Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Following up. (Delila Castillon)

@[member="Delila Castillon"]

Monty was wandering around Coruscant's crowded market with a strange feeling he'd yet to encounter in his seventeen years. Emptiness. All the money. All the power. It seemed meaningless. What'd be done with his life besides murder and steal to further his own motives? When had he helped anyone besides out of some teenage whim, because it would amuse him.

Why the sudden change in heart? Was it the dream where his father had haunted him and explained the error of his ways and apologized for leaving him and his mother. Was he growing up? Was he seeing how civilization flourished without people such as himself in certain places.

But what was he to do? His associates had said he'd gotten soft but he felt something else. Something odd. Something his father had mentioned in the dream would happen in time. A call. A mental pull to service.

Monty sighed and pulled out his holocommunicator, typing in the number his aunt had given him with slow deliberate motions.

Delila was out on the range, testing some of their new tech. It was always a challenge to see if a weapon was worth ordering, or even worth keeping in production. She felt her comm buzzing in her pocket, unable to hear over the noise of the firing she was doing. Setting down the blaster, she looked down at the number. Unfamiliar but that didn't mean anything. Dells always had a steady stream of business calls on her personal comm.

"Major Castillon...."

"Hello aunt, it's Monty, this is probably going to sound really weird coming from me but I'd like to enlist." Monty replied with a bit of trepidation. He was unsure of how his aunt would respond to such a off the wall request.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

Delila wasn't sure if she could believe her ears. They still were recovering from all the blaster fire she had just been doing. Silence for a moment, wondering what brought this in. The Major leaned against a duracrete support pillar, thinking about this. Was it a trap? Last time they had met Monty had been keen on killing her, or at least trying. Still, Monty felt in a way her responsibility, family ties and all.

"I see...I thought you had your 'Import/Export' business going on?"

@Delila Castillon

"I did. I gave it all up though, except for the hotel for my mother." Monty said as he scratched his head. Still wandering the market and praying Delila would help him.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

After Omni's events on the galaxy, Delila was in need to soldiers. She wasn't exactly turning anyone down at the moment, despite the shady circumstances. Maybe Monty finally realized he needed some discipline in his life, a few years in the military did wonders for civilian life. Pushing off the pillar, Delila started out of the basement firing range and headed up stairs in the training facility.

"I see. Well meet me at the diner in CoCo Town. You know that old one? We can grab something to eat and discuss your entry into the Republic"

Delila wanted to know more and it had been a few weeks since she got any unhealthy food into her system. Besides, sometimes a chat and food did more wonders than an interrogation.

Delila had already made it to the diner by the time Monty had arrived. Her legs stretched out before in a booth, looking out the window, enjoying a bit of a break. This run down, old greasy diner was one of her favorite places to eat. It was extremely unhealthy but they offered a military discount and large portions. Dells could pack away the food when she wanted to. She dug into her fatigue jacket, checking her personal comm before placing it back in an inner pocket.

She spotted Monty and motioned him closer.

"Glad you made it. Have a seat and order something, I've got the tab so go crazy." Delila paused and took a sip of her water. "So you want to join up? For how long? What are your intentions?"

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

@Delila Castillon

Monty sat and quietly ordered a stimcaf, Delila's upbeat attitude offset by his own stoic mood. He leaned forward and looked at the ground as he spoke.

"My intention's? I've done a lot of wrong in this galaxy. Hurt a lot of people. Killed a lot of people. Ripped off a lot of people." He paused. "I'm tired of it. My father came to me in a dream. Showed me what I needed to do. And here Iam. I want to help." He finished with pleading eyes, full of the sincerity of his intentions.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

A serv-o droid placed a plate of nerf steak, eggs, toast and fruit in front of her. Time to dig in and forget about calorie content. "Thanks" she said, cutting into the nerf steak as she listened to Monty. He seemed to be honestly talking to her this time, instead of pulling some smooth talking used speeder tricks as he did back at the funeral.

"You do realize you're going to have to kill people? Sometimes often in a gray area morally?"

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

Delila listened as she poured hot sauce on the steak and eggs before continuing to eat. She was thinking over his answer honestly. Recruits decided all the time they couldn't kill and the minute they were fired on that thought went out the window. It was natural, survival of the fittest or who had the most brains out the battlefield. She mentally shrugged, there wasn't much harm in letting him into the military. If he acted up then Delila could always personally kick him out herself. Besides, her nephew needed someone to keep an eye on him.

"I don't see any harm in your joining. I can have you shipped out to bootcamp on Anaxes by tomorrow."

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

"Glad you're so enthusiastic. Personally I think you're running away from something. You wouldn't be the first to sign up to get away from your past or a terrible situation though.Happens all the time."

Delila was about half way through with her lunch. Damn this was good. She was not rushing, this was a once in awhile meal. Not by her choice, by her schedule's choice. Tomorrow it would be back to the mess hall and while the food wasn't the worst she had, it still wasn't greasy diner food. She supposed she could take Monty back with her and fill out the paperwork and send him off.

"Want to go back with me and get sent off or do you need a few hours?"

"I'm ready to go ASAP." Monty said as he finished another stimcaf.

He almost wished the terrible situation bit was true. Instead he was filthy rich, richer than he would ever need to be. He'd give all the creds away soon though, live off of his new salary for a new life.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

"Excellent"

Delila finished up and put a twenty cred-chip on the table. It was more than enough to cover the meal,stimcaf and tip. She said her goodbyes to the droid waitress and one of the cooks, walking out with Monty. The base was close and she needed to walk off lunch. As they walked, Delila kept glancing over to the kid. He was still hiding something but that was his choice to talk or not.

Coming back on base, she signed Monty in as her visitor and took him to her small office a few floors up in the main building the Army used for all its official business. A few holos lined the wall, mixed in with certificates and other important documents. One of the holos contained Monty's own father, Davin.

"Take a seat. Last chance to bail as well by the way" Delila sat down behind her desk, only half-joking about the situation.

@Delila Castillon

Monty followed his aunt into the well furnished room and took a seat in a very comfortable looking chair. She mentioned this being the last chance to ditch.

Monty didn't plan on doing that and the holo of his father only solidified his resolve.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

"Alright then, here we go."

Delila took down all the important information that every single person was asked in joining up. It had been awhile since she had done this, reminded her of the days as a Lieutenant with Eclipse Team when she did all of her recruiting personally. Finishing nearly an hour later, Delila stood up and shook Monty's hand.

"Have a good eight weeks."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom