Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Finisher-class assault cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan

destroyer_v_2_by_smirnovartem.jpg

http://img02.deviantart.net/c769/i/2010/065/5/4/destroyer_v_2_by_smirnovartem.jpg
Affiliation: Mandalorian Flottila and Clan Akaata.
Manufacturers: Clan Kryze Shipyards
Model: Finisher-class assault cruiser
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel. Xonolite
Classification: Assault

Length: 950m
Width: 200m
Height: 150m

Armament Rating: 17
426 turbo lasers
30 Laser Cannons
15 Concussion missile launchers

Defensive rating: 5

Hangar: 1 Squadron

Special Features: NA

Maneuverability rating: 15
Speed rating: 16
Hyperdrive class: 1.2

Strengths:
Attack power: This thing packs quite the punch

Weaknesses:
Mammoth 1: this ship is just faster than a dew back
Mammoth 2: Just don't fly it into an asteroid field...
Defenses: Fire a blast anywhere and it will probably cause some damage. This thing has like no defenses.

Description: The Finisher-class was developed as a highly powerful, albeit slow, cruiser. Much less capable overall than ships such as the Behemoth-class cruiser. It was built with one goal in mind; pack as much firepower as possible into as small of a ship as possible. Turns out as small as possible was actually quite large. It can destroy most other ships of its class, or below, through sheer firepower. But ships larger than it will cut through a single one like a hot knife through butter. Come to think of it, large amounts of any type of ship will shred these, but in large numbers, Finishers are more than capable of destroying Star Destroyers.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Abraxis said:
Manufacturers: Concordian Crescent Technologies, Haven Shipyards
Don't forget to hyperlink these to the approved company submissions.

Abraxis said:
Length: 1000m
Since this is 1000 meters long, this will require at least a 10 post development thread as per Rule #2. Since the armament rating is 18, this should probably be at least 20 quality posts.

Abraxis said:
Armament Rating: 18 200 heavy turbo lasers 100 medium turbo lasers 400 light turbo lasers 150 concussion missle launchers 450 torpedo launchers 300 heavy laser cannons 100 tractor beams
I can get behind the concept of this ship, which seems something like a Glass Cannon. But I think the weapon numbers may need some readjusting. The number of heavy turbolasers listed alone would be almost the entire normal armament of a bruiser heavy cruiser of this size. From the starship template:

Armament:
Rating 16
400 Turbolasers
20 Heavy Warhead Launchers
30 Quad lasers
As the Finisher currently stands, it has the equivalent of 700 turbolasers, 600 warhead launchers, and 300 defensive guns.

At an armament rating of 18, this should probably be somewhere around 450ish turbolasers, 25ish heavy warhead launchers, and 40ish defense guns.

Abraxis said:
Hangar: 1
Is this one squadron? Or one ship?

Titan

[member="Gir Quee"], for some reason I was thinking I was making a star destroyer. I don't know why. Anyways I changed the weapons and measurements, to better reflect my vision of the ship and your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom