Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Favorite SW Commanders

I wrote a similar thread to this many years ago on a different site but now I want to reboot it here for fun. As the title goes it's pretty much a question to anyone willing to share about their favorite SW commander. Everybody can post between one to three notable, great, or infamous commanders. They can range from admirals, general, warlords, officers, and all the way down to those in low-rank military wise or simply warrior who display excellent leadership qualities.

It can be characters from all forms of Star Wars(films, tv series and comics etc) and even OCs on this site as long as it's not your own characters. Personally I have several favorite commanders and war leaders but it is best that I present only one for myself.

Stazi.jpg

Admiral Gar Stazi

Being the one who held the Alliance Remnant together against the Darth Krayt's regime, Gar Stazi defied the Sith-ruled Empire of his era. Not only that he also cast aside his personal grudges with the Exiled Emperor Roan Fel and his followers to form an unlikely alliance. They alongside the New Jedi Order and Cade Skywalker eventually brought down the One Sith Order's rule over the galaxy. This Duros admiral was a flawed man and was no saint by any means. Ultimately though he became a rallying symbol to those under his command, despite his distaste with the very notion of being revered.

Stazi best displayed his tactical and strategic skills during his raid on the planet Dac's orbital shipyards. The Imperials had set up a trap for him and his fleet but instead they were counter-ambushed by his forces and Stazi escaped with a hijacked star destroyer in tow that became his new flagship and most importantly sabotaged the docks to prevent the Imps from using them again.

Another example of his strong character was following a near fatal assassination attempt on his life by one of his crew members, a Mon Cala named Tealart. After recovery from his wounds, Stazi visited the imprisoned traitor who deeply regretted his actions and explained that the Sith threatened to kill his family if he didn't cooperate. Understanding the man's situation Stazi informed Tealart that he will contact the resistance group back on Dac to do what they can for Tealart's family and personally forgave him. But the Admiral made it clear to Tealart that his betrayal cost Alliance lives and so he must be punished by court-martial and execution. The prisoner understood and accepted his fate and thanked the Admiral for what he was going to do for his family.

To me that best represents Gar Stazi's balance of a fair leader who still made hard decisions to further the Alliance Remnant's cause.

Favorite Quotes:

"Better to die in the blazing core of a sun than to surrender to the Imperials and their thrice-damned Sith allies!"
―Gar Stazi, to Admiral Nict

"We cannot pick every battle we fight, General Jaeger. Win or lose, live or die- some battles must be fought."
―Gar Stazi, speaking to General Oron Jaeger

"The galaxy is more important. If I were to fall, the battle must still go on. No one being can be more important than the cause."
―Admiral Stazi, to his aide, Captain Jaius Yorub

Stazi: "You struck a superior officer, Jhoram Bey."
Bey: "For the good of the service, Admiral. And under the implied orders of Captain Yorub."
Stazi: "Still, such an act cannot be permitted without consequence. I'm appointing you to Captain Yorub's position as my second. Teach you not to hit an admiral."
―Gar Stazi and Jhoram Bey, after the Battle of Mon Calamari

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom