly locked eyes with Helen, and began her approach.

Taking a seat across from her, she swung one leg over the other and rested her elbows on the table, tenting her hands, waiting for the negotiating to begin.

"Took you long enough."

By the time Valeska arrived, there were already two empty glasses next to Helen. "So you're a Jedi or something...? Not exactly the stuff of legend, but you have their powers." The heiress waved over a waiter droid, pointing to her empty glasses.

"Another."

The droid tilted its chassis towards Valeska and waited in silence.

Helen's attention rested on Valeska as well. "Have you ever thought about being paid for your services?" She asked.

"I was dealing with more grateful patrons, ones who appreciated my help saving their lives." She eyed Helen, remembering the dismissive anger from not but a few hours ago.

Waving a dismissive hand to the droid, "What I am doesn't quite matter, however, I do get paid for my services quite often. Many people find me rather useful, and I feel the same about their credit lining my pocket."

Valeska leaned forwards slightly, now wishing she had taken a drink, though in these situations it was better to keep a clear head.

"Not paid well, clearly." She said judging by her appearance.

"Though I can change that. Make your time worthwhile, if you make mine." The droid rolled away from the table and came back a little later with another drink for Helen. The woman took a light sip of the beverage, but her attention did not waver from their conversation.

"I will make this simple for you. You're going to work for me, and in return I can offer you sanctuary on Bronsoon... Credits too, of course. You will conduct your business as requested, but I will expect your understanding and discretion in the activities I involve you. And I also expect to never be informed on more than I need to be. A simple exchange."

Helen's eyes continued to search Valeska's face for something that clearly wasn't there. "I know you and I aren't going to be friends, but spiteful retorts won't earn you any favours on my world. I suggest you keep quiet unless speaking is of necessity."

"Do we have an arrangement?" She quirked a brow.

"Doesn't sound as thought I was given much of a choice. Though I suppose it works out regardless." Valeska sighed lightly. really wishing she took that drink earlier.

Leaning back slightly, she quickly scanned the room. This was going to be interesting, helping a young rich woman with what tasks were unknown, surely she was more than slightly twisted for seeking out a sith, or rather simply a vile looking woman for help with who knows what.

"We all have a choice. Just some hurt more than others." She quipped.

Her words weren't a threat. Or at least they weren't addressed in any tone that seemed threatening. It even might've been a moment of kinship, as if Helen knew something of it.

Being a woman in her position wasn't as difficult as some lives, but it had its difficulties no less. The constant struggle for power over her own life. It was a slavery of the mind.

"If that's settled?" She took a final sip and emptied her third glass.

Narrowing her eyes to the woman and crossing her arms as she leaned back, the droid approached yet again, Valeska nodding and mumbling some quiet words to it before it looked to Helen again, silently questioning if she wanted yet another drink.

"My pay, how much would it be. And this space you are offering me is not a closet yes? I will need space for my- comfortable living style, if I am to be assumed to stay close to you, which is what I assume by the offer of sanctuary."

As the droid came and left, bringing something for Helen as well if she so requested it, a drink for Valeska was dropped on the table. Taking a small sip, she observed the other across from her, waiting for her line of questions to be answered before she agreed to anything.

Helen chuckled.

At least she seemed amused by Valeska's questioning. "I will arrange for you to live in the maintenance yard. There's a garage there that has not seen much use, and can be easily rearranged into a living quarters." She began to explain.

"It also happens to be near the entrance, and is seldom noticed by staff. Though you are a woman like me, so your status is limited. You will be the mechanic's assistance, so I'm afraid you will have to help him from time-to-time." Helen seemed visibly angered by this.

Not at all for Valeska's sake, though, but more because of her own. It was this very same prejudice that prevented her from living out her dreams. That kept her locked in invisible chains, a leash held by the board of trustees that saw her as little more than an asset to be managed.

"As for your pay..." She finally addressed the first question. "You will be compensated upon completion, never up front. It is a dangerous arrangement and I cannot be so foolish as to reward failure. Show me you can succeed, and you will live well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom