Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

{FINISHED} Independent Researchers of Innovative Sciences (I.R.I.S.)

Mentor

M
Corporation Name: Independent Researchers of Innovative Sciences (I.R.I.S.)
Headquarters: Kad V Research Station (Will be in IC development)
Locations: No others as of yet
Operations: I.R.I.S. is an independent organization of Scientists hired from their former factions to research in fields not heavily explored, and to develop innovative ways to sell it to other factions. Like currently, based on Kad V, they are entering a biological field of development by researching the local Kadian Dalek Beasts for their biological ability's of fusing organic tissue naturally at a heightened rate, and mending limbs using this method. Additionally, due to their unique position in the asteroid belt of the planet, they plan to develop more powerful shielding techniques.

Rationale: Mentor of the Kad System (or simply Kad) has been a Scientist/Doctor/Engineer for many years. He has never been a Genius and has never claimed to be, and although he wish he was, he recognized those who were better than him. He was originally a low, unimportant, Scientist working for the Empire, as a citizen. He was very imaginative, even for an adult, and had many ideas to share and experiment with. But alas, he wasn't as sharp as he aspired to be. He studied hard and long, researching all that he could to hopefully run these experiments, and because of it he was running into trouble with money. This war against debt was difficult, and long, but through it he gained a skill that he was naturally gifted for- Persuasion. With his cool moral, and calming demeanor, Kad could talk to a person and find a compromise or an agreement they could settle on, and so his experimentation continued.

Eventually it came to be that he was a more successful Innovator of Science in his community. This was the early days of I.R.I.S., before it was even known by that name, or had a name at all. It grew bigger and bigger, until eventually he was noticed. Brave enough now, that perhaps he could actually follow through with his visions, he knew that the Empire would be too much of an oppressor for him to continue to grow, thus with his several ally's and friends, he received just enough funding to escape the Empire's clutches and flee to neutral unclaimed territory. With a few loyal scientists, he continued his dreams. Once again however, money unfortunately came into the equation. He didn't like it, but this is where he realized that to keep living in this manner, he would still have to work for the Empire to receive funding. After a while of shaky relations with the Empire, Kad felt comfortable enough once more to branch out. He got onto a ship, packed his operation and headed for specific system that had hardly been explored. What he found excited him greatly, and his fellow Scientists. Thus, in his honor, his employees granted the nameless star Kad's own name. They stayed in the system, and grew from their to the official founding of I.R.I.S.

Tier: Tier Three

Description: The vision of I.R.I.S. was not originally a monetary one, and it still isn't. The original purpose of I.R.I.S. was to have a place free of tyranny, scorn, and laws that prevented the avid Scientists under Chairman Kad, a place where Science may be done and used freely. What Kad had dreamed of since years long past, was a place where science ruled over everything, and in the I.R.I.S. Research Station above Kad V that principal is applied. Every Scientist under employment is granted free access to the technology that is produced within those laboratory's, to do with as the please, so long is it maintains the integrity of I.R.I.S., and its Utopian views. But unfortunately, all things come with a price, and thus, in order for them to maintain what they were doing, they had to begin selling their products to factions across the cosmos for money. Also, in recent weeks, they need more money to hire 'foreign' employees to work for them.

Now a days, private manufacturing is common place on the Research Station, though it costs 30% more than if you allowed I.R.I.S. to build its own projects. This means then, they have delved into sciences as simple as biologically perfected harvest plant, to weapons strong enough to shatter moons in the likeness of Kad V's asteroid belt. They don't have the resources obviously to build such super weapons capable of mass destruction, but they have the minds to plan them, and a need to sell them for the right price. To increase their paycheck, they are even considering the construction of a small city upon one of the Alpha Fragments to rack in Tourist money, but nothing has been initiated yet. They have a constant worry too, that perhaps in these "Tours" the Imperial Military might show up at their door step and close down their operation, as even though they believe the Imperial war machine is appeased by what they build for them (at 20% discount), they fret the Empires malevolence. They extend their hand in friendship and business towards the Republic, as a possible ally should the Empire ever attempt to shut down I.R.I.S., in their fear of the Empires wrath. They consider themselves a benevolent company, as compared to others the put business as usual before the safety of the planet in questions environment, a trait they hope attracts the Republic, as they tire of building weapons of destruction.

Intent: The intent of this company is to provide an interesting roleplaying experience in regards to the various creations that come out of I.R.I.S.. I fully intend for this to be a big part of the plot line between the Empire and the Republic (possibly the Mandalorians too), in an arms race. This is to be an extension of the character I have here in terms of his profile, I.R.I.S. and Kad are to be one and the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom