Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fishing for answers (Jade Fox)

Cerea

[member="Jade Fox"]

The Grandmaster was yet again on an illustrious journey. A journey of grave import to the monastery, a journey of meaningful and potent times. For, the blind oracle had promised to return with a grand treasure for the children in his care, and he would abide that promise. His oath was his bond. His honor, to be kept. His covenant...un-broken. Vorhi calmly contemplated the river before him. His obstacle was hardly grand.

"Hmmm," he said with a childish smirk. "It may be harder to catch a good fish than I thought....I should've promised to make a fruit a salad instead..." he mused out loud. "Oh, well, I gave my word." He adjusted his straw hat with a smile and set down the large basket. "Cerean salmon it is. They kept up their work, and now I've got to return the favor. A great salmon form a great river. "

It was a nice day, a sunny day. And someone else was likely to come down the trail. Still, he would get his fish. And maybe some entertainment. He cracked his neck loudly, undoing the sash that held together his robe. He stood a simple pair of slacks, leaving his hat on. He folded his robe rather simply and focused his mind's eye on the river. Hmm, interesting. "That could work..." he mused as he began tying a few small ropes form the large basket together.

Mark IV architect droid professor
Cerea

Her forehead was moist, and drops of sweat fell every now and then from her forehead. With every step her internal voice kept repeating itself over and over....

"A warrior knows that we do not have teachers, but guides...." she took a deep breath, "The people we meet who are able to give us something internal....something extra....cause us to become our own greatest teachers..."

She focused in on her black combat boots, smashing through the soft earth with every heavy step she took. "By simply being...a guide helps us to realize that it is we, ourselves, can unlock everything hidden inside." it was something she was coming to understand during her journey. Where she came from, martial arts and fighting was used merely as a tool. While on her journey to master different styles she slowly began to realize the philosophy behind it all. What she tried to hide from herself was the fact that she was in denial for understanding...she thought of herself changing, but maybe this is what she needed to get over that edge she had been trying to since being under Vo.

She kept walking through the lush, tropical flora of Cerea. She had been hearing of a secret monastery located here that trained others in a specific martial art. She failed to debunk the myth before traveling here, so today would be the day she figured it all out. She wore a grey tank that had a dark spot around her neck area where the sweat soaked up. This followed by simply fitted black pants and combat boots that helped her transverse the climate. Her hair was tied up into a bun with strands, moist, flailing about in her face. On her back she carried a backpack that held other valuables.

She walked up this tiny dirt path that led her beside a river, she wanted to stop, but she was essentially trying to build on her obedience...knowing that a warrior had to learn discipline before anything else. Up ahead however she saw a figure, and his signature straw hat.

[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

[member="Jade Fox"]

The troublesome fisherman smirked as a new person enter his 'sight.' A blind master of the Force learned to see by spirit and mind. And he could read even the hidden part of a person's soul, with enough study. This one was trying to be subtle, however. He kept is hat in concealing position over his blindfold. He could sense much within her. Conflict, curiosity, strength, and most of all, the sort of stubborn discipline of a trained warrior.

No. There was something else. Something hidden, something yet to be refined. Hmmm. This would be entertaining. He didn't turn, still looking towards the river. He waved her over. "Hello," he said with a smirk. "Are you lost? You don't appear to be a local...." He began, musing out loud. He'd see how this one played out. After all, she was ambitious...but did she have true inner strength? Hmmm....

Mark IV architect droid professor
Her initial reaction was to continue on past him, but he stood out. It was as if she knew he would be saying something eventually. She stopped in her tracks and turned her head towards him, strands of hair latching on to the sides of her face due to the slight moisture. Initially she wasn't interested...but she figured he wouldn't allow her to past without saying anything so she took a couple of steps towards him.

He could tell that she wasn't local? She let out a sigh of relief that she stopped walking and could rest for the moment.

"I'm looking for a sanctuary thats said to be located in these parts. Its inhabitants teach a type of martial art. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?"

Her expression was blank and non-chalant. She cared little for this man and his small talk.

[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

[member="Jade Fox"]

This stripling really acted like she owned the place. Her indifference was less than subtle. He wondered how she would act if she knew she stood before the grandmaster of that monastery, a master of more martial knowledge than many would ever see. He smiled, twirling the length of rope. "Yes, the place you are looking for is called Kivi Apua. I'm going there myself, after I'm done catching these fish," he said with a chuckle.

"Tell me, then," the old blind man said with a friendly smirk beneath his hat. "why would you come seeking a a Palawan Monastery? It's not a common tourist site, by any means," he said wading into the river, setting the basket on a rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom