Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time species creation

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
I'm making a species for the first time and I have a couple questions about it. I am very confused about the races section of it. My species is going to have two very different types of people in it. One is a humanoid creature and the other one is basically a giant Cobra with arms. Would I be able to put both in the same submission, or do I have to make two others?

With such a difference, I would make two subs

Races are just as it is described. Humans have race, your skin pigmentation can be a very dark color or a much lighter color, which usually indicates where your ancestors originated. Dogs have MANY races that have many different variables that distinguish themselves from each other, ranging from fur type, size, colors of coat or eyes, what they are good at, whether or not they are barkless, etc., etc..

BUT they are anatomically similar, so four legs, a tail, one head with two eyes a nose a mouth and ears. Things like that.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
@[member="Darth Voracitos"] do you still use your old skype account? If so, we could probably talk on there.

EDIT: I completely forgot that I misplaced my kindle. I'll pm you for now.

Technically, a species doesn't have to be morphologically similar. A species is defined simply as two members capable of producing fertile offspring. So, a horse and mule are different species because they produce sterile offspring (donkey), but two breeds of dog are still the same species because they can produce viable offspring (a mutt or other mixed breed).

So, while your species may have two dimorphic forms, such as sexual dimorphism, and many RL creatures reflect this case such as stag beetles, if they are part of the same species, you should make one submission.

[member="Cain Laatl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom