Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Order; Second Chance

Star+Trek+Into+Darkness+Oz+trailer+city.jpg

Avalonia
Dosuun, Wild Space

Avalonia city was still as expansive, imposing and impressive as ever.

Only his second visit to the First Order controlled world of Dosuun and the mighty city, Connor Harrison pulled his crimson cloak in a little closer around his charcoal grey tunic. He wasn't here to hide anymore - he was here to face his future.

Flexing his hand after he stepped off the taxi from the spaceport where he had docked, he stood and looked up as a speeder flew by, directing his gace to skyscrapers and buildings of various shapes and sizes. The city was alive, and the First Order had made the heart beat once again through firm law and order.

The last time he was here, he was incognito, and he had met Doctor [member="Irajah Ven"] for the first time. He looked down at his hand that she had fixed for him, and a sombre feeling swept over him. It hurt because he knew he would probably never see her again. It wasn't hard to know her faith in him had been broken, and the one person he started to appreciate the company of had more than likely forgotten him. Ha! Him. Connor. The misguided, broken former Jedi who was trapped in a rut.

He sighed and tried not to think on his mistakes, and looked back up to the city and through a large plaza that seemed to take him towards a capital building, he couldn't be sure. The medical centre was just off to his left. White armoured Stormtroopers were everywhere, smartly dressed First Order officials and many more citizens going about their business.

Connor would look...interesting, but he had a very low Force aura and no lightsaber, so he didn't stick out as some dangerous Jedi Master. Not anymore.

So, he walked through the city. This was his chance. His second chance not to mess it up again.

There was so much to consider. The Sith Sorceress [member="Matsu Xiangu"] was helping him become someone mighty, but after that, he would need a motive and a place. Where? With Sith Lords who didn't trust or respect him? With the First Order as a leader of men? The growing Imperial Remnant? There were so many options, but so many things holding him back.

Here, he was going to see what the First Order really could offer and if he could see a future serving them as a Dark Lord of the Sith.

His mouth curled in a small smile at the sound of that - Connor Harrison; Dark Lord of the Sith.

[member="Ara Ren"]

"You and I; we share the same disease
Cover up; compromise what we grieve
I've let more than my share of revivals die
This isn't pretty but it's what I am tonight"

Avalonia reminded the Disciple of Coruscant in a lot of ways. The towering buildings dwarfed their surroundings casting shadows and light arrays on the cement and passerby's below. Unlike her home world, this city was clean and comparatively quiet, the sounds of regiment steps echoing from the patrolling stormtroopers broken by the staccato of citizens moving quickly through the plaza leading away from the capitol complex. Her own steps added to the rhythm of the city as she left the building and it's gardens behind.

As she paused at one of the fountains doting the gardens, the two troopers who had accompanied her stepped forward, silent sentinels accompanying the young knight on her first solo mission. Motioning them to keep their distance, glanced around, taking the moment to breathe in the clean air of the city and get her bearings.

Ara's mission was a simple one, find and deliver a map from one Chiss smuggler, Hrark'pash'lira, and return it to Captain Osun in Avalonia. A smile tugged at her lips as she remembered the force needed to procure the document. It was safe to say that the map was now in the hands of the First Order, and Hrark was no longer among the living.

Despite the multiple legs of space travel she'd had to endure, Ara found satisfaction in the completion of the mission and the chance to spend a few days on Dosuun was an added benefit.

A quick glance in the fountains waters turned her smiled into an annoyed frown. As much as she would prefer to be adorned in her usual black and red attire, blending in was imperative in the capital city. And so she was dressed plainly in grey pants, boots, and jacket, a simple white shirt revealed through the unbuttoned front. She'd pulled her hair back into a long ponytail, but pulled it free now that she was away from the officers and watchful eyes of the bureaucracy. She tugged off the jacket as well, raising an eyebrow at the pilot's patch sewn onto the left chest. Someone had thought it a good joke to add the markings, possibly Kaalia, the closest person to a friend the young woman had in the Ren.

AD-1891 stepped forward and took the proffered garment. "Leave it on Kaalia's doorstep please, with the idiot card in the pocket." The girls had taken to playing sabacc in their spare time and the message would be clear, Ara would pay her back for the joke next time they played.

Satisfied that she would no longer be mistaken for a pilot, or any of a ship's crew, she continued her path away from the complex, intent on finding some afternoon's recreation in the Garden District. Perhaps she'd take in a play, or have a drink and test her card skills. Her companions fell in step a respectable distance away, keeping alert as always.

It had been too long since the disciple had practiced her force abilities, the simplest one being the most beneficial. Grasping the force energies around her, she sent them out, sensing the force signatures of those around her for a small distance. The simple act of acknowledging and identifying the presences around her would help strengthen her abilities in the field, and such a large, active city, was the perfect location to practice the skill. The troopers and citizens around her were but small auras in her mind, pulsing with small amounts of the force, but uninteresting nonetheless.

On the outskirts of her awareness was another, slightly stronger force aura that gave her pause. It was not strong enough to set her on alert, but she promptly changed her course and headed for the red cloak in the distance. Having never seen him around Val'hala, she doubted he was a disciple as she was. Whoever he was, she was intrigued. Motioning for the troopers to stand down and away, she released her grip on the force as she approached, smiling softly and nodding in greeting.

"You can't go anywhere without these walking armories following you." She laughed softly, downplaying their presences and hoping he assumed they were regular patrolling units who had taken too much interest in a girl wandering around the capitol building. "Are you a regular around here?" Her voice dropped into the slight purr that was pure habit whenever she interacted with a gentleman. Years of habit could hardly be overcome in a few weeks, and she honestly hadn't been trying.

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor’s eyes followed a speeder coming up from behind and passed around him, the engine alerting him and he causally kept walking as he watched the silver and red vehicle pass by. He followed it through the plaza, but his eye was caught by a unit walking towards him, and one person looking at him.

Two First Order troopers and a woman.

Slowing down to look anywhere but at the unit, Connor glanced up at the building, as if looking for something, and when he looked back down the two troopers had broken away, but the girl was nearly on him.

He started to panic a little, having no weapon and no powerful Force connection, it would be – well, how about that. A rather polite and innocent greeting from the girl. Nice smile too.

Connor feigned ignorance, looking around a little as if she was talking to someone behind him, but really he wanted to look for more troopers closing in with their blasters high. Nothing. Just those he had passed going about their business.

"Oh, me? No, no I’m here, ah, looking for, well…work!”

He grinned, a sheepish little shrug crossing his face, but trying to work this girl out. She had an aura; she had a connection, he felt it, but he couldn’t read it. It had been weeks since losing the Force control, but it still was difficult to get used to, being nearly sensory blind.

"Do they,” he nodded up to the troopers, "make a habit of tailing pretty girls around the place? Rather intimidating isn’t it?”

Something was off about this. Or maybe there wasn’t. The Jedi-sense in his head always made him look out for trouble and danger, but he was here to side with the ones the Jedi hated. He was here as a potential ally.

[member="Ara Ren"]

Ara tilted her head, her soft smile never changing, even as she sensed....something rolling off of him at her approach. She wasn't adept enough at reading force auras to know what emotion he was channeling, just that it was there. Frustration that such a simple ability was still beyond her grasp, she mentally filled it away as the next lesson to request of her master. Now that she could identify the strength of an aura, she needed to be able to read the intent.

Dropping her shoulders into a relaxed slouch, she shook her head, at the question. [color-gold]"They follow anyone it seems, especially if you wander too close to the complex."[/color] Tossing her head in the direction of the buildings not far behind them, she tucked her hands in her pockets.

"They're only intimidating if you plan on disrupting the peace or finding trouble for yourself. Which I'd advise against in Avalonia." Her expression remained pleasant, but a steely glint reflected in her eyes. "The Order considers safety and security a priority that I wouldn't recommend testing."

It was one of the reasons she worked for the order, fought for them. Coruscant's Undercity was almost as lawless as one could get, barring a trip to Nar Shadaa, and even then, the Hutt's took care of their own. Growing up in a world where everyone looked out for themselves and themselves along, she valued a society that prioritized the safety of all of it's citizens, not just the rich ones. If that took a little martial law and fear to achieve, it was worth it.

Her original, charming smile, returned quickly and in full force as Ara realized she'd grown a little too serious. He scanned his surroundings as if he expected an attack at any moment, but given his opinion of the troopers patrolling the area, it was to be expected. It would be intimidating to an outsider, and it was a tactic that worked to their advantage in cowing potential opposition.

"Work, hmmm?" Another cursory glance had her bettering he was more of the soldiering kind. The scars under his eye meant he'd seen at least one major fight, although it could have been as simple as a bar fight that got carried away. "Political or military?" Given the direction he was headed, it could be either of the two options. Avalonia had the opportunity for budding bureaucrats and soldiers alike.

What the Disciple really wanted to know is why she didn't feel anything from him. No probing, no cursory search with the force. He had more of a connection than the civilians mingling around them, but yet he did not use it. Curious, very curious.

She should probably walk away, contact her master and have him investigate the man further, but her curiosity won out against logic. No doubt she'd be in trouble with Kriel after this, but it might be worth it.

At her nod of the head, Connor looked over her to the large complex, noticing the militaristic design and features. He looked across at another bunch of Stormtroopers, their unique and distinctive armour making a wonderful statement with such little effort.

Her cheery voice caught his attention.

"Er, military, most likely.”

He started a gentle walk, nodding for her to follow across the square in a slow pace, hands behind his back.

"Do you work for the First Order, or know much of them? I get a feeling you probably do.”

Glancing to her, he took in how she dressed. She didn't look political for sure. Military? Maybe a pilot? Or soldier in training? There was nothing evidently obvious about her excpet her aura, which was there. It was gentle, but it was there.

[member="Ara Ren"]

It was what she had expected, military aspirations. Ara took up pace beside him, her hands still settled in her pockets, thumbs running over the rough stitching. His question gave her pause. Since joining, she had not interacted with anyone who was not aware of the existence of the shadowy and secretive Order of Ren, or those who would die soon after.

A simple nod, "Sometimes." A nondescript answer but he wanted information and that was easier to distract him than some elaborate lie about her position within the faction. Besides, she'd hate to have to pretend to be a pilot, the mere thought sent a shiver down her spine. "I know enough, I suppose. And if I don't, I can at least direct you towards someone who can answer your questions."

As their path took them close to two more units of patrolling troopers, she watched from her periphery for his reaction. Maybe his reactions to the troopers before was merely a precautionary response, or something deeper.

Her two companions had melted into the mass of white armored sentinels keeping watch over the city. She had no doubt they would respond immediately should she signal, but for now was content with their discretion. Many took issue with the soldiers of the Order but their unyielding loyalty and silent obedience was a comfort to someone who spent more time surrounded by those who would rather fight amonst themselves rather than work as a unit.

Tilting her face up to focus on the man beside her, she invited him to ask his question. "What do you want to know? Or better, what do you already know? Why seek work here instead of elsewhere?"

Keeping walking, as casual as possible, Connor looked across at the Stormtroopers and offered a muted smile, a simple nod of acknoweldgement. He wasn't sure if the trooper returned it or simply ignored him. From his line of sight, he looked at the girl beside him.

"The Order of Ren operate within the First Order," he said matter-of-factly. "Force users who serve the Order as the Inquisitors served the Empire, but with much greater strength than anything seen before."

Connor had never countered one of these Knights, but he knew they were powerful, and ever growing. They were almost like his old Silver Shadow unit, but they operated in a much more open way. To be fair, he knew little but was eager to know more. He held his arm out and took hers gently, slowing her down to a stand-still.

"Look, if you know where the military arm reside or who I need to speak to about the Order, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to bore you with details, alright?"

With that, he started to walk again to keep attention of him, but watching the girl for her reaction. She didn't seem to give much away. She was good.

"What do I call you?"

[member="Ara Ren"]

Ara continued walking, a slight pause in her step at the matter-of-fact mention of the Ren. Her smile tugged down at the corners slightly, looking slightly more forced. She had let her curiosity get the better of here and now she found herself walking alongside the only person in Avalonia brave enough or stupid enough to mention the Ren in any serious tone.

What was his story? Her eyes flicked to his face as his hand on her arm slowed them both, her ire rising as he attempted to brush her off with excuses of boring her with the details. Of course, he'd be one of those who saw a pretty face and assume she was uninterested in important matters such as military affairs. Her smile faded completely, mouth pressed into a thin line in aggravation, a good dover for the momentary panic that had bloomed in her chest with his first declaration.

As he continued walking, she paused, debating the merits of just turning and leaving him to his own devices. She could give his description and relative location to the knights and let them investigate further. But just how far along would they get without a name?

Making up her mind, she moved quickly, catching up to the man and falling back in step with him. "I can show you to the Capitol Complex's military wing, but they'll laugh you right out of the building with talk like that. The Ren are a myth, an exaggerated story to scare dissidents into line. They have force users who serve in all branches of the military and I'm sure you could find a position with one of them, but do yourself a favor and avoid ghost stories."

She turned abruptly, her steps aimed at the capitol building towering over the plaza. It was no accident that he'd mentioned the knights to her. Regardless of how he acted, he could sense the force in her as she could with him. A superior would have to be contacted immediately.

Ara forced another smile as she glanced back, fighting back the annoyance that had appeared so quickly. "Ara is fine. Yourself? Sorry, that was rude of me not to introduce myself sooner."

Nearly falling over her as she moved around him, Connor was baffled by her energy, but intrigued when she seemed to let on a lot more then he gave her credit for.

So she knew the military wing, and knew about the Ren myth. Myth? Oh - introductions. He stuck his hand out.

"Connor."

Somehow, he'd omit the surname as it seemed to attract too much unwanted attention. At least, for now until he was happy he wasn't going to be shot on sight.

"Ara, care to go somewhere and fill me in on this Ren myth? I thought they were an active unit, but I must be mistaken." He stopped and turned to her. Now it was his turn to smile. "If you're not too busy of course."

[member="Ara Ren"]

Ara had to admit she was a sucker for a ruggedly handsome man smiling at her. She returned his handshake and nodded, an eyebrow quirking up ;when he omitted a surname. She didn't push him on the point though; after all, she hardly offered up one herself.

She shook her head and chuckled, "You're determined, aren't you?" He had a death wish if he wanted to push the topic, but if he wanted to throw hypothetical stories around, that she could humor him with. He didn't have to know that all the stories were true. She was digging herself in a deeper and deeper hole, but she couldn't drag herself back out of it. Excuses swirled in her mind about discovering the rumors that were being spread, the scope of the rumors, etc, reasons the conversation was warranted.

"I'm never too busy to spend some time with a handsome gentleman like yourself." She winked and inspected the vast city around them. Familiar with the general layout of the city and the government buildings thanks to her briefings before the mission, she was woefully uninformed about the details of day to day life.

"Would you be opposed to grabbing something to eat while we talk? I'm famished." It felt like she hadn't eaten in days. In truth it had been a while, she refused to eat before or during travel for fear she'd become sick. Luckily she knew how to work on an empty stomach for longer than she'd like.

Connor shook hands, and tried his very best not to respond to the sweet compliment from the attractive girl. One thing he knew about these situations….it would lead to him being hurt. But then, that was the old Connor…right?

"You’re very kind,” he smiled, "but if you think I’m handsome with this neat little wound,” he pointed to his eye, "then before I’d have been an absolute stunner.”

He chuckled and shook his head at his own silly humour.

"Come. Let’s find somewhere, I’ve not eaten for hours. And for me that’s unheard of.”

Ara began to walk, and he followed beside and made some light conversation about what buildings were what, how much the First Order had expanded and were running the city, general chat. Somewhere inside though he was puzzled to the arrival of the girl. Nobody he had ever met by chance left without an imprint on his life. A few good, most bad.

So what was Ara of the First Order world Dosuun going to play in this game of fate? Hopefully it would be something wonderful to cement his standing with the darkness that was carrying him towards a new future.

"So what do you do for a living?”

He would use this as a test to gauge how much he could read people, deciphering a truth from a lie.

[member="Ara Ren"]

One hand pulled her hair back from her forehead as she laughed, Ara smiled up at the buildings around them. "A mark like that always makes the man more handsome, not the other way around. Rugged, mysterious..." She glanced at him with a wicked glint in her eyes. "I'll bet the women won't be able to resist you." Part teasing, part truth, she learned one very important fact, the wound was relatively new. 'Before' could refer to days, weeks, even years, but if he could still think of the time as 'before' he earned the scar, then Connor had not grown to accept it as a part of him yet.

As they walked, Ara focused on the city around them, using the force to once again map out her surroundings, ignoring all but the brightest of auras. There was a gathering in Avalonia of high ranking Order officials and other important dignitaries, those the Disciple had no interest in accidentally running into. Her companion was a steady presence in her mind, still an enigma to the girl, but hopefully the conversation they were about to have would reveal more than the few minutes in the plaza had.

Once they'd travelled far enough into the civilian sector of the city that stormtrooper patrols were sparse, she stopped them, entering a small nondescript establishment. Satisfied that no one worth noting was in the vicinity, she released her grip on the force and smiled at Connor, answering his question with a form of the truth. "I work in military support." It was tempting to lie and say she was a pilot, but her lack of knowledge of space travel in general would unravel that particular story quickly, should he press her on it.

A credit chip and seductive smile bought them a booth in the back, secluded enough that they could talk in relative privacy but still afforded a good vantage of the room and door to the street.

While he never felt shy about his wounds – though admittedly the eye had been most sensitive as he could never hide it under clothing – they formed a complex jigsaw about his past life with the Jedi. They were wounds of the Jedi, and life-lessons to remember.

However at her next comment all he could do with give a polite smile and dismissive remark.

"Oh, I’m sure they would. They always do.”

What a can of worms that was.

And so they arrived at their destination, nothing too grand, and looking fairly established in the area.

"Military support,” he mused. Either the First Order had a good eye for driven young women, or she was a good liar. "Please, do go on. Do you support forces in the air or on ground, or more of an administrative role?”

He nodded in thanks as they moved to the back booth and took a seat opposite the girl.

"But judging by your dress sense I can’t imagine it’s a 5 days a week job. You look more akin to support out of the office. That hair band around your wrist tells me you wear your hair up more than down when the job requires it. You know you’re naturally pretty and you aren’t shy of it, but there’s something about you that is covering up something else. I can’t for the life of me put my finger on it.”

Smiling to himself as he rubbed his fingers together, the out-loud analysis of Ara was something he often did in his own head, but she could hear it this time too.

"You serve the Order, don’t you. And not from behind a desk. Am I right?”

[member="Ara Ren"]

Shuddering, she quickly dismissed the notion that she was any sort of air support. "Ground support mostly. Administrative when I can't avoid it." She quirked a smile, inviting the fellow soldier to share in a hatred of paperwork and the red tape of bureaucracy.

She leaned back in the booth, one leg crossed over the other, hands wrapped around her mug of tea as he assessed her. The smile faded from something lighthearted to a more serious expression quickly. He was good. A bit too good in her opinion.

"Do you usually cross examine new acquaintances?" She watched him intently from over the rim of her cup.

"No, I don't sit at a desk all day. I'd go crazy if I even tried. Consider me a contract agent. When they need me, I come in, assist the ground troops, and then go about my business." If he pressed further, she'd claim confidentiality and steer him to another course on conversation. "Everyone should use their looks to their advantage, you'd be amazed what people will do to earn a pretty smile or compliment." She dropped back into the low tone with a slight purr that had never failed to earn her what she'd wanted. She used her looks and loved every second of it.

"And what of you? You've analyzed me fairly well, what should I make of a soldier with a connection to the force who comes looking for information on a rumor of shadow soldiers fighting for the Order? Does he have a death wish or is he hoping the stories are true? Is he as innocent as he acts or is he also hiding something?" Her gaze flicked to the scar under his eye and focused on it. "Maybe his stories are equally as interesting as the ones he chases."

Tapping his fingers gently on the table, Connor sat back to match Ara and kept his face light, but devoid of tell-tale signs as she took her guess at him. She was good – too good for basic support. But young….a few more pieces slipped into place, and he chuckled as she looked on at his scar.

"Wouldn’t you like to know,” he raised his eyebrows at her, an turned to make an order to a passing droid. "Blue milk please.”

A few moments passed, the two seeming to work each other out, a little tug of the lips here, narrowing of the eyes there. She sipped her tea, distractingly teasing with her analytical eyes working him over.

"Okay.”

The drink came, and he took a generous mouthful and swallowed hard.

"Solider, no. Force connection, yes. Sort of. Try directing your view to the eastern side of the galaxy, far away from First Order space. You’ll find a little world called Voss. If you know who operate on Voss, then you’re nearly there.”

That was an easy one. He just had to dangle a bit of bait to see how she’d react if she assumed he was what he’d laid out to be; a Jedi in First Order territory asking after military.

Probably didn’t sound good, but would the girl show some true colours?

Connor took another drink, not taking his eyes of her and enjoying this little spar of words.

[member="Ara Ren"]

She took her time in answering, mulling over the information he offered. The Silver Jedi operated from Voss. From his analysis of her, she knew he was intelligent and thorough. He was too old too be a padawan, but his aura was far below master level.

She shook her head and took another sip of her tea. She called him out on it. "A lie. Or a misdirection. Or you are far less intelligent than you seem." She watched him carefully, eyes narrowed.

"If you are who you are alluding to, then what would stop me from summoning the nearest unit and having you detained for questioning? No, you aren't stupid enough to wander into First Order space and spill such sensitive information so easily." Her eyes shifted to the door and the street beyond pointedly, before returning to his face.

Another thought struck her and she smiled coyly, taking a long sip of her tea before setting the mug on the table. Her elbows rested on the table, fingers folded together to create a rest for her chin as she leaned forward. He might not be lying, but attempting to defect from the strict disciplines of the Jedi order. She couldn't fault him, she had her own history and reasons to dislike the rigid order. Her theory was thrown into speculation as his age and aura still acted as a puzzle piece that wouldn't align itself in her mind.

She tilted her head, still resting on her hands. It was the 'Sort of' in his statement that had her stumped. It was probably yet another story he'd refuse to tell, but she'd have to try.

"How can you sort of have a connection with the Force? It is or it isn't. You may chose not to use it, but that does not mean it doesn't exist."

He tried to not smile, but he couldn’t help it. This one was smart, too.

"Call a unit then, see what happens.”

Connor took another comfortable mouthful and licked his lips, before setting it down and raising his hand to her just in case she was about to do something stupid.

"Okay, okay.”

Clearing this throat, he edged his glass over and leaned his elbows on the table too, lacing his hands together and tapped his thumbs together; the battle of mind-games continued. What a girl indeed.

"Up until a month or so ago you would know me as Connor Harrison, Silver Jedi Master and leader of the Silver Shadows operating from Voss. Fast forward over the gory details, and now you know me as Connor Harrison, former Jedi Master and seeking to flourish the Dark Side of the Force currently residing in me, but suffering from a Wall Of Light attack which renders those who use the Dark Side severed from the Force.”

He let it sink in for a second.

"I’ve felt you, your aura, which means it is slowly returning as I expected it would in the company of those of the Dark Side too, so I know you’re an ally. Potentially. But while I held Master rank in the Light, now I am merely an Acolyte of the Dark. Learning to re-connect myself to the Force, embrace the Dark Side fully, lead others to destroy the Jedi who blinded me and the entire galaxy, and maybe pick up another wound or two in the process. Which brings me here, knowing of the First Order and understanding Force users could be a valuable asset to them.”

With a smile, he nodded to her.

"That’s it. Still want to call that unit? Or perhaps, your Master? What I think is you’re far too pretty, you’re young and you have confidence. And a Force aura. That’s perfect potential right there. So you must be under the tutorage of someone, or something, within the First Order. Or maybe you’re just a myth, like the Ren.”

[member="Ara Ren"]

She listened, the only visible sign of emotion a crinkle of the eyebrows above the bridge of her nose. She was thankful for the years of practice hiding her facial expressions amidst drunks, gamblers, and the rest of the riff-raff that frequented the clubs and bars of her home. Without the years of masking disgust, revulsion, and a myriad of other unsavory emotions, the mixture of shock, doubt, and panic would have shown in her face. As it was, she finished her tea in one long sip, grimacing at the lukewarm beverage before abruptly standing and striding confidently to the nearest employee with a pulse and handing him a few more chips.

In quick order, the restaurant was emptied of other customers, the door locked, and two simple meals deposited at their table. A hushed conversation with the employee ensured a message would be sent to the Bastian with the simple request for her master to get in contact with the disciple immediately. The vague request would be delivered via her unit and would hopefully ensure discretion. If he was telling the truth she was about to be in more trouble than she suspected. She should have ignored his presence and continued on to her destination without preamble.

Ara wished her borrowed saber was not sitting in a locker on her transport, awaiting the girl's return from her short holiday on Dosuun. She would bring it with her anywhere and everywhere after this. Even in the capital city.

She returned to their table, watching warily for his reaction to her abrupt departure from his presence.

"That's a very pretty, and dangerous, story. What proof do I have that it's not just that, a story." For now she'd ignore his comments about the Ren or her position within the order.

"If it isn't, that is a very large amount of leverage you just gave a potential ally. Is it based on foolhardy trust or bravado?" Her food sat in front of her, untouched.

Firstly, Connor was baffled how little affect his honesty had on her.

Secondly, Connor was curious as to why Ara moved quickly and cleared the eatery. That wasn't good.

Third, Connor was wondering what the food was all about.

Ara came back, and was rather blunt, which was a shame. Things were going so well. He sniffed the food, turning it a little to see what it was. He picked up a fork, toyed with it and took a mouthful of what looked like some pasta and meatball sauce combo. It was nice - hot, with spice, but nice. The fork was placed down.

"Ok, why would I lie to you? What do I have to lie? What do I get out of it. And proof? What proof could I have? I don't have a lightsaber, I don't have anything - no com. It's just me. Why would I lie?”

He glanced at the vacant seats, and ducked his head to try see out of the window. This didn't feel good.

"Seriously, what? So I make up a story about my fall from grace to be carted away to a First Order prison? No offence Ara, but maybe I thought you were decent enough to hold back on insulting me so soon.”

Connor pushed the food to the side and slid up from the booth.

"I'll find out about the Ren on my own. Sorry to trouble you.”

[member="Ara Ren"]

Ara met his gaze unflinchingly. If she was bothered by his diminished opinion of her, she didn't show it. "I'm not going to have you arrested. If I was, you and this building would already be surrounded." She motioned to the street that was empty save for the occasional patrol and civilian going about their business.

She watched his gaze fell on the empty restaurant and quirked a smile, briefly entertained by his paranoia. "I thought privacy would be beneficial if you are going to throw a name like that around so easily. Unless you really do want to be detained because some random civilian heard the words 'Jedi Master' and choses to report it. Prying ears don't listen to the entire conversation as I'm sure you are well aware."

She forced a bite of her own food, swallowing it despite the lump growing in her stomach. She wasn't the person to be having this conversation with him. She wasn't the person to share the information she had. But could she also just let him walk away? If he was telling the truth, and she was beginning to believe him, he'd be a valuable asset to the Order.

She motioned to the seat in front of her and spread her arms wide, showing her own lack of weaponry. "It is your decision, to stay and finish your meal with me; I am unarmed and have already asserted that I am not going to call for the authorities; or you may leave and hope to find your answers elsewhere. I will not stop you."

She refused to apologize for not believing him, it was the safest course of action and the same decision she'd make if she were ever in a similar situation. She chuckled at the thought of ever being in a 'similar situation'. It was only her luck that she'd be the one to run into such a person on the streets of Avalonia. It had to be a one in a million chance, and she was the lucky one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom