Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feel The Rain On Your Skin

S8LtGpo.gif
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
It was late, how late? It didn't matter. The one she loved was still asleep beside her. His chest rising and sinking with each breath passing. She smiled at him through the cover of darkness. Quietly she lifted the sheets of the bed they shared from her body and rested them beside her, standing slowly so not to wake him. Her mind was in full gear, despite having just awoken for seemingly no reason. These events had been getting more frequent as of late, though she had held back from telling Varus of such. There was no need to worry him over an inability to sleep. It seemed pointless and would only spark his concern for her. Her legs carried her silently to the window, looking out as the rain tapped its droplets of cool liquid against the window and rooftops below their room. Zeltros was still as alive as ever, despite the rainfall. It seemed these people truly partied no matter the circumstances.

A pink hand lifted and rubbed her face and forehead before dropping back down, her lips releasing a dull sigh. What is going on with you, Sera? She shook her head and turned back to look at Varus; Eyes still closed. Sitting on the floor, legs crossed, she closed her eyes, releasing her mind and body to the Force. As she did so, she entered a semi catatonic state, dedicating her focus to meditation. Her body rose slightly from the floor, a foot or so, levitating. For a few moments there was peace, solitude, and quiet. Suddenly a flash of red cast itself through her mind, then darkness. She saw a shadowed figure, causing her to noticeably flinch. A single red lightsaber ignited from somewhere in the dark. Looking on, the figure lifted the blade and cast it down, forward, causing her to scream, thereby losing focus and fell abruptly to the floor with quite an audible thud.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"]

A blue pair of eyes flashed open as the soft "thump" filled the room and disturbed him from his sleep. They were narrowed and appeared concerned as they searched back and forth through the darkness while he sat upright and pushed himself back against the headboard so that he could use it to prop himself up. That's when his eyes found her, little ways out beyond the bed in front of the large, pane glass window that was being riddled with raindrops. There sat his perfect, pink lover who he'd go through heaven and hell for, and she seemed troubled.

"Would you like to tell my why your screams echo through mind, even now that I am awake, my love?", Varus asked, having always had such a profound connection to Seraphina, and whenever she grew stressed, frightened or even angry he could feel her more profoundly through the force. He could sense how she was feeling and practically taste the fear and uncertainty about what she had just seen, though he couldn't be the one to interpret it. He was only the spectator of someone else's imagination, not the architect.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

The Twi'lek rubbed her bottom as Varus awoke and spoke. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." Slowly standing from the floor she placed her hands against the glass window, gazing outside at the rain as it poured down from the sky. "I have been having trouble sleeping lately." She closed her eyes, trying to force herself to visualize the figure she'd seen in her vision. "I saw something just now. But I don't know what." She turned to him, forcing a smile to try and ease his mind. "It's nothing I'm sure." She made her way back to the bed, climbing her way up from the bottom and slipping back beneath the sheets. The air in the room felt chilly, sending a small shiver up her back. Nestling herself on her side close to him she placed one leg over his, lightly rubbing them together.

She wasn't sure what she was seeing, so explaining it to Varus was even more difficult, and she knew that his connection to her would cause him to press the matter. Without clarity though, the vision was nothing more than a vague illusion that she could hardly make heads or tails from. What it meant, who it was, and whether it was a dream or premonition was lost on her. All she knew was that she hadn't had a full restful sleep in some time.

"We're Jedi, Sera...", Varus whispered as he felt her leg rubbing against his. "...it's never just nothing.", he told her as he turned over towards his pink lover and laid down behind her. He lined up his chest against her back and wrapped his arms around either side of her before pulling her into his chest in a tight, warm embrace. He then rested his head on the pillow right behind her head and got comfortable there against her body, outlining her form with his own. "I'm not going to make you talk about anything you don't want to, but... isn't that what boyfriends are for?", he said playfully, knowing that he wouldn't quite refer to himself as a boyfriend, though that, in a way, was all that he was for now.

They'd been feeling this relationship of theirs out for quite some time, and they were only getting closer, their feelings more potent each day that passed, which Varus was fine with. If he'd had his way he would retreat from the galaxy with her, and her alone, but that wasn't something that either of them had the freedom to really do. Whether it was past allies or enemies or even those seeking their teachings, someone would always seek one of the pair out.

"You know you can tell me anything.", he told Sera as he leaned up and gently nuzzled his cheek into her neck to get comfortable against her warm skin. "I'm here for you."

"I know." She shut her eyes briefly, relaxing into his embrace. "I don't know what it is, or what it means." Her hand lifted upwards and rested on his cheek. It was hard to explain something so vague, without the risk of worrying him needlessly over something she could hardly interpret herself. "I saw something while meditating just now." Turning back around to face him she looked him in the eye, the dim reflection of light from the moon bouncing from her eyes. "It was darkness. I saw a shadowed figure. It was followed by the glow of a deep red saber, then struck forward. That's what broke my concentration."

The vision, or premonition, had very little in the way of details or clues as to what it meant. She couldn't be certain if it was anything more than paranoia. There weren't many times in her life she had such dreams or visions. Perhaps she saw her own death? That certainly wasn't going to be something she'd share with Varus. Maybe the death of someone else important to her? With such few details there was little conclusion she could draw, but she dreaded the idea of reliving that moment again. "It could just be the stress of all the battles."

Varus listened intently to Sera as a look of concern grew on his face. He turned his face into her hand when she rest it aight his cheek in an affectionate way, and after a few moments of silence be leaned down and pressed his lips to her rather plump ones for a few moments before pulling away. "I'm sure that's an upsetting thing to see in the obscure recesses of your mind.", he told her, hoping she would realize he understood.

"Every now and again I have a hard time sleeping... night terrors I suppose, but... I know I've woken you up a time or too, even though you're good at playing pretend.", he told her, watching her with those worried looking sapphires he'd been gifted with at birth. They darted back and forth, looking between each feature of her face as he tried to gage her mood.

"I know a little stress relief always helps me any time I've had that happen to me ", he whispered to her as he leaned forwards and kissed her on the forehead this time. "Want to go for a walk? Maybe for a swim?", he asked her, not caring about the rain that was still beating down on the roof above them.

"A walk sounds good." She said, before sliding over to the edge of the bed and hopping off. The floor was rather cold, after having been beneath the warmth of the blankets, maintained by the body heat of the pair of Jedi.

"Though I know for you, a little stress relief usually entails spending the next four hours in the gym, punishing your body until it simply can't take anymore." She pulled her shirt over her head and her arms through each sleeve, before slipping into her pants. "So I hope a walk isn't too dull for you, I just need to get some air." The Twi'lek sat down for a minute, taking the time to pull on her boots that reached nearly to her knees and lace them one at a time. "Can you toss me my robe? I don't mind the rain so much, but I'd rather wear a hood."

Standing from the chair nestled near the corner of the room she began to head for the door, snatching up her pair of sabers from the end table. She wouldn't need them, but she never let them out of her sight.

Varus grabbed Sera's robe from the back of a chair in the room where she'd left it and promptly spun, flicked his hand and sent it sailing across the room for her to snatch out of the air. He then busied himself slipping on his pants before he got to his socks and his boots. He then turned and made his way back over to Sera, not bothering with a shirt as he figured that a little cool moisture against the skin might feel rather nice. "I'm in no mood for heavy metal and racks tonight, my love.", Varus whispered as he stopped next to her, turned and leaned down from above her to giver her a kiss. As he did, his hand came gently to the back of her neck and grasped her gently, pulling her head back into the palm of his hand as he pressed his lips against hers for a moment.

He moved his mouth against her gently, turning his head as he enjoyed the kiss for a few more moments before he pulled back, dropped his hand from the back of her neck and reached out to find her left hand with his right. When he did he clasped her hand with his own, lacing each of his fingers between hers comfortably as he guided her out of their bedroom to the living room and then to the lift at the back of the suite he had bought almost a year ago by that point. When they stepped into the lift Varus stepped around behind her, raising his right arm over her head as he pulled her snugly against his chest so that he could rest his chin against her shoulder.

"To the roof...", he said as he reached up with his other hand to point at one of the lift's buttons. "...or you can bring us to the floor level and we can find a long sidewalk and see where it leads us.", he told her, giving her the choice whether or not she'd like to walk or just lounge in the cool night air as the rain continued to cascade down from the cloud covered heavens above.

Catching the robe as Varus tossed it Seraphina slipped it on and adjusted it accordingly. Before she knew it though, he had made his way over towards her, his bare chested bravado for her to gaze upon. She cracked a smile but quickly adjusted to his kiss, returning it with the same passion she shared for him, her arms guiding hands over his body and up his back until he released her. Moments like that seemed to pause time for her, and she quite enjoyed the feeling. Cherishing sweet, silent moments like these made all of the bad surrounding the galaxy seem to fade away for a time, even if just a moment or two.

Once inside the lift she thought on the two options for a minute, before taking his hand and pressing the down button on the panel. She preferred to walk the streets. It gave the opportunity to see things that perhaps couldn't be seen during the day, as well as offer a bit of time away from the place they had been calling home for a while. "Let's see what the night has in store for us, hm?" She said with a bit of a smile, maintaining her best efforts to put her vision out of sight and out of mind for the time being.

The ding of the lift indicated they had reached the lobby floor. The doors slid apart, allowing the Twi'lek and her human counterpart to exit. The lights were dimmed here, and most staff was off the clock, leaving just the clerk behind the desk to smile and bid them goodbye as the pair pushed the doors leading to the outside apart.

Varus had made sure to pick up one of the umbrellas that were offered for the guests to use when stepping outside into the rain. It was one of the larger ones, and once he'd had it in his hand he flicked it open and clicked the button on it's handle in order to activate the mechanism. The umbrella extended and created a water proof, arched cap above them, which they both tucked under as they stepped out across the staircase that lead down to the sidewalk. "Keep close, little rabbit.", Varus whispered as he offered her his arm to take so that she could get more directly under the umbrella. He wasn't worried about his shoulder getting rained on just a little bit. His coat would keep him plenty dry, and he didn't much mind the moisture after all. He preferred the icy sting of the rain when the temperature dropped on the vacation hot spot of a planet, and that part about him hadn't ever changed. The only thing that really had, in fact, had been where his home had been, seeing as he'd lost everything he'd had back on Coruscant when the Sith had taken it.

"It's a beautiful night, made better by the rain, I think.", Varus said as he leaned his head forwards just a bit so that he could peer out at the dark, cloud stricken skies above them. Nothing about storms or rain had ever bothered him, and in his opinion, it showed more character about the galaxy than plain old sunny or temperately mild days. They could be cold and dark or lively with thunder, bright with lightning or even foreboding and ominous with dark clouds that slowly rolled through the black vastness above.

There was so much to appreciate in the galaxy, and the two of them hadn't even close to experienced all that it had to offer, but they were going to. If anything, Varus was determined to show Seraphina a life of joy, passion, excitement and adventure, if she'd have it that way, but really he'd never been sure just what she had wanted. Of course he could have figured that she was the adventurous and lively type based on a few character traits, but one could never be sure what was really aching and burning deep within someone's heart and soul. Something about Sera told Varus that she wanted to live life to the fullest and experience many things, and he certainly was due for some adventures himself, but he'd have been lying if he tried to convince himself that he didn't want more. That he didn't picture Sera in a flowing white dress and then years later with an interestingly bulbous belly.

These were things that he could not share, however. At least, not yet, knowing that such situations needed to be handled with care. "So... where will this sidewalk take us tonight?"

Huddling under the umbrella beside him, she latched on to his arm as it was offered. Not so much out of necessity, or fright, but out of happiness. She enjoyed the closeness they shared. It was welcoming, warm, but most of all, it felt right. She giggled at his comment to stay close, nodding in affirmation. "I'll try." She replied softly as they walked through the downpour along the street, small puddles of water splashing beneath their feet. Despite his appreciation of the rain, she had always preferred sunshine with a bit of clouds to break up the intense blue of the sky, a sandy beach, and gentle rolling waves. "I suppose there is a certain charm to the rain. It's a relaxing sound to hear it tapping against the fabric of the umbrella, or the rooftop outside of our window." She smiled, running her free hand along his chest as the pair continued on their path.

Sera shrugged at the question posed. She wasn't sure where they might end up, she really hadn't planned for it, but anywhere would be suitable, so long as he remained by her side. She simply wanted to erase the earlier vision from her memory. Whether it was simply a dream or a premonition mattered little for the time being. There was little she could do to prevent what she barely recognized. If it were a premonition, she was certain another, much more vivid occurrence would likely return. Perhaps then she could act on it.

She stopped walking for a moment, tugging on him to stop him as well. In the few moments of silence she simply looked into his eyes, the one place that she had always found entrancing were those icy blue eyes. They captivated her eternally, so much so that she could stare for hours on end. Her feet lifted her to stand on the tips of her toes. She leaned forward and kissed him softly, her eyes never leaving his as she exchanged a loving gesture with her human counterpart. "I love you." she whispered, before turning back to continue walking.

"It is a relaxing sound.", Varus admitted as he walked along side the most precious little, pink creature in the galaxy. A woman so playful, curious and outright challenging of him, but loving all the same. Intensely loving, in such a way that Varus wasn't entirely sure was possibly. A potent and unfiltered love that was actually taxing, but the more of it he experienced, the more he wanted, and without reservation for what it would take out of him. She was a rather physical creature, after all, and he made sure to keep in the best physical condition possible in order to keep her properly sated. "It's cool to the touch and constant. It's repetition soothing to the restless mind. The thunder rumbles through the skies and provides that base to the music that nature creates as the clacks of lightning remind us the elation to be had in it's crescendo..."

Before he was finished he felt a tugging on his arm, and before he knew it Sera had pulled him to a stop so that she could look up into his eyes. He stood there, watching her for just a few moments as a smile slowly crept across his lips, his eyes shifting back and forth between hers as he searched for an answer as to why she had stopped him. "Why'd w...", he started to ask before she pushed up to the tips of her toes and forced her lips against his, her pretty eyes still invading his own as she shared with him that passion she felt between them both. As she kissed him, his icy blue eyes narrowed as if he were in a sort of pain from her emotional yet physical gesture that struck a chord deep in his heart. She then broke the kiss with a light, wet smack of their lips and told him those words he wanted to hear more and more each time she said them before turning to begin walking again.

For Varus, though, that wasn't as easy as he sighed lightly and caught his breath. He hadn't been kissed like that in a long time, and it actually tightened that ever so sensitive muscle in his chest that practically bled for Sera every moment of every day. "That was... you caught me off guard.", he admitted as he allowed her to tug him along, returning to her side and making sure they were both safely under the umbrella still. In fact, he gently relinquished the umbrella to Sera as he tightened their locked arms together, making sure that she wasn't going anywhere. He didn't know what he'd do without that most immaculate, rose brushed woman in his life, and he hoped and prayed that she would never move on from his side in death or in the pursuit of something more.

He wanted her right there, with him, and nowhere else. Never again would he hurt her the way he had, and never again would he let her scamper away from him to become lost in the vast galaxy that he had practically ripped to shreds to find her. "There isn't a word in standard or any other language to describe the depths of my love for you, Sera...", Varus said, not thinking how ridiculous that might sound or how corny either. He felt like he was right in the middle of the most mushy holo drama of all time, and he was the lead male character, but he didn't care. It was more than worth it to make sure Seraphina Shel'tah knew just how much she mean to him. A simple man of simple origin trying to find purpose in a galaxy too big for the both of them.

"I like catching you off guard." She said, winking at him as they continued to walk, the female holding the umbrella with raised hand. Apparently Varus had forgotten the height difference between the two, though she didn't mind at all. She'd have blushed at his words, had her skin not camouflaged the coloration of her cheeks. A wide smile parted her lips to display white pearly teeth, her hands then dropping the umbrella to the ground as she wrapped her arms around the back of his neck and pulled herself up towards him to kiss him again. Her lekku curled slightly and wrapped around one another as she pressed her lips more passionately against his. Her eyes looked deeply into his for just a moment, before flashing closed. She held herself in the moment for several seconds before releasing him.

Her eyes darted down, noticing the umbrella collecting water as it had been upturned. She reached down, breaking the lock she held around his neck and lifted the umbrella, fanning it out to release the build up of liquid, before folding it back up, its' purpose no longer necessary given the state of wetness they both had ended up in. "So much for that." She let out a soft laugh. It was then she felt the dark, enveloping presence once more. The same one that had plagued her dreams, and her meditation. Her eyes winced, as if she were in pain for just a moment, her left hand extending outwards to grab onto Varus before falling to her knees beside him. Whatever she was feeling, or seeing, was confined solely to her. Again it was the same dark figure, scarlet blade extending and slashing forward, the sound of explosions in the distance ringing through her ears. Her right hand held tightly against her temple as she whimpered quietly in pain.

Varus smiled wide and shook his head after his woman's passionate kiss, about to say something back about her comment denoting the uselessness of the umbrella now, but before he could he watched her fall. "Sera!", he said in a worried, heightened voice as he felt her hand reach out to brace him, and not a moment later he reached down and swept her off of her feet. He then turned and ran towards a resort that was on the same street as they were, stepping up under the awning that hung over the doors to the establishment so that they were out of the rain.

"Sera...", he whispered as he knelt down and propped her up on his knee, holding tightly to her as he watched her pretty face, waiting for her to look at him with those gorgeous eyes. Waiting for her to come back to him, just knowing that she'd been stolen away by some vision or some festering darkness that had been allowed to snake it's way into her bright soul. "Fight it, Sera... you're the strongest of us all, so fight this... whatever it is.", he told her, employing her to work through whatever this was that was tormenting her mind and hurting her beautiful heart, even in those most precious moments they spent together when nothing else should have been able to come between them.

"Please...", he seemed to beg her as his worried expression grew saddened by the pain she was feeling, and in that moment he realized that the only thing he could do was try and siphon her pain away. That's when he took her hand and held it tight, closing his eyes and letting his light flow into her, replacing the darkness that was there and drawing it into himself, which caused him to gasp a short, pain filled breath as he saw what plagued her mind and pained her bright heart.

"Give me all of your pain..."

A bit more clarity came through with this vision. While she saw darkness, she also saw an endless sea of prison cells. Hundreds, maybe thousands of souls trapped behind ray shielded doors, crying out in pain for help. Varus' words were muffled, as if she were in a trance, though her hands clung to him with such desperate force she might have hurt him for all she knew. She was on Coruscant, she recognized the architecture. Some great structure she'd never seen before. Strange looking guards all around.

Her eyes snapped open and she gasped for air, like awakening from a hysterical nightmare. Her breathing was rapid and heavy. Her green eyes stared up at him, noticing he had moved them a bit away from where she had fallen. "I'm okay...I'm okay." Her voice was nothing but a quiet whisper. "I don't know what it is I am seeing, but I know this isn't a dream, or a nightmare. It is some sort of vision. I can't tell if this is a vision of another, or myself. It's too clouded still."

She released her hold on him, standing slowly, making sure her balance was all there. Her eyes looked up to the sky for a moment.

"I've never had these before. I know of other Jedi who have these visions constantly. I don't know if I like it, seeing into the future. It seems more a curse than a gift."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom