Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Steps (Open)

Ohm

Organic. Hunter. Mechanic
Ohm tapped the final docking sequence into the command console, then rose from the pilot seat. His ship, the Quixotic Nerf, would be able to perform the rest of the landing without his direct input provided nothing unexpected interrupted it. He walked out of the cockpit and back to his cabin, pondering what he might find on this planet. He had never been to a planet before and he was eager to experience one first hand. Entering his room, he donned a worn coat of faded blues and examined himself in the mirror. Would people be able to tell what he was? After scouring the holonet he had discovered himself in somewhat of a grey area. Not human, not droid. After a great deal of thought, Ohm decided that being perceived as human would give him more options. So he double checked that his bio synthetic skin was functioning properly and, feeling the ship settle onto the dock, headed outside.
Ohm couldn’t help but stare in wonder at the spaceport. The vast array of new sights and sounds flooded his mind. He smiled. It was more than any data file could have prepared him for. A small man who looked to be in his late thirties began approaching, his suit identified him as a low level administrator in the employ of the spaceport and Ohm knew that this man was likely here to record information of his arrival or do a cursory inspection.
“Nice ship”
said the man as he eyed the Nerf, a corner of his mouth raised in a smirk.
“Thank you”
Ohm replied, genuinely pleased at the perceived compliment. Extending his hand in the formal greeting gesture he had observed, and said,
“My name is Ohm, its a pleasure to meet you.”
The man raised an eyebrow at the hand, but extended his own to return the gesture. Ohm clasped the man’s hand and squeezed, forgetting that he was only playing at being human. Bones snapped beneath Ohm’s fingers, crushed like twigs. The man staggered back, mouth parting in a scream of pain. People all across the docks stopped and stared.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Warden, Traveler, Hopeless Romantic
@[member="Ohm"]
Luck had had it, Sammo was there, just walking around, more or less, looking for something to do, and then
Ca-rack! And a bloodcurling scream as many heads turned into Ohm's direction
People would probably gather, either that or move in a fast pace as to not be the droid's next victim.
And Sammo rushed over there, pushing aside to see what was happening, looking at the broken hand and then the culprit, a lone man with no weapons, not even a ruffle on his clothes, Sammo proclaimed
"Holy podoo, did he owed you credits or something? What would you do that for?"
Moving closer to the man, he took the broken hand in his hands
"Calm down, man, this will hurt badly."
The man looked up at Sammo terriffied
"Wh-what?"
Before Sammo could explain another crack was heard as the man's hand was set back, bones being moved into right places, he then offered a bacta capsule to the barely conscious man
"You're welcome!"
Sammo proclaimed satisfied with his work as he turned to Ohm

"What was up wi-"
THUD the man finally lost consciousness and fell over, slumped by the wall, Sammo glanced to him and back to Ohm
"So what was up with that?"
The middle aged man quirked an eyebrow and folded his hands at his waist as he looked at Ohm.

Ohm

@[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"]

Ohm blinked, confused at how the "Hand shake" had gone. Did people usually pass out after one of them? He thought he had felt the man's fingers break, but he had applied only a fraction of his strength to the grip. If people's hands were that fragile, they wouldn't use something that breaks them as a greeting ritual.
"Is that what usually happens?"
Ohm asked, turning a questioning look towards Sammo.
"I had read that Hand shakes are a form of greeting, but if one party is rendered unconscious afterwards it seems rather counter productive. Perhaps I did something wrong?"
Ohm extended a hand toward Sammo, and said.
"Hello, my name is Ohm, its a pleasure to meet you."
Caught up in his first interaction with another being, Ohm didn't notice small group of port security guards heading his direction.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Ohm"]
Sammo smirked as he looked the being over, extending his hand back for the shake, Ohm would find it difficult to break Sammo's hand as opposed to the previous organic's hand
"Something tell me you are not used to being a human."
The smirked turned into a small smile
"Let me guess, you're either a shapeshifter alien or a human replica droid."

Fortunately, Sammo had more experience with those situations, and he was able to pick up the patter of feet as security guards began to near them
"There are security squads incoming, I propose we disappear while we can, before they decide it is necessary to put us in electrocuffs."

Ohm

Ohm lowers his hand, smiling sardonically and glancing at the incoming security.
"You are right on all counts I'm afraid."
Ohm found an exit labeled "Market District". People, noise and hopefully lots of confusing side streets. Perfect. He nodded towards the exit.
"Running would seem to be our best option."
Ohm didn't like abandoning his ship, but being arrested within the first 10 minutes of landing would be even worse. He would just have to find a way to come back for it. With that in mind, Ohm began casually walking towards the exit, ready to run the moment the guards caught on.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Ohm"]
Sammo smiled to Ohm as they went towards the exit
"I do have a ship nearby, if you were interested in taking shelter for time's being."
He glanced around to check, just to be sure, that the guards were not still pursuing them
"So, who manufactured you?"
He smirked to Ohm, glancing back
"It's rather painfully obvious, your nature, you know."

Ohm

Ohm nodded an said.
"A ship sounds like far better a plan than what I had in mind. Please, lead on."
And gestured the other man forward with a smile, happy to have a better option than hiding in the streets.
"And although embarrassed at how quickly I was found out,"
Ohm continued.
"I do not find it surprising. You see this is my first time interacting with another sentient being. I have been alive for exactly 1 month, 2 days and 7 hours by galactic standard calendar. I do intend to get better, but practice is something I am in desperate need of. As for my creator..."
Ohm's face sinks into a grimace, his hands clenching into firsts. His next words emerge strained and rough by emotion.
"I killed him. By accident. From what I could gather he activated my self defense protocols before my IFF module came online. Apparently my boot sequence leaves something to be desired."

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Ohm"]
Sammo nodded, leading Ohm further into hangars. In especially crappy section of a space they came into a dock section for the larger ships, and what Ohm saw was.. rather crappy looking ship.
It could be described as being closer to a ghost ship than anything, it looked battered and like it was going to fall apart at any second.
"This is my vessel, the Young in Spirit."
He chuckled as they came before it, Young in Spirit was a Munificent-class frigate (more info in character sheet under SHIP section) a relic recovered and repaired to keep flying.
Sammo turned slightly to Ohm
"Well come on, it's not as bad as it looks. What's your name, by the way?"
He asked, finally, as he led Ohm towards the large landing ramp of the frigate

Ohm

Ohm had thought that HIS ship had been in rough shape. Well a ship was a ship, and the man seemed confident enough in his vessel. Ohm continued studying the vessel, his programming as a mechanic giving him a fascination with this ancient ship. He would have to find a moment to examine it in more detail. Tearing his eyes away from the odd spacecraft, he replied.
"My designation is Organic Hunter mechanic Unit; Model 215 1st series. I was designed to serve as a bodyguard and assistant in advanced mechanics labs. I go by the name Ohm."
Ohm followed the smiling man towards the ship's landing ramp.
"And what is your name?"

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Ohm"]
"They call me Sammo."
He said to Ohm, introducing himself as they stepped aboard the ship
"Sammo, Hache-Khe of Rae."
He added with a smirk and a glance

Aboard the ship did not looked too bad, the interior was well kept and looked relatively new, reconstructions that have been done after the ship's repairs. Here and there they would pass another organic, or a pair of them, or one of the B1 droid crew that still looked after the ship, sweeping corridors and taking care of its maintenance.

"I found this ship nearby Raxus Prime, you know."
Sammo commented as he was giving Ohm a small tour, the ship was relatively small on the inside, smaller than it appeared
"It was used by pirates, a ghost ship called the Flying Munn, I captured it once their droid crew revolted due to corruption in the droid brain controlling the crew."
He smirked as he patted the wall of the corridor
"A ghost ship with a droid skeleton crew."

They would enter what should be the Cargo Hall, however, on the inside was a large collection of containers and cubicles fashioned into small rooms, that must have been where all the organics were going from and towards.

"I changed it into a hostel and mobile broadcasting station."

Ohm

"Its a pleasure to meet you Sammo, Hache-khe of Rae"
Ohm replied, returning the smile.

Upon hearing that Sammo had sized this ship from pirates, Ohm's assessment protocols instinctively analysed this data, increasing Sammo's threat level from "Unknown" to "Potential Threat". Ohm gritted his teeth and ignored it, quashing the urge to find a weapon with an effort of will.
That's something I'll need to fix as soon as I can
Ohm thought to himself. It wouldn't due to attack an innocent bystander, let alone a potential friend. Then Ohm entered the cargo hold. So many people moving, talking, living aboard this ship.
"A hostel... These people pay you to live aboard your ship and travel with you? And what are you broadcasting?"
Dozen's of questions balanced on the edge of Ohm's lips, but he held himself back, giving the man time to answer.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Ohm"]
"Pleasure's all mine."
He responded to Ohm with a smirk
"And yes, I give them a ride from port to port, some just enjoy the atmosphere, it pays for the journeys I conduct."
He motioned for Ohm to continue with the tour, going back from the cargo/hostel to one of the two turbolifts that would take them up to the bridge
"And I broadcast a lot of things, songs, news, a lot of them about traffic and any blockades or raids on the hyperlanes, most spacers appreciate a heads up."

Ohm

Ohm stepped into the turbolift after Sammo.
"What is it that you do exactly? Wander the galaxy helping random droids? Speaking of which, I haven't properly thanked you. Is there anything you need that I could assist you with? I'm afraid I don't have money, but I am a skilled engineer and fighter."

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Ohm"]
He looked to Ohm as the turbolift took them up
"More or less, it is not a goal that I seek in my journeys but adventure, Ohm, if you really do want to feel alive, you can achieve that through adventure!"
The man grinned, sparks alighting his eyes with passion
"The great unknown, venture forth and see the worlds, help those who need it, embrace the moment and let it take you, you will end up in wonderful places, and meet marvelous people, just like how I met you today."
He then looked ahead again as the lift finally arrived at the bridge level
The door opened to reveal the small bridge, run by a small droid crew. It had all the necessary equipment, viewing port, communications console on one end, navigation on the other, consoles monitoring engines, shielding and hull, and weaponry in between. The B1 droids saluted when Sammo stepped onto the bridge with Ohm
"There is nothing I can ask you for, Ohm, my ship runs much smoother than it appears, I know my way around the weaponry, but there is something you can do for others."
Sammo smiled to Ohm as he looked to him once more
"You can go out and do what I do, embrace adventure and see how you can make the Galaxy a better place, it will lead you to your true goal."
He walked over to his captain chair, sitting down
"Have you heard of Abregado-Rae and its current government?"

Ohm

Adventure? Ohm thought to himself as Sammo left the turbolift. What would a life seeking adventure for its own sake be like? He had only just begun to see the world but already Ohm craved more of it. Sammo's words of making the Galaxy a better place, of finding a true purpose appealed to Ohm. He wasn't a mindless robot, he had free will, but his coding made him crave a purpose. He needed something to strive towards, perhaps this was it.
Still thinking, Ohm followed Sammo into the bridge, stopping beside the captain's chair.
"I know the planet resides within the core worlds, I'm afraid I know nothing of its government. Why do you ask?"

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Ohm"]
Sammo sat back in his chair, looking out of the viewing port, the dock and shielding of the starport were visible, stars dotting the darkness somewhere in the distance.
"Abregado is currently in the territory of Omega Protectorate, a beneficial dictatorship more or less. The officials of the Protectorate who govern planets are called 'The Observers' Abregado is special in this regard."
Sammo glanced towards Ohm with a smirk
"The Observer of Abregado-Rae is the First Baron of the Protectorate, known as the Iron Knight, commander of Iron Company, he has been given Abregado to manage and make as his lair after his campaigns with the Protectorate, proved himself enough to receive the title of the Baron first in all of the Protectorate."
He looked back towards the viewingport
"What makes this even more special and interesting to you, he is openly a droid. A core world planet governed by a droid."
He looked back to Ohm
"And they're doing quite fine, once he took over crime started to lower, but he leaves smugglers and spacers alone, Abregado started to gain profits from the projects he brought, and he build up its defenses. One of his projects is a grand Military Academy of Abregado-Rae, that is one of the reasons I am telling you about it."
He motioned to the viewingport, standing up and strolling over towards it.
"The Galaxy can be a very dangerous place, Ohm, I do not doubt you are a great fighter right now, but the Iron Knight was enough of a fighter to be distinguished above his organic counterparts and have a planet given to him for protection."
He kept looking through it as he kept on speaking
"I would recommend you stop by Abregado and see if you could study combat under him, it will prepare you for the life of adventures as it prepared me."

Ohm

This was interesting information indeed. Sammo was suggesting that Ohm could someday be openly a droid, yet treated equally, even respected. If one droid could do it, why not him? Ohm began watching the stars, his information banks told him they were simply large chemical reactions happening many light years away, but his imagination was taking hold, seeing the array of possibilities they were laid out before him, if only he would reach out and size them.
"Winning respect and position though battle..."
Ohm mused aloud, his combat protocols practically singing at the prospect.
"But if this Iron Knight is as important a person as you say."
Ohm continued.
"Then why would he see, let alone train, a strange droid who has no money, no status, and nothing to barter?"

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Ohm"]
Sammo smirked at the question, turning back to Ohm from the viewport
"How do you think he started?"
He strolled closer to Ohm
"If Omega reports are correct, he was a quirky barely functioning droid when he entered Omega recruitment office."
He reached to pat Ohm's shoulder
"Beings like him and you can change the Galaxy, all they need is initiative and ambitions. I'm not saying it will be easy, but it is possible, you are welcome to stay with your ship aboard the Spirit, we will be swinging by Abregado soon enough, of course, you could just go straight there."

Ohm

Ohm smiled, realizing how lucky he had been that this man had happened to be walking by when he did. The Galaxy was large, but it had done Ohm a kindness this day.
"I would be more than happy to accept your offer of transport Sammo. I'll take your advice and seek out this Iron Knight. Perhaps someday I'll be able to return the kindness you have shown me, or at the very least pay it forward."
Ohm turned and began heading back towards the turbolifts. Looking over his shoulder, he grinned and said.
"Thanks again my friend. I'll be back with my ship"

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Ohm"]
Sammo smiled back to Ohm
"Alright, park in hangar 2, we still have some space there."
He then sat back in his chair, another being to travel the Galaxy and spread joy of adventure, whoo-hoo!
He just hoped that Ohm will meet a better end than the Iron Knight. The Knight was stuck with a desk job, how dreadful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom