Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feed the beast! Or... bandage the beast. Pick a metaphor.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
@[member="Lady Silencia"]
Kuat
Orbit

A behemoth of a ship fell out of hyperspace, black plating scarred from heavy battle, though holding up incredibly well in spite of that. Sections of the ship were losing power, the blue lighting visible from space flickering in those areas. While intact externally, the ship was a wreck internally as most of the conflict took place within. That and time had taken a bat to the once-grand ship. Still, that was why he came to the only shipyard he knew to have experience with Destroyers of this scale.

What was left of his frozen crew manned the vital stations, but it was a skeleton crew at this point. He would have to get back to creating more. That would take time. Getting the ship up to speed was priority number one. With that in mind, he hailed the shipyards, requesting a meeting with whoever it was that ran this operation. He stood in the hangar, waiting for word, or maybe someone to show?

Still, the view of space from this ship was one he always enjoyed, if only because of the surroundings.

"Quite impressive. I've never seen a ship like that."

Lady Lorelei gave a curious glance to DiVanca, her Hand, and considered the woman's youth for a long moment. How young she was, barely 32, having grown in the spring of the resurgence. The days when ships that size prowled through the planets were long past, of course, and it took a comment like that to remind the Kuati Sovereign of her own age. The flame-haired Lady maintained her own expression of bridled awe and gave a nod in agreement, "Nor have I."

"Lord Samoth, the CEO of the Kuati Drive Yards has agreed to meet with you. A transport will arrive shortly to bring you to the Council Chamber."

Awaiting with some curiousity the man who laid claim to this behemoth ship, Lorelei quietly delved into the scans presented to her. For now there was little information on the Derriphan, its occupants, owner or history which lead her to taking this call instead of passing it on to one of the Heads of Departments. Someone of considerable skill or power was sitting at the helm of that ship and she meant to find out who. This was one vessel KDY could not afford to pass up.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
The transport arrived as shortly as she had promised. He was hesitant to leave his ship so soon after having reclaimed it, but he knew that the crew could hold its own after what they had survived. He boarded the shuttle, hiding his entirety, weapons and all, beneath his cloak. He had no need for them, but it was a display. He made sure, of course, that should anything happen to him, the ship would do what harm it could, even if it meant simply ramming the planet.

But he put all such unpleasantness out of his mind as he was delivered to the planet and lead to the Council Chamber that had been mentioned. His hood lifted slightly as he glanced about behind his mask, taking it all in. He had never been to this planet, in spite of his time in the galaxy. He found this humorous for some reason.

"Good evening, Lord... Samoth?" DiVanca greeted Reyven at the mouth of a wide corridor. The woman was primly dressed in a suit with her steely-blond hair pulled into a neat bun. She smiled quaintly, extending a hand to shake as she approached, and faltered in her stride for a moment upon walking into an unseen cloud of dark malevolence. The woman wilted, her hand falling just slightly as she shook her head. The sensation seemingly alleviated, she cleared her throat and emerged, strangely, undeterred. "I am DiVanca Leonardi, on behalf of the Kuati Council I'd like to welcome you to the KDY. If you'll follow me, the Council Chamber is right this way."

When they arrived Silencia looked up from the holoflimsy set on the table before her and looked over the man that strode in alongside her Assistant. Bold, brazen, and more than a little overdone, but it was nothing she hadn't dealt with plenty before. The woman offered him a short, knowing sort of smirk, "That is quite a ship you have there, Lord Samoth," she began, her eyes keening in on him as he entered the chamber. The hall was empty of other Councilmembers, which was just as well. Silencia did not play at Sith games here, and she would not appreciate having to cloud their minds from this man for any give length of time. It was enough keeping DiVanca complacent in his presence without having an entire room of wild-eyed Aristocrats to look after. Silencia made no effort to unmask her own presence, yet she did not hide from him either. The least she could do for him was allow him to assume he was in the presence of someone he could relate to, but certainly not domineer.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
He grinned behind his mask, taking her hand in his own metal-clad one and shaking it gently and with great control. Part of him enjoyed his attire for the fact that no one could really tell what was under it all. "A pleasure, Miss Delacross." He followed after her into a nearly-empty hall with someone going over some kind of document, though he didn't regard it very closely. He doubted it would be relevant. Still, something about her seemed very... deliberate. That was the only way to describe it.

He nodded. "It took considerable effort to construct, and a good deal of my own energy and that of my... aides. You might learn about that depending on how this conversation goes, Miss... Well, I believe you have me at a disadvantage there. It seems everyone knows me and I know so few faces in the galaxy anymore." He stepped to the center of the hall and stood there, feeling no stranger to bureaucratic dealings. "I definitely need someone capable to handle this project, though. I would assume the head of such a group is capable?"

"You may sit," the woman inclined her head towards the man, her eyes glancing shortly to the many empty seats available to choose from. From Reyven's side DiVanca moved to do just that, perhaps more accustomed to the tone of the Lady and finding within it something not so subtle.

"I am Lady Lorelei Shamalain, Head of the Kuati Council and CEO of the Drive Yards, if it pleases you," her posture drew curiously rigid as she watched the man, unsmiling, "and I'll get right to the point. You are currently standing in the galactic capital of starship crafters. It is what we do. If you really feel it necessary to pose me the question of our capabilities then I must question your moral and intellectual standing." She offered him an unpleasant smile that did not reach her eyes. Sitting back and extending a shallow sweep of her hand as though to figuratively brush off the offense taken to his inquery, the woman batted a brow at him and did smile fully, "Shall we to business then? I do not deign to waste time posturing when there is, quite clearly, so much work to be done."

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
He shook his head. "Do not be offended. You know full well as I that ships of that scale are not as prevalent as they were at the time of her construction. I have every right to question whether or not there are the facilities to handle her at this time given the rarity. It's a question if infrastructure not talent." He sighed and with a gesture slid the chair to him with ease of the Force, sitting in it. "As far as business goes, she has suffered extensive damage internally due to some... infighting amongst my crew while I was absent. I simply need everything brought to working order, and don't feel... comfortable allowing the Sith to work on it at the moment. I don't know enough about them to trust them, not that I would normally."

He leaned back in the seat and thought for a moment before continuing. "That is all I would need, mechanical restoration, nothing to the hull or decks of the ship. Her armor is... special, as is the flooring on each level. I'd appreciate it if you could see to it that your workers are sure not to remove any part of either." He made sure that she understood he was exceptionally serious about this. "Call it sentimental value, but I like the originals..." He nodded and then continued. "Other than that, wiring, computers, anything else, they can adapt at will. Though there is one section of the ship that's separated from the rest of it in terms of electronics and power supply. I will let you know where but they are not to enter there either. I cannot be responsible for the safety of anyone found there."

"Of course, your needs and requests will be fully noted on the write-up," Lady Lorelei glanced shortly to DiVanca who had her holopad out and was dutifully marking each down. "We will have any original pieces that are to be replaced moved to the cargo hold of the ship for storage where you can do with them as you wish."

She did not remark on his comment of the Sith. The KDY crafted hundreds of ships for the Sith... and the Republic, and just about everyone else. To speak of her other clients wasn't really required, as she was sure anyone who knew ships knew that a good majority of them came from here.

"This... separate chamber, is there something I need be aware of, Lord Samoth?" it was just like a Sith to house dark magics and artifacts in their personal ships. Things that could bring great harm to those not versed or powerful enough to contain them. She would certainly be sure that no one entered, but couldn't be responsible for the contents getting out if they were of their own devices.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
"No, nothing harmful inside it. It's just that I will make sure that there are guards there. Let's say what's inside is a trade secret. I'm sure you can appreciate that. Though I should advise you, don't send anyone weak of spirit. The tiling and armor that I told you I need left intact are imbued with the Darkside. The entire craft serves as a nexus for such powers. I apologize if that's any inconvenience for you but it was built in a time when I had access to craftsmen who were also Sith." He sighed, thinking back. "Still, I won't waste your time reminiscing. Is this a problem?"

It would be a bother for him if he had to find independents or, even worse, slaves to do the labor. The thought disgusted him. Still, desperate times, as the saying went.

"A challenge," she replied in turn, "no more, no less."

The Kuati Sovereign mused on this for a moment. A challenge indeed. A ship of this scale would require a large crew for repairs, and that wasn't even with details on how extensive the damage was. She would have to carefully select her workers ... and likely place her own protection upon them. So often the Darkside could spoil a man's resolve if he wasn't strong of conviction.

"The material load required for this project will be significant, as will the parameters and requirements of job itself. I'll do what I can to keep the bill on components as low as possible. With luck, the sheer size will require bulk shipments. That is, unless, you require specialized materials in which case there's not much I can do for the cost, such is the economy of unique equipment. Once we've had a chance to assess the damage and have your list of materials I'll have DiVanca send you a quote on your down-payment for the project. I assume you will be staying aboard the ship throughout the process?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom