Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding One's Way

Planet: Telos
Controlled Space: The Sith Empire

Upon landing on the planet in one piece in the port, Koth stretched as he yawned. It had been a long trip to reach this planet and from what he had heard it would be a venture well worth its weight in credits, if not more. Opening the hatch and paying the fees required to dock were the first two things on his to do list as he shut down his ship. His ship was his home and it was one of the few things he had left from his master. As Koth walked toward the hatch leading to the dock, he smiled behind his mask as he clipped on the two lightsabers he owned. The crystal within his lightsaber had been a gift from his master upon Koth gaining his freedom. A crystal that had his lightsaber beam to come out silver similar to Koth's natural skin tone. Telekinetically tightening the straps of his armor as he walked onto the dock, Koth pulled out some credits and held them out to the dock master.
"This should cover the fees, yes?"

Though he seemed to be relaxed, Koth was watching the workers and the dock master size him up. As the man's eyes rested on his master's lightsaber and understanding dawned on him, the dock master nodded and waved him on. Koth left the docks with a smile on his face and amusement in his eyes, though they were hidden by his mask. He had come to this planet to learn and seek the knowledge he required to further his training. Koth doubted that it would be an easy thing to find.

Louise

here for your dad
It was the norm.

What was the norm?

Hold on, I've barely just started putting words down and you've interrupted me, I think you'll find if you didn't barge in with your questions then I would have been leading up to the so called norm. Your pace is set to sprint and I just want to take a leisurely stroll along your brain. Do you understand where I'm coming from? Are you going to sit down and be a good reader?

...I suppose so...

Good.

Now, to explore the norm. Karin Dorn did not simply storm through the galaxy, taking heads and cackling loudly with ominous glowing eyes. She explored, she observed, this was a universe recovering and rebuilding and it was fascinating to watch. Take notes, they might be handy one day. At the current moment the Sith was playing the role of spectator, watching an argument take place between two drunks but they weren't just any drunks.

This was a class struggle. Just by dialect and the clothes that they wore you could tell that one belonged to the highest shelf of the class ladder and the other was a rather scruffy looking labourer type. Hold on. This a galaxy of technology, why do we have people in the land of blisters and callou-

“Y-YOU ALL FINK YOU'RE...SO MUCH BETTA THAN...-hic-..US!”

Hey, I didn't say it was a coherent argument, they were drunk after all. Were you expecting a legitimate view upon class warfare on Telos. Oh ho ho...my child...

So I bet you're dying to know (well, not really) what was Upper McUpperClass's response to what was frankly the truth. What he might have been pulling was a dramatic pause but frankly given his inebriated state, I think he was just trying to wrench words from his brain.

“I-I...I think you'll find that...THAT...weee....BLAAAAAARRRGHHH!”

Why do chunks of carrot always show up in vomit? There aren't even carrots in Star Wars!*

The argument had just been ended, the upper class had vomited disdain and...and actual vomit upon the lower class and in one swift moment. Hell broke loose. Obscenities and fists were flying, and both of these fine debaters were swiftly pounced upon by a bored and inebriated crowd. They would likely be dead in minutes, and Karin Dorn was not about to step in to prevent this.

It would be a shame if one were to depart from the docks and come across this scene, no?

*But I could be wrong, space carrots may very well exist.

Upon exiting the docks after paying his fees, Aarge Koth Teh walked into a large brawl and the reeking odor of bile. Moving through the brawling people was going to be difficult and not an easy task if he wanted to keep a low profile at this time. Some of those who were fighting appeared to be drunk and oblivious to their surroundings. Koth stayed back and watched the progression of the fighting intensify and grow as more people joined in the brawl. All it would take was some idiot pulling a blaster out and there would be dead bodies all around. As people began to run to join the fight, one of them bumped him on their way and caused him to stumble for a moment. Koth's eyes followed the person as his hands checked to see if anything was missing. His left hand discovered that his master's lightsaber had been stolen and he reached out with the Force to telekinetically locked the person's movement and keep them from moving. As his training still wasn't complete, his hand was extended toward the thief with the tips of his fingers curled down.

Growing up as a slave taught one that even a momentary bump with someone could result in the theft of your property. As the woman was locked in place, Koth walked over to her and spoke quietly with no emotions influencing his tone of voice.

"That was not something that you should be acquiring, young lady."
"I am sorry Master Jedi! I did not mean to steal from you!"
"I am no Jedi, young lady."

Koth watched as her eyes widened as she immediately went from one extreme to the next. He could predict what she would say and would not prevent her from saying nor correct her. Koth had been trained by a Sith Knight and while his form mimicked that used by the Sith, it deviated as he was finding his own path with the Force. Her next words were a whisper and terror could be seen on her face.
"Sith."

Removing the lightsaber from her grip, Koth clipped it back in place before releasing the power he had used upon her. The terrified thief stumbled a little bit as she backed away.

OOC: If I did anything that is out of place, let me know. I was figuring that the Sith are feared even in their own territory.

Louise

here for your dad
Now now, things have gotten interesting.

Here's a tip for Madam Sticky Fingers: When trying to pickpocket people, don't get caught. It seems like stating the obvious, but this dear had clearly missed the lecture that day. Karin's mind wandered back to the time she met one particular street urchin, she wouldn't have messed up so royally. I mean, come on, how do you botch a pluck job in the middle of a riot! Bloody amateur.

Of course, maybe you have to give credit where credit is due.

This gentleman who had caught her out, for one he could use the force, so he would be one of the sharper knives in the drawer. Maybe if the thief had simply chosen a different pocket she would have been fine. However, it was time to interject, for there was now terror in the air.

Karin swooped (yes, she swooped) upon the girl and clasped a hand on her shoulder, which in all honesty probably made the poor thing expel a little urine. “Oh come now, we're not all that bad,” she tweeted in a jovial tune, “I mean, okay, some of us are but look! Here you stand, alive and with all of your limbs still firmly attached to your body. I'd call that win.

She gave the woman's shoulder a playful squeeze and offered a not-quite-reassuring smile. “Besides, a Jedi would be likely to arrest you and turn you in to the authorities, giving you a lecture about how stealing is wrong or some nonsense. I, on the other hand want to encourage you to keeping practising your craft...but next time, try to pick out your mark a little better.”

After Karin's fun little speech was over, she removed her hand from the would-be-thief's shoulder and let her scurry off into the brawl.

Poor girl, you scared half the wits out of her!” The Sith smirked, now addressing the man who was totally not a Jedi. “But you've got me curious, you're not a Jedi...or so you say...but are you a Sith? I'm not so sure. The vast majority of my colleagues would have surely taken her hand at the very least but you, you displayed restraint, something which is unseen within the Empire.”

She offered the stranger both a grin and a hand (for shaking, obviously), “Karin Dorn, Telos Greeting Committee at your service.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom