Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folor Base - Needs A Bit of Dusting

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Folor. One of the two moons orbiting Commenor. Hundreds of years ago it was home to one of the Republic's bases and starfighter training facilities. It was later destroyed by the Empire and the moon and since been abandoned.

Until now.

Since Kay's return and crowning as Queen, she had been working at rebuilding Commenor's defences. Folor base was one of them. Teams had been sent ahead with equipment to rebuild the base. There was no atmosphere on the moon, so it took some time before everything was ready fir inspection.

harshrealm-cincinnati7.jpg

Kay flew on board the Free Lady with General Omar Santiago, [member="Stardust Raxis"] and a possible new hire [member="Giorg Montey"] . As they approached the base, the General looked through the viewport with a critical gaze. The man was never known to smile nor show any sign of happiness. But perhaps that was what made him so good with his job.

The Free Lady touched down inside the hanger. Once the airlock was sealed, the ramp lowered so that Kay and her people could step out into the base. Outside of the equipment used to reconstruct and supply it, there wasn't much inside. "Well, outside of the much needed soldiers, ships and talent, I think that it's workable."

For the moment, General Santiago was silent.

Giorg Montey

By The Emperor's Command
Giorg followed closely, attentive to the conversation at hand, whilst still focusing some attention to the base being constructed in front of them. He needed to follow along to ensure he was as much as apart of what was happening as possible. Although Montey did not necessarily absolutely require a position amongst the new military order arising in the Commenorian government, he could recognize potential without doubt, and the Commenorians had potential. Ever since the overthrow of the Presidential Republic, and the declaration of anew with the Monarchic leader [member="Lady Kay"], the former president, Commenor had been on the rise. Through complete chance did he happen to find the ever recruiting Commenorian military when he, a former general for the planetary defense force of Bakura, before its occupation by the First Order, was indeed in search of a new commission.

Giorg, recognizing his chance to try and impress the Queen, spoke up, "We could speed up construction and cut costs if we used forced labor." A gruesome comment, but one with truth, why pay a guy to build when you could just force him to do it at the end of a stick?

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Stardust Raxis"]

[member="Giorg Montey"] [member="Lady Kay"]

She looked around, she was adorned in her armor and weapons, not to fight but for looks...she followed that code a mandalorian would, however those things were small compared to why she was here, she blinked as she looked at the three beside her, she followed in silence as she departed

She looked around, it was a start that would be great again, she looked over to [member="Giorg Montey"] at his comment...while it was true it had plenty of risk...the people could grow tire and fall or rebel...

there is some risk to that...however it is a good idea...but what if like a mouse at its wheel you use the prize to make them work hard...and faster...then rib it of the prize at the end

Kay-Larr

Both Kay and the General turned to [member="Giorg Montey"] while he spoke of forced labour. It wasn't a bad idea. She was already using forced labour in the mines. Why not spread it up here too? It wasn't as though anyone could escape. "Not a bad idea."

They then looked to [member="Stardust Raxis"] while she cautioned them. It wasn't a pointless remark, but it wasn't something that she didn't think of either. "They'll work for their freedom and to pay off their debts. Those that work hard and stay out of trouble will be released. I do not lie to my people about that."

Kay then stepped towards General Santiago, standing beside him, rather than in front of him. "General, are you aware of the history of this base?"

"I am."

"Good. Then you'll know what's on the other side. Do you think that you can get it fully operational in a few months?"

"Or less. And I'll make it better."

Was there a twinkle in his eye? Kay wasn't sure if she saw it or not, but she figured that he was pleased, maybe even inspired. And that was good.

Giorg Montey

By The Emperor's Command
Giorg was interested in this anonymous machine that the Queen was withholding from them. Bidding his time until she was finished with general Santiago, Giorg perked up,

"What is this, historical machine you talk of, my Queen?"

Giorg was ever eager to learn, that, and he wanted to impress the queen, if he wanted a job, he would need to appease her.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Stardust Raxis"]

[member="Giorg Montey"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Stardust nodded as she looked away forward again as she gave a gentle smile

and that is why you are the best queen for commenor queen kay

She said, she lsitnwd as she perked up, some secret machine on the other side? One that apparently had the other mans attention quite well...enough that stardust was indeed curious about it as she nodded

my question is the same as his, I'm quite curious of it

Kay-Larr

General Santiago just smirked before taking his leave. He had a big task to perform and he was going to get it done. It was his project and his alone. Perhaps this whole moon would be his own command centre. Or perhaps Belor would be. All in good time.

Kay had to smirk as well. Both [member="Giorg Montey"] and [member="Stardust Raxis"] had assumed that she was speaking of some ancient machine. How cute. In a small way, they were correct. But in other ways, they are not.

"Back in the days of the Empire, this used to house a Rebel Stsrfighter training facility and base. To deter the Empire from destroying it in an attack, they forged a decoy, a false base that gave off all of their signals so that when the Empire's forces came, they had attacked the wrong location. A simple, yet genius strategy that I plan to use in more ways than one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom