Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Finder's Keepers: Mission to Jakku

20201224_222559.jpg

Maestus Maestus | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
Allies: Maestus and Brotherhood
Enemies: Aaran and citizens
The raid on Niima Outpost was going successfully. So successfully that Zachariel was hardly needed, instead simply directing the marauders where to go. But that wasn't what he wanted as a warlord, he wanted to shed blood himself, not direct others to do so. Thus, Zachariel kept a constant ear on the developing situations elsewhere, to see if he could 'lend a hand' as it were, and slaughter whoever stood in his way. Soon enough that chance was heard, as Maestus was calling for assistance out in Cratertown.

Zachariel already knew he was going to accept it, but still he took a final look towards the battle raging in Niima Outpost. It was glorious, and the Brotherhood would capture many slaves here. But he needed more, he needed blood to be spilt by his own hand. Thus, he called for a shuttle and readied a small force of marauders to accompany him. They may be needed, or they may not be, but they couldn't complain. A warlord called for them and they answered. Soon enough, the shuttle took off towards Cratertown, its hold partially filled by marauders and Zachariel himself. Hopefully there would be a challenge here, but then again, if a warlord was asking for assistance, there had to be.

As the journey only took a handful of minutes, the shuttle landed relatively quickly inside Cratertown. It was quite clear to see that Maestus' Chosen were slaughtering and capturing various people in the town. But that all took a backseat to the true spectacle, Maestus dueling with Aaran. A dark grin on his face, Zachariel strode out of the lander, having to duck through the door. But when he was through, he stood to his full 3 meters of height and began to stride towards the battle.

He thudded towards them, even as he took in both combatants, both in the Force and with his own eyes. There was a power gap there, and it was clear Aaran was experienced, far moreso than Maestus. No doubt he was a Council member, or at the very least a very high ranking Master. But that only meant he'd be more of a challenge, something Zachariel craved. Drawing his sword with one hand, Zachariel came closer before finally calling out to the both of them.
"Ah, I see there's an actual challenge to be found here." Zachariel twirled his blade once, eyes boring into Aaran. Around him, the Force seemed to swell as his bloodthirsty presence locked onto Aarans own presence. "A Council member may actually prove to be a challenge. Well then child, shall we see how well you fight?"

Now only a handful of paces away from the pair, Zachariel rumbled with dark laughter, ready and waiting to jump in at the opportune time.

ChVAW7n_d.webp

Calruss Shiman

C
Allies: None
Enemies: Kyrel Ren The Mongrel Kryll Inferious Sinh

The sound of his saber slicing through the metallic handle was clear when he suddenly raised to his feet, disabling the weapon entirely as it fell in a heap to the floor. Instead of continuing the warden chose to catch his bearings and take a few step back away from the heretic, who was fuming about the state of his sword. Although, considering his main weapon was destroyed he still looked more confident and fiery than before. Calruss stared at him with an expressionless cold stare, deciding not to show how confidence which would take him off his goal of finishing the miserable mans life. Slowly shaking his head to the mans insolence he finally let out a small grin in the corner of his lips "You really think you can take me down unarmed? lets see how far that takes you..." he remarked, the grip on his saber increasingly tightening.

Just when he was about to take a step, something around him was off. The maw hoard suddenly stopped their chaos for a few seconds before erupting back into their normal state, almost as if they were listening to something. All Calruss could do was tilt his head in confusion from the odd event, something like that happening in the middle of a raid was strange to say the least. In his eyes, there was something more to all this...

Snapping his head back to the enforcer he took a deep breath before running straight at him with speed, his saber hanging loosely beside him as he got into striking range. Unexpectedly, the teen used his right foot to jump up slightly before rotating his body at a quick speed, swinging his lightsaber at the same time at the heretics chest to belittle his confidence. However, Calruss was unknowingly underestimating the savage. He made the mistake of not studying the mans stance, one of which showed he knew what he was doing instead of someone who acted like a fool. None the less, he was sure it wouldn't take long to make him suffer for his brutality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Koleric was stalking the man with the blue blade like a predator circling him, when the veil went up he could feel Dagon Kaze's movements through his connection with the land, taking a stance and shift his weight as if throwing something towards him. Instinctually diving out of the way of the blast Koleric could see the man was no longer blinded.

Without a moments notice he began to close the distance to get within striking range of the man.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Maestus was mid-pummeling, striking with saber and fist on Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo when she first felt Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood approach. Before he even landed the ship. She felt him slowing, then landing.

She ground her teeth together. Then silently cursed herself. She had called for a new ship, true. But....Steelblood?! He was well known as a vicious Warlord. Bloodthirsty. Or is it skull thirsty? Maestus didn't bother to stop and ponder that at another time.

Truth be told, Maestus felt herself being outmatched by the Warden of Peace. She had fought before. She had killed before. But never one such as Aaran. She could hurt him, she had no doubt. But forcing him to submit or killing him? She was running out of options to try.

She pulled her final card. Hopefully it was an Ace.

She ceased abusing Aaran's body, and stepped back 3 paces. Deactivated her saber. She focused her gaze on Aaran. She met his eyes, and began to summon every bit of her considerable mental strength. Intermingled was her rage. Rage about not forcing Aaran into submission. The fact that he was stronger and more powerful in the Force was not to be considered. She was Sith.

She called on her hatred. Hatred of the mind games Aaran had been playing. How he had toyed with her. And she, FOOL! Danced right into his clutches. She would never allow that to happen. Ever again. At those thoughts, more rage and hatred built. It is as if every thought she has, increases her rage and hatred.

Her body began to shake as she strained from all the power and energy she had summoned to herself. Her head leaned forward, but her eyes stayed on Aaran's. She let it loose. Every bit of willpower, mental strength and fortitude, and the massive amount of Dark Side energy she had called to herself. She assaulted Aaran's mind with FEAR viciously. She was not delicate in her mental assault. She ripped and tore through his mind for as long as she could.

She knew Aaran would not allow her to remain in his head for long. So she made the most of it. Sifting through memories. Searching for his deepest fear, or failure. Until Aaran locked her out, she would not break the connection. With the mental equivalent of eagle talons, she shredded while she searched.

20201214_225131.png

The Jedi had fast reaction speeds meaning Koleric would have to sacrifice some of his movement if he wanted to do any damage.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze swung his blade in an upward crescent slash as Koleric closed distance, side stepping just enough to keep the distance closed the blade seared the flesh of the marauder's right arm, when it reached its highest point his first went up smashing the hand the blade was in attempting to disarm the Padawan.

Letting out a warcry of anger to drown out the pain he then threw his head forward to headbutt him.​

Dagon's blade sliced through flesh, convincing him foolishly the battle was over. In return, the marauder showed him it was far from it. To his surprise the raider slammed hard at his hand, the impact reverberating from his wrist to his brain and the weight of his hilt disappeared into thin air; the cylinder rolling down the dusty ground.

Foolishly, his attention went to it, calling the Force to bring it back to him. Instead, he received a face-splitting headbutt to the face. Blood spurted out of his lips and nose as he drew back from the marauder. Squinting in pain, licking the blood off his lips, Dagon instinctively pulled a hail of lying around stones and hurled them with the Force at the attacker with high velocity.

Koleric Koleric

He was able to successfully land the blows and disarm the Padawan, feeling the displacement of the earth he had to think fast.

The rocks were hurled at a high velocity giving him no time to dodge, the stones slammed against his body that had been tempered over many battles cracking his ribs and slamming into his head. Dropping him to his knees hands on his head.

For a split second his vision flashed white, when it cleared there were black spots and sand soaking a deep red liquid dripping from somewhere, looking up he saw the legs of the Jedi he had made distance between them his ears began to ring with a sound he could not shake no matter how hard he tried.

He kept up the breathing techniques taught to him from his master coming up readying himself for another attack.

- Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Distantly, he could note that another ship was approaching. As he wove back and forth through Maestus' unending assault on his form. His palms lashing out to slap away the errant blow of a lightsaber that would have dealt further damage if it connected with a more vulnerable part of his body. Her fury was giving her renewed strength. Enough to close the distance in power between them for the moment.

But such strength was not something she was used to using. And while the teachings of a Jedi did not offer as much raw power as those of the Sith at short notice. They did provide much greater consistency. So unlike Maestus, he knew how to handle himself at this level. There were no wasted movements, no hesitation as he began to put all his efforts into defending himself. If she was a storm of rage and hate, he was the mountain of focus and calm she crashed against.

Taking the brief ceasefire for Maestus to prepare her mental assault. He prepared in kind. Mind once again opening to the greater energy of Jakku around him. The waveform technique allowing him to draw more and more power into himself as he prepared for his own final attack. Power gathering in his hands as he prepared for a physical assault over a mental one.

And when Maestus' will surged outwards. Digging into his mind. He let her in. Because he had a sight to show her.

The brutal assault on Kintan, where the Sith Empire came to burn and pillage a civilian world. The madness of Mandalore, his desperate attempt to rescue as many prisoners as he could from the moon of Concordia. Every pirate raid, every cruelty enacted by those who decided to abuse their power to torment the weak. She would receive flashes of it. That is what he feared, that is what he hated. That is what drove him to endlessly improve himself. So that he may prevent such things from happening. Behind all that fear, she would find his resolve, his desire to endlessly improve himself.

And it would find her wanting.

"You lose." He growled, hands thrusting outwards as he released that pent up kinetic energy. All the force of a tidal wave crashing into Maestus. So engrossed with her mental assault, she would have a hard time defending herself from the Jedi's counterattack.

As the dust from his strike settled, his gaze finally turned over towards the newest arrival. A hulking brute, clad head to toe in Armor. It seemed that unlike Maestus. Whoever this was clearly needed to compensate for something with how overblown everything about his appearance screamed. His presence in the Force, not much more than a wild animal. For the briefest of a moments, the two sized each other up. Two predators pacing back and forth opposite each other. Considering if they should attack or back off.

Before Aaran dismissively turned his attention back towards Maestus seemingly ignoring the newest Warlord. "I've no interest in fighting two bothersome lunatics today." He said, nodding once towards Maestus. Regardless of the condition she was in. "I concede, you fought well for one so untested." He said, recognising her strength if nothing else. "I heard your master, same as you. He wants Jedi and probably does not care much for whoever else your men caught."

A Jedi was worth more than a thousand pointless slaves. His suggestion did have merit. He was a far greater prize. Whichever one of them brought him in would be given quite a fair bit of clout among their peers. Unlike the Knights of Ren in a distant settlement. They did not even have to threaten innocents to get him to comply.

His gaze flickered again towards Zachariel. "I'd be a challenge for you. You would not be one for me." He jerked his head towards Maestus. "Between the two of you, she is the stronger one. I surrender to her because unlike you, she actually put some effort in." Turning, he began to walk towards the shuttle, seemingly ignoring Zachariel. "I would advise you to not take any other prisoners. I like my legroom. And if any natives end up in the ship with me, or if you start killing. I will start breaking things."

"Then we'll all be stranded here."

Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood Maestus Maestus

She ripped and tore into Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo mind. But she was wholly unprepared for what she saw. In that brief flash into Aaran's mind, she saw brutality on an unprecedented scale. Devastation and destruction everywhere.

And then she felt the pain this all wrought upon Aaran. The fear he felt at being unable to stop such. And there was, unless Maestus was wrong, some deep buried hate for the destruction that occurred on such massive scales. Regardless, his fear was so overwhelming, it knocked her to a knee as she struggled to process all the emotion from him.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Aaran added salt to the wound. The kinetic blast hit her as she wa dropping to a knee. The force of that coupled with the mental channel surfing in her head blew her backwards about 10 meters. She was absolutely unprepared for the kinetic blast, and landed hard on her back, after flipping end over end.

Gasping, the breathe knocked out of her, she gulped in air. Anything to make this feeling of suffocation, of drowning, abate. It took a few moments, but her breathing eventually began to come back to normal. While that happened, she worked herself to one knee, observing the apparent dressing down Aaran was giving Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood .

Maestus took silent stock of her body while Aaran spoke. Ribs, broken. At least a few. Right clavicle? Yep, snapped in two about 2 inches above the shoulder blade. Time to put into practice her Master's teaching.

She leaned forward, placing both palms flat against the dirt ground. Burning, razor sharp pain exploded through her entire torso. She hissed violently, but let no other sigh of her damage be seen.

There was no real source of heat or fire, so the ground itself must suffice for this. She leaned forward with a strained grunt, and flattened both palms against the ground. She opened her mind and began pulling from the earth itself. Trees, bushes, anything green and verdant began to wither and die in her immediate presence.

While that happened to the flora and fauna, Maestus began to lean back on her heels, hands outstretched up to the sky. She could feel her body become rejuvenated, repaired. This was no perfect repair, only time would heal her this time. Unless her Master chose to.....Oh who am I kidding, that's laughable at best. Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis would do no such thing, and Maestus would not allow it.

Her ribs knit together enough to dull the pain. Similar with her clavicle. Mended but not healed.

When she finally stood, there was a ring of death around her. No grass, no animals, no trees or plant life remained alive. Her chest heaved as the surge of energy swam in her veins. Her gaze leveled on Aaran and she made her way to him. She tossed a glance to Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood , nodding to her fellow Warlord.

Then turned her attention on Aaran. She studied the Jedi, still haunted by whatever voodoo he was using. Her saber shoulder have done a through and through of his shoulder. But, there would be time for that. For now, she simply motioned him towards the ship.

My Master's call is the only thing keeping me alive, Aaran the Jedi. And I believe we both know it. My existence is, perhaps, short lived. Depending on how my Master views my skills and effectiveness in facing you....

She scowled to herself, and led the way into the ship.

20201214_225131.png

Zachariel didn't immediately charge in, choosing instead to pick an opportune time to join the fray. Maestus and Aaran fought, and Zachariel saw that they noticed him, but didn't fully acknowledge him. Instead focused on one another. And then it suddenly stopped, and Zachariel and Aaran were staring each other down. Half raising his sword, Zachariel moved forward to engage, only for Aaran to ignore him and instead speak to Maestus. And immediately surrender. The first act brought him annoyance, annoyance he'd rectify. The second baffled him, even as it angered him even more.

He took another step forward, more than willing to plunge his sword into the mans chest. But he restrained himself with a growl. In that instance, his Force presence turned from a prowling and wild beast, into a focused and razor sharp sword, its ire turned towards Aaran. He taunted Zachariel then, clearly hoping for some reaction. But Zachariel did the unexpected, prior experiences showing him an obvious trap, he lowered his sword and laughed. It was dark, hate filled true, and oh so very callous. And then he spoke, voice eclipsing that in its evil.
"How very Sith of you, Jedi. Goading a foe to strike another down, seeking to draw my full anger upon you, and hoping you could even stand against my onslaught." Snorting with derision, Zachariel shook his head then. "We all know your lies, your goading. I applaud it, and it may have worked centuries ago. But not now, and never again."

He stepped to the side then, sneering beneath his helmet. Before he let out another booming laugh, watching as Maestus led the pair back to the ship.
"I will enjoy torturing him as recompense for answering your call for aid." Zachariel turned his head to the village then, letting out a piercing whistle. At the summoning, the marauders who came with him emerged from the hobbles. They carried whatever slaves the Chosen of Maestus had missed. Directing them to the ship, Zachariel laughed at Aaron's claims. "I'm sure you'll break free with the ysalmir restraining you, along with a comfy phrik cell."

Zachariel's marauders formed up around him as he made his way back to the ship, calmly examining the handful of new slaves. It was clear he was deciding which to torture, and which would be used for something else. It mattered little to Zachariel, even as every prisoner taken, including Aaran, was forced into some cage or another. Some were packed closer than others, Aaran was one of the few who had his own sell. And though he had been disarmed, there were a dispraportionate number of guards and eyes watching him. There was little chance of escape now, and with both Maestus and Zachariel's Force presence to nullify anything Aaran would try, there was no hope either.

But Zachariel cared little for that, even as the door to the shuttle closed as the final marauder entered. It was cramped enough, but there was room, not that it mattered in the end. Striding to seat himself at the largest chair present, Zachariel sank into it, watching over the hold to observe everyone and everything. He cared not that half were loyal to Maestus, he cared not that any fight would break this ship in twain. He was the lord here, and he would enjoy breaking every last prisoner, and ensuring that his own power grew with time. The ship rumbled into the sky, even as Zachariel chuckled darkly to himself. Oh yes, the torture to come would be most exquisite.

ChVAW7n_d.webp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom