Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Festerer

Status
Not open for further replies.
roach.jpg

[SIZE=9pt]Image Source: http://media.blizzard.com/sc2/game/units/zerg/science/roach.jpg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Name:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Festerer [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Designation:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Non-sentient[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Homeworld: Tynna[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Development Thread(s): Galactic Alliance Dominion of Devaron and Aleen (Individual posts: X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Breathes:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Type I[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Language:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] No language besides screeches and roars[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Average Lifespan:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] 15 years[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Estimated Population: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Scattered[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Average height of adults:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] 2.5 meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Average length of adults:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] 1.5 meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Average weight of adults[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: 150 kg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Appearance:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Carapace covers much of its body, with two scythe-like appendages on its back and front legs. Front legs are designed more to allow the creature to quickly burrow into the ground.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Highly acidic saliva can eat through materials (quality 4 and lower immediately, quality 5 and 6 take longer and are only damaged) and the creature can fire a stream of it as a ranged attack (6 meters with the stream breaking up past that point)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Creature can burrow into the ground and use the nutrients and elements in the soil to repair its carapace, with minor damaged taking a few minutes to repair while more severe damage can take hours or even days to repair (has a quality of 6 to resist several blaster bolts or physical attacks such as slugthrowers or vibroweapons)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Bladed scythe appendages can slice through up to medium armors (low quality armors between 1 and 4 can be slashed through immediately, while 5 and 6 take three or more blows to slash through)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Creature can be injured by its own saliva[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Direct applications of the Lightside will outright kill it (i.e. Force Light)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Carapace cannot stop a lightsaber at all and does not cover the creature’s underbelly[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Races: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]No distinct derivatives as of yet[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Diet:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Eats meat, prefers it partially dissolved[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Communication:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Screeches and roars[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Culture: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]No culture[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Technology level: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]No technology[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]General behavior:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Festerers are savage predators that have a streak of cunning in how they hunt prey. Festerers will utilize hit and run tactics to bring down larger prey, burrowing in and out of the ground to evade reprisal attacks. They prefer to dissolve their prey partially before consuming it using their acidic saliva. However, while they have some cunning, they only have the intelligence of a beast and thus do not have the ability to track.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]They prefer to stay hidden in their burrows and will act as scavengers/cannibals if they come across an injured creature or fellow Festerer in the occasional they leave their underground tunnels. When under the control of a dark side Force user, they are completely subservient to their master’s goals and do not have enough willpower to resist commands from such.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]History:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]In her work on developing new Sithspawn monsters, in secret and in conjecture with her master, Eldaah began to create the creatures known as Festerers on the world of Tynna. Using the native species of Tynna known as the suuri, a crustacean that is a common sight in various markerplaces around the galaxy, as the base creature to change, her master began incorporating traits from the creature known as Divviks to make a lethal monster.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Through the use of the dark side and gene therapy, the Festerer was grown to stand at 2.5 meters tall and weight 150 kg, significantly larger than its base template. The carapace that covers the creature was hardened through use of alchemy, creating sufficient protection for the creature from attacks, besides that of a lightsaber. However, the carapace does not cover the creature’s underbelly and joints. A trait that she enhanced from the suuri was in how the carapace was formed, with her master giving the creature the ability to extract nutrients and trace elements from soil that it has burrowed into and ingested (minor damaged can be repaired in a few minutes, while more severe damage can take up to several hours to even days to fix). The creatures are able to burrow through a combination of their saliva to soften rock and front digger claws, easily getting through bedrock and soil in a matter of a few seconds once completely underground. It takes between 30 seconds and a minute to burrow completely, depending on the ground underneath them (solid rock and harder soils take longer as it requires them to combine their acid with their digger claws to get through it while something like sand would take less time), and they will typically burrow down to a depth of four meters.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Perhaps most destructively is the Festerer’s highly acidic saliva. Taken from the divvik, the Festerer can eject its saliva through muscles in its jaws as a ranged attack against prey/enemies up to a distance of six meters and this saliva can eat through materials of quality 4 and below while quality 5 and 6 take damage (better materials i.e. restricted materials don't suffer damage). This saliva, once outside the creature’s mouth and specially designed saliva sacs, can also harm the creature just as effectively as its prey. If an enemy or prey is close, the Festerer also has two scythe appendages to slash with that can cut through medium armors at most.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As a Sithspawn, the creature is weak to the light side of the Force, with direct applications immediately killing the creature.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] To create a vicious new Sithspawn for use in operations against the light-side factions[/SIZE]

Eldaah Aderyn said:
+ Highly acidic saliva can eat through most materials (restricted materials take longer) and the creature can fire a stream of it as a ranged attack
Please provide the highest quality of material this acid can eat through. It shouldn't be able to outright chew through anything above quality 4. "Most materials" is far too vague, and stating that restricted materials takes longer doesn't really offer much either. Please also provide a range of the acid stream in the metric system.

Eldaah Aderyn said:
+ Creature can burrow into the ground and use the nutrients and elements in the soil to repair its carapace (has a quality of 6 to resist several blaster bolts or physical attacks such as slugthrowers or vibroweapons)
I would like you to expand a bit more on this as well. How deep can they burrow? Can they burrow under rock even or just under soil/soft ground? How quickly are they able to burrow? How long--within the fiction--does it take for the repairs to be made?

Eldaah Aderyn said:
+ Bladed scythe appendages can slice through up to medium armors
Gonna need you to be more specific here as well. Please provide the maximum quality as a number in accordance to the factory's value system for armour. And does it cut through armour like butter, or would it require multiple strikes to successfully breach the armour?

Eldaah Aderyn said:
(stronger materials like beskar and phrik take longer to eat through)
This is a no-go even with the clarifications I requested earlier. The acid shouldn't be strong enough to eat through nigh indestructible materials. So please remove this reference.

Eldaah Aderyn said:
easily getting through bedrock and soil in a matter of a few seconds.
Is this digging process or burrowing completely? If the latter, I don't imagine it taking any less than around a full minute to burrow completely; even with speed.

[member="Eldaah Aderyn"]

Once underground, understood. I am just looking for some facts on their burrowing capabilities. It's a pretty powerful ability, so knowing the limitations of it is important. If you could elaborate in the description: How long it takes them to burrow completely (as in be submerged beneath the top soil), how deep they can burrow on average, and whether or not they could carve their way through solid stone. If the latter is a possibility I would like you to include how easily they can carve through stone.

[member="Boethiah"]

Added in it takes 30 seconds to a minute, depending on the ground they are on with solid rock and harder soil taking longer as they need to use acid to weaken it enough for their digging claws while something like sand takes less time. Also added they will usually burrow to a depth of four meters.

[member="Eldaah Aderyn"]

Awesome, thanks.

I will be requiring at least 30 posts of development for the sithspawn. I'm asking for this many posts because although I see nothing wrong with the creature existing in the Chaos setting, it is quite powerful and exists in number. You are free to go about this however you'd like, whether it be exploring their creation or their use in conflict.

Please tag me when you've completed the dev thread. Additionally, if you know this will take some time or would like to pick up on the development at another time you can request to have this submission archived until then.

[member="Eldaah Aderyn"]

Hey, just checking in to see the status of this submission.

I don't want to rush you if you're working on a dev thread, but please give me an update as soon as is convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom