Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Finding Where The Real Black Market Is

370d9lz.png

It was a comfy bed, all things considered.

Aliris yawned loudly as she got out of the bed, glanced around for a moment, and just wandered her way to the kitchen area. She hadn't bothered changing out of her clothes. They were the only pieces she bothered to keep on herself. The rest was all Ashlan garb, and she refused to wear that any longer. So same clothes worked. And food was all that mattered right now anyway. Ration bars were good. Reminiscent of the crap she got in the academy, but hey, free food always tasted better.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Jacen was jolted awake by noises elsewhere in the ship. It took him a moment to remember that he wasn't alone. Aliris. The black market. Right...

Groaning, he rubbed his eyes and checked the time. It was too early for his liking, but he didn't like the idea of a stranger having free rein of his ship while he slept. So he got up, threw on some clothes, and walked into the kitchen.

As soon as he got a whiff of her scent, his stomach twisted with hunger. On the other hand, he could also tell she hadn't showered, which was gross. Still, blood was blood. He stood there staring at her for a minute, gnawing on his lip, before he turned away. Suddenly he wasn't so sure he liked this setup. It was all just so... weird.

"Morning," he mumbled. "Did you find... uh, anything more about the amulet?" He knew as soon as the words left his mouth that it was a dumb question. Where would she have gotten more information during the night? He hadn't exactly given her his Holonet password. But he was grasping at straws.

Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"Anythin' else? Naw." She shrugged indifferently before taking another bite of the ration bar she'd snagged. The most she had was it was here on Nar Shadaa. Well, somewhat. She had a couple more leads, actual leads, but she wasn't too sure how much she should say yet. She'd slept through the night and didn't wake up to him trying to hurt or sell her or something, so that was a good start.

But it wasn't like she didn't sleep with one eye open.

"You gonna eat?"

No other leads, aside from it being in a black market on Narsh…” Well, that didn’t exactly narrow things down. But it was a start.

"You gonna eat?"

He blinked at her. “I don’t eat… that stuff,” he said. Had she already forgotten their earlier conversation about his, er, dietary needs? “So I guess the answer is no, unless you’re offering...” His gaze lowered to her throat, his tongue poking slightly out of his mouth, but he caught himself before he could actually lick his lips. Nah, Jacen Nimdok wasn’t some predator. He was just a hungry boy in a galaxy made of food.

370d9lz.png

"What, so like all you can eat is blood? You some alchemical creation?" Sounded like the kind of creatures the Ashlan's were very much into purging. Don't trust things that ask for your blood, or eat people, or look like monsters. Purge anything and everything that could be made by the Sith. Eh, whatever. The dagger she had alone probably used blood to give it it's edge.

"So what, I just.. Fill a cup or something? I can fill a cup for ya, if you want."

"What, so like all you can eat is blood? You some alchemical creation?"

"No. My mom's an Energy Vampire and my dad was a Shi'ido." Hadn't he mentioned this stuff already? Did she have short-term memory loss? Was she part goldfish? "I can eat food, but I don't get much out of it."

"So what, I just... Fill a cup or something? I can fill a cup for ya, if you want."

"That's not quite how it works. I'd have to bite you." He shrugged. "It's kind of complicated, but I'm not really feeding off the blood so much as the energy a person has. Once the blood is out of the body, it's just... liquid. No energy."

370d9lz.png

"It was a joke. Kinda."

She shrugged indifferently. Then practically cringed. Having to bite someone for food? That made.. No sense. No, no. It should. Her gaze again fell to the blade on her hip. It wasn't made in a normal way, if what little she had found to read about it was correct.

"Weird, but whatever. You said you'd help with the amulet, so.. Can't really have you all out of energy or something."

"It was a joke. Kinda."

Jacen wasn't laughing.

Aliris seemed to glance between him and the dagger on her hip. Why, he had no idea.

"Weird, but whatever. You said you'd help with the amulet, so... Can't really have you all out of energy or something."

His eyebrows rose. Jacen was aware that she was just using him to get the amulet. He had thought, based on her earlier behavior, that she would do anything she could to get out of this particular aspect of their deal (if you could call the loose set of stated desires between them a "deal" anyway). But as long as she was willing...

He tentatively reached for her hand. "I usually go for the wrist," he said, not quite looking at her. "It feels more, uh, polite." He waited a moment longer before raising her wrist to his mouth and biting down.

370d9lz.png

"The wrist? I, uh- Alright." There wasn't much else to be said about it. She took another bite of her ration bar, watching him for a moment longer, then glanced off before he bit down. Aliris winced then. Hid a whine in another bite as she tried to ignore the sharp pain and the.. Draining sensation.

No, she didn't like this at all. But it was a path forward to get what she wanted. Get the artifact.

".. How much uh, do you need?"

Jacen drank as quietly as he could. He couldn't be completely silent, however—his sucking her blood made a faint wet sound, which he couldn't control, and which seemed all the louder because of it.

Right around the time she started asking how much he would need, he pulled back. "That's all for now."

Applying pressure to the wound to stanch the flow of blood, he guided her around to a kitchen drawer. Inside were some medical supplies. He worked quickly and efficiently, applying bacta and bandages to the punctures made by his teeth. A sort of haze had closed over his sight, beginning with his first catching her scent that morning and steadily narrowing his vision as his body digested her blood. Only after he had finished dressing her wounds did he raise his dark eyes, meeting her gaze. Blood was smeared across his mouth, red and shining.

Suddenly self-conscious, he reached up to wipe it off. "You might feel a little... woozy. But you've been eating, so it might not affect you as much. If you feel tired, that's normal." Turning away to wash his hands, he sighed. "I take it we're going to have to visit all the black markets on Narsh we can find to locate your amulet. Unless you have a better idea?"

370d9lz.png

She pulled her hand away, probably a bit more hastily than she would've liked to show. Last thing she wanted was to make it obvious how unsettled she was. But Aliris really wasn't good at that kind of deception. She flexed her hand, glanced off as he bandaged it up. Shrugged.

"I've got a couple locations to check out. It's not all blindly feeling around. Just.. Went to the wrong market, seems like."

370d9lz.png

"Alright, good. You uh, have a speeder or something stashed away in here or are we walking everywhere? Narshadaa is a pretty big place to just go wandering. .. To our destinations, I mean. Some of them are across town. I think. I know at least half of where they are, but some of the others are just.. Rumors." Which was a mild way of putting it. Not that she was going to chase after the rumors first.

She pulled out a small datapad, flicking it on. There were three addresses there in a list, seemingly written out by her herself.

"These are the ones I located. So yeah, speeder?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom