Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FO-L.I.P.S.T.I.C.K Mk I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isobel Nakano

I
hb8upzs.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A cheeky spy gadget for the First Order Security Bureau
  • Image Source: x - Leandros Priego on Artstation, edited by me in header image
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Black Lotus
  • Affiliation: The First Order Security Bureau, Closed-Market
  • Model: FO-L.I.P.S.T.I.C.K (First Order - Limited Ion Portable Shock Taser Inherently Concealed Kit
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Wax, oil, pigment, plastic, metal, single-use battery, taser components, spring
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Taser
  • Size: Very Small
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Ammunition Type: Single use battery charge
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Small - Single Use
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: None
  • Stopping Power: Average
  • Recoil: None.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Functional cosmetic product
  • Variety of rich, fashionable colors
  • Indelible color won't smudge, wear, or kiss off
STRENGTHS
  • Concealable weapon designed to avoid basic security scans and appear innocuous
  • Indistinguishable from Black Lotus' standard cosmetic line, other than color names and a 'Private Collection' marking.
WEAKNESSES
  • Single-use: using the taser destroys the unit for both a weapon and a cosmetic use
DESCRIPTION
For the girl on the go, Black Lotus introduces a stunning new line in its Private Collection: shocking new colors that will knock 'em dead!

Designed and constructed by Black Lotus for the First Order Security Bureau as an eminently concealable weapon, designed to draw no suspicion. A commonplace item that wouldn't look out-of-place anywhere, but with a deadly secret. The FO-L.I.P.S.T.I.C.K. is a functional lipstick which, at a moment's notice, becomes a taser device. The mechanism works when the lid is removed and the applicator is turned counter-clockwise below the lowest application level. Continuing to turn it thus primes the charge and coils the spring inside the cylindrical tubing which, when a small lever is touched, launches the entire works from the tube. The pigmented part of the lipstick splits in two, making way for the two small taser barbs, connected to extremely fine conducting wires, to move out towards the target.

The charge in the device, if properly connected with the barbs and on an average-sized human or near-human, can inflict neuromuscular incapacitation. In other words, it interferes with muscles' ability to receive control signals from the brain, and thus the target can experience a loss of control of their muscles, not just in the immediate vicinity of the taser barbs where the sensation would be the strongest, but across the body. This can cause victims of the device to experience significant pain, involuntary falls, injuries, and cardiac arrest. The device is not meant to be lethal, however, under certain circumstances and depending on the health of the target, people have died after being shocked by similar devices.

The effective range is about average for a non-civilian taser, approximately 30 feet or 10 meters. Due to the nature of the device, the challenge is more accuracy than range, as it depends on the user to hold it reasonable steady and to aim it fairly accurately, while offering no apparatus to maintain a firm and steady grip (for instance, like a normal, pull trigger taser with a firearm-like grip and trigger). Also, it can be somewhat unwieldy to use without practice, as one must aim it while either performing the steps to prime and fire it, or have it primed and ready to fire before aiming. It is not a natural way to hold a lipstick applicator.

The lipstick is available in a variety of shades, including but not limited to Mouth Carnevale (a bold pink), That is Dalia (a mature dark red), Eldritch Blast (a vivid crimson), Like Spike (a brilliant fuscia), and Prudence (a shiny black).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom