Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firefighter Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

"http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fear/images/f/fe/Flamethrower_g.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121109134700"
Image Source: Fear Wiki

Intent: To counter a dangerous form of attack
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: MSI
Model: PM "Firefighter" Armor
Affiliation: Open Market / Merr-Sonn Soldiers
Modularity: Yes ~ Pieces can be replaced to improve on defenses (will require a dev thread)
Production: Mass

Material: Heavy Durasteel Plating / Thermal Gel / Thermal Padding / Random Electronics (scanners, HUD, etc)

Classification: Anti-Flame, Anti-Napalm
Weight: 14.51 kg
Quality:
  • General ~ 5
  • Against Heat/Napalm ~ 10
Special Features: Powder Canister, Foam Sprayers

Strengths:
  • [ Can't Touch Me ] ~ Against napalm, or other sticky liquid flames, it has the utmost resistance, first making it incredibly difficult to stick too, then also having defenses in place to continuously battle the stuff
Weaknesses:
  • [ Wait, I Can't Move ] ~ Only those wanting to move slowly will take this thing on as is - its weight is pretty high considering it specializes in one form of defense. Alongside this is the outright slow movement allowed from it
  • [ Can't... quite... reach ] ~ Due to the encumbrance of the bulk, much movement is lowered, making this armor more difficult to utilize properly
Description: There is hardly much to say about this suit, really. It is a design made to provide some powerful resistance toward those things most dangerous in the air: Napalm strikes. From this type of incendiary explosive will come little to zero return, as there is zero stick for the liquid to grip, nor is there much problem should it manage to do so as well.

Built into each limbs, in a circular pattern facing up and down the limbs, are pockets of foam canisters that activate when a certain heat temperature is reached. It will pump out enough foam to silence the flames. If it should become damaged however, attached at the belt is a small damage resistant canister that houses a powder that would be used to coat the fired areas, causing the flames to not be burnable any longer.

Lastly, due to the layering of thermal gel and thermal padding, the heat is at best a small nuisance.

Primary Source: None

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

This is a really cool idea, and I applaud this as a concept.

Valashu Elahad said:
Production: Mass Quality: General ~ 5 Against Heat/Napalm ~ 10

A quality 10 armor at mass production isn't something that is likely going to be feasible. A quality 10 armor is something like a customized masterpiece that is painstaking made very slowly. I'd recommend a quality of 8 for heat/napalm resistance, though I can see a quality 9 with more development and a lower production. Given this specialization, I'd also recommend slightly lowering general resistance to 4.

Valashu Elahad said:
there is zero stick for the liquid to grip

How does this work?

Valashu Elahad said:
Lastly, due to the layering of thermal gel and thermal padding, the heat is at best a small nuisance.
All armors provide resistance, but not complete immunity. Please change "at best a small nuisance" to something else that reflects this thought.

Matreya

[member="Gir Quee"]

In no means arguing. But I would like to point out that this character already has a specialized quality ten mass produced item. That being said, it did have a 10 post, 8k word count dev.

If I pull some dev out of my ass, how much would I need to score this with defenses in place?

Matreya

Of course considering after all edits are met of course. Meaning.g the change in wording etcetera.

Also, I hadn't fully thought that part out. I think I will state a molecular bonding agent like Instant Adhesive making the outer most layer absolutely non porous.

Matreya

As a last minute thought, could it be altered to the same as my Baka Bodyglove, and be Force Imbued? It could explain the slick surface not being able to be stuck to.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Valashu Elahad said:
If I pull some dev out of my ass, how much would I need to score this with defenses in place?
This would be dependent on the quality of the posts, of course, but a minimum of 20 posts for the quality 10 thermal, and at least an additional 10 posts for the other general type protection of 5 that it currently has.

Valashu Elahad said:
Also, I hadn't fully thought that part out. I think I will state a molecular bonding agent like Instant Adhesive making the outer most layer absolutely non porous.
Simply being nonporous doesn't necessarily mean that it won't stick. At a really broad level, I think that friction and gravity are going to be the main forces that would cause something to stick. Friction itself would be dependent on both the material that the armor is made out of and whatever is sticking to the armor (like napalm).

There may well be some way to Force-imbue something to make it not stick. I could go with that with additional development (like 10 more posts). Alternatively, you may be able to find a material or coating that does that too (either in real life, or in star wars). The trick would be to find one that does that, and it is heat resistant.

Matreya

Ok, I think I'm going to pull a complete overhaul. Remove the armor itself, and turn it more into a covering. Keeping weight etcetera, to add to a hefty balance (ie, wearing it over armor will be dangerous). Will edit that all in, and go for the dev immediately. With luck it should be done tonight, or at the latest tomorrow.

If not I will report back to have it archived until the dev is complete. Thanks for working with me!

[member="Gir Quee"]

Matreya

Please archive this for now. I am still attempting to find the time for this project but being homeless.. well its difficult. Hope I can finish soon enough.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom