Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fate and Destiny, blah blah. Let's fight.

Ari Zanareth

A
Kashyyk

[member="Jessica Matthews"]

She'd learned of the Silver Jedi's move and made her own moves as well. At Mirial she'd been abandoned, and left to die. Rebar through the sternum, bleeding out. She'd watched her unit of Antarian Rangers get slaughtered by Sith forces.

And now she was here for revenge. She was hiding amongst the trees, chartered flight close, but not to close. One hand on the hilt of her saber. She'd hunt down the prominent Silver Jedi and settle her score, one by one. This on Jessica Matthews. She was somewhat of a legend among them.

And then Stephanie Swail.

She'd save her old commander, Valkren for last.

That one would be nice.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
A midnight vision had told Jessica of mysterious woman arriving to their new home. Her purpose and face was shrouded in the Darkside of the Force. Even a Jedi Master couldn't see it clearly. Thusly, Jessica had come alone to see what this strange vision had to prove.

It was a fisherman's warf. A long jutting pier that extended out from the giant trees and over the waterline beaches. Strong and wide as the Wookiees love to build em'. A quiet breeze on the night air and a full moon to guide them.

Jessica waited in long flowing silver robes. Waiting for fate and destiny to show itself. Waiting for [member="Ari Zanareth"] .

Ari Zanareth

A

She hadn't had to wait long/ The Jessica woman was there. In her flowing Silver robes. Ari felt her lips curl into a sneer as she exited the brush and approached. She was a different sort of Sith. There'd be no monologues about the righteousness of her cause, nor her motivations. All the propaganda was for the empire and their toys,

No this was much more personal. This was retribution for a betrayal.

She came within fives paces, and threw out two silver tags, letting them land on the wood deck between them. They'd state her name, occupation and personnel ID number. This Jessica would know who it was she faced before she faced her. She would know the blonde that stood before her could have been a hero, could she have had the proper support.

Blue eyes peered intent and ravenous across her body, sizing up her adversary.

Then her plain silver hilt smacked into her palm, and blazed to life. A crimson blade erupting with a snap hisssssss....

But after all formalities were custom. She gave the woman a bow, something only old school swords men did. A gesture of respect.

"You must understand why I'm here then?" She asked.

Her head cocked as she asked the question, body ready to react to anything...

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica seemed confused. Though, battle was a midnight home to her noble spirit. In war, she knew. In war, she understood. This woman that stood before her. This, [member="Ari Zanareth"] . Yes. Her fury and righteous indignation. Oh yes indeed. Jessica knew it well. Far, far too well for some.

But alas. Why was Ari here? Mmm. Well, that answer Jessica did not know. For even visions can be clouded by the greatest of emotions. Clouded by the Darkside of the Force. So it was that her voice must be made the flashlight. To shine the truth into the darker places of the soul.

She so began anew,

"Speak fair warrior! Let thy words be the first cut of they crimson blade. For I am with thee. And thee are with me. So let us speak then. One warrior to another."

She held her empty palms open to the moon. Her sword she had not drawn in reply.

"Speak then. That I might knew thee better girl."

Ari Zanareth

A

The Jedi woman spoke and Ari pointed to the tags.

"I've come for retribution. The Silver Jedi left me and my men behind on Mirial. Ari Zanareth, Antarian Ranger, ID Number 61550, Captain of Besh Company. But you wouldn't know that or care would you?"

Posion came off her words, echoing with tinctures of force radiance.

"I know you though. Jessica Matthews, esteemed Master of the Silver Jedi Order. Even now you abandon your loyal citizens on Voss to move to fething jungle hell hole. Filled with creatures that could care less about you."

She shifted one foot back, her right foot and let the crimson blade go diagonal across her body, squaring her hips with Jessica, but only in subtle moves.

" You weren't there that I know of. But fighting you will send a message. Hopefully it makes its way back to Valkren and Valae, win or lose. I'll be hunting them."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
And so posion it was. A mind black with madness and despair. A fallen spark. A brightness enshrouded. This, [member="Ari Zanareth"] of Mirial. A woman who could not even see herself.

How Jessica pitied her.

"Ari Zanareth. Antarian Ranger. I speak now to you as you are. As you have always been. Hear me and repent. For I am not your enemy."

She pointed a finger straight into Ari's core,

"Look there great warrior. See your enemy for yourself. See you the pain and hatred you carry with you. See you the faces of the dead that haunt you. ...Is this all that you are now? Is this what they, your good men, would have wanted? Is this any way for a soldier of Besh Company. A Captain. To revenge her honor! Her duty!"

Jessica raised a finger to the midnight sky and waited for the dam of the heavens to burst,

"This prophecy I now speak with great power. With the Force as my witness. You cannot best me, without first besting thyself."

And with a flourish of her wrist the Jedi Master withdrew her own great blade. Burning it's bright blue plasma with a new and brilliant glare.

"Come Ari. And let me know you better girl."

Ari Zanareth

A

Ari snorted.

"They're dead now Jedi. And this pain and hatred was what gave me strength to keep going after a piece of rebar pierced my guts. No Jedi around to save me."

She centred herself a bit more on Jessica, drawing a pace closer, and keeping her diagonal guard.

"Your words fall upon deaf ears."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica's eyes knew better.

"Then let words not be enough."

She gave to [member="Ari Zanareth"] the opening stance of Djem So.

"Show me your will."

Ari Zanareth

A

She recognized that, form, though only just. Djem So. Ari knew nothing about it. As a Padawan most of her focus had been on Niman, with Makashi as a background art. But the two leant themselves well to adaptation. How she would fare against the Master, she was unsure.

Which made her angry.

Adrenaline thundered through her veins, heart hammering in her ears.

"So be it," Ari snarled.

She stepped and stuck, a quick flourish of the wrist that snapped her crimson blade out, swinging right across Jessica's body then back left in a flurry.

At the same time her off hand curled, trying to lasso her foot in a force push. Keeping an enemy off balance was paramount to a good offence.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
A blue blade caught and clashed, a flurry of red. A flick of the wrist and a Force Push went realing sideways. Crashing and smashing into railing beyond.

Then came a Jedi's counter with great and terrible power. A hurling slash to mid-guard. Torn and formed with the damning construct of Djem So.

Her feet were light. Her momentum forward. Jessica prepared The Waterfall.

Yet. There in her eyes lay a mirror most bare,

~ "You cannot best me. Until you have bested yourself" ~

​.

[member="Ari Zanareth"]

Ari Zanareth

A

Her push was awry, shattering wood into splinters. It worked just as well for the woman. She let the return blow glance her, grunting in pain as it grazed her abdomen, and seared green fatigue to flesh.
"Gahh!"

With her blade still out in the woman's space, she pressed her attack,

Sliding forwards, until they were less than an arms length away from one another. Her left hand force swept the splinters of the railing, aiming for Jessica's eyes, whilst her right rammed the crimson shaft of her saber down in a V shaped strike, directed at the torso. It was aggressive, risky even. But she was not one to shy from pain.
Maintain the assault. Keep the initiative...

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Her opponent slipped to one side. Ramming shoulder to good shoulder in pain and with guts. A smash that brought her wrist to [member="Ari Zanareth"] 's lunging blade. With blue to counter red. Back up, up, up, and away.

The splinters slipped through her hair. Across the fine prick of her neck and down the flowing train of her dress. If they did damage, it did not show. For this battle was one in motion. Two swords. One goal.

"Harder!"

The Jedi called as she pushed deep into Ari's space. Her eyes still a burning mirror within. Shoulder released shoulder and the two women spun apart. Like two trains passing in the night.

Then a blue sword raised skyward and let fall it's harsh breath fall. An overhead chop to high guard. Feet forward. Momentum turned. Falling sharply and harsher than before.

Relinquish your anger Ari. There is nothing here to gain. I am not your enemy...

Ari Zanareth

A

Hubris was an unwelcome trait to the Blondes mind. But she was guilty of it. Normally shrewd, she'd overestimated her ability and soon found the pit falls of that attitude as the blue blade slashed into her shoulder. Ari roared backing a step away, Smoke rose from the wound and she felt herself numb the pain, applying rage in its place.

Chit.

Mobility was the woman's game, and it was beginning to let on. She knew she couldn't take another hit like that, but neither retreat as well. Left arm was done, time to switch tactics.

Her right hip and toe angled for Jessica, right arm out, elbow loose; with the blade extended point first towards her enemy.

Then she lunged, letting her left arm dangle, teeth bared.

The point of her blade danced around the womans guard, then thrust and retracted, transitioning to a backhand flourish across her body, left to right....

Smoke still curled in wisps from her abdomen and shoulder...

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Her Jedi opponent slapped away at the lunges in quick glides of her sword. Angle, angle, angle. Twist, twist, twist. Here there was hints of Soresu in her wrists and elbows. Yet, her footing and near distance remained Djem. For she did not retreat to give [member="Ari Zanareth"] 's sword the clever spacing of Makashi's fencing style. Rather, Jessica paddled upward with raw strength, built muscles, and quick slaps away. Tap, tap, tap. So just when the final blow came, she planted her feet, pushed with her thighs, and cut deep, deep into the blow. Harder and more raw than ever before.

Smash!

Like thunder. Her power stroke rang the bell.

Yet, this uphill assault was taxing to her body. Burned stamina, drained focus, tightened the shoulders, and labored hard against the flesh. A younger woman's game for a younger woman's lungs perhaps. But it was Jessica's game too. For this is what she trained for. This was the weight by which she measured her warrior's metal. This labor. This grit. This holy work of body and mind. It was her temple. It was familiar, exercised, and tested to it's core. This was her labor, this was her Djem So, and this was her passion too.

So fell The Waterfall. ...High guard smash. Break her guard. ...High guard smash. Break her guard. ...High guard smash! Break her guard into pieces!

Thus. When strength was required, strength was gained, and multiplied two-fold. Not because the Force made it so. But because skill had turned to art. A Master swordsman. Painting their crescendo.

​Stop this now Ranger. Surrender. Surrender. I, was never your foe...

Ari Zanareth

A

Ari grinned. After so many blows, she was beginning to wind the Master. She could feel her stamina falling. Her blows were becoming weaker. Each downward slash was not met by a strong parry but rather a back step, and flick of the wrist, to push Jessica's blade of course. They were just enough to conserve energy, but keep her hammering away.

Mobility was now her next move.

She V stepped, back and left, then right at an angle, placing her lead foot and hip squared to Jessica's left side.

Another two thrusts, and then a downward flourish for her shoulder. Her own wounds still stung, and she wondered if perhaps this was the moment in which their strengths were equal....

"I can never surrender. I must have my revenge, or devastation at your hands Master Matthews. You must know this is the way of the Sith. I Know you know....."

It was a ploy, a bold faced lie. Whether she won or lost, she cared not. She just wanted the Silvers, noticeably [member="Stephanie Swail"] to know she was coming for them.

All of them.

But in time.
Bishop to Queen five.... Checkmate

Jsc

Disney's Princess
There was a moment when Jessica stopped. Left her guard open. Watched as a bright crimson blade passed naught but mere centimeters from her own tender face. The passing cut illuminating her features in a pale bloodmoon glow. The mirror in her eyes turned red, like blood, and her flowing hair changed to shadow.

Tired? No. She was just getting started.

Blue fires rising. Jessica continued her cascade. Paddling upward on that jagged river's cuts. Like a bull charging the gates, she continued. Denying spacing. Denying rest. Denying Ari every subtle gesture. Oh yes, [member="Ari Zanareth"] wanted a fight and a fight she got. For there were few who could call an artillery barrage of power "manageable". Even fewer still who could look the gun in the mouth and say "I have time".

Yet the full vigor of Jessica's assault lay in the quiet tenor of her mysterious eyes. The deep peace and stillness that guided every tempestuous blow. The math behind the mirror's edge. Ticking away. Ticking away. Ticking away. Smiling, at every crimson glow.

Retreat and live Ari Zanareth. This is not your grave...

Ari Zanareth

A

The only way to fight a fire was with its own likes. For every step she took forwards, Ari matched. Her booted lead foot slid toe to toe with the Masters and she grinned. It was a wicked horrible grin, with a flash of orange in those irises. Despite her mangled left arm and her abdomen on fire, she still had a few tricks left.

A large part of her was enjoying this. The pain, the thrill. The Cunning. In a way that no Jedi could.

Through Jessica's eyes she could tell she was focused as well, fully invested.

Now was the time for something new.

Her lead foot slid further, almost until they were touching hips, and hooked left, behind Jessica's right.

Two fingers on the hilt extended, launching an uppercut of force energy to the bottom of the master jaw.

Followed by a high parry, flicking her blue blade off course, and a correction, lunging the crimson plasma to try and spear her left shoulder...
"There is no retreat. Only victory and defeat."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica's knee deepened to reinforce [member="Ari Zanareth"] pin. Sliding, so that the lock was solid. Tense. Two could play at this game and Ari would soon discover that Jessica had a little Reaver in her too.

Alas. The uppercut was the perfect compliment to such a pin and came before Matthews could dominate into a move of her own. Her head snapped back and her glossy eyes clasped shut with distress. Then came the spear,

Blue eyes flared open and a Jedi pushed powerfully with her knees. Buckling her own legs into Ari's stance whilst also kneeling down herself. The red spear climbed up and over Jessica's right shoulder as the Jedi Master finally rolled out of the way. Probably discombobulating Zanareth in the process.

Matthews rose with a slight frown.

"She touched me?"

Came the soft disbelief as time on the battlefield froze still.

"She. Actually touched me."

Charred silver fabric smoldered from off her right shoulder. Yet it was her pride that stung worse than the senseless cut. After all, Ari had actually scored a hit. This... Little upstart. This, raging teenager. This Master-less little bird, of no rank, of no sense, and of no reknown; had actually touched her?

"Impossible."

Jessica spun around as time returned to her.

"Attempted murder?"

Yet, before she could monologue further. The Force alerted both parties like wedding bells in spring. More Jedi were coming. This battle had been sensed far and wide. Soon retreat would no longer be an option for [member="Ari Zanareth"] . Or worse. Jessica would be required to enforce the full potential of her station. She would be required to bring Ari in.

A military trial? Attempted murder of a Jedi Master? Unlawful invasion of Kashyyyk? Oh no. How would the law see all of this. How could Jessica now forgive Ari and let her rejoin their merry crew.

"...It is finished."

The Jedi Master stood up straight. Sword to low guard. Her wound uncaring.

"Now I know you. Ari Zanareth. And this conversation is finished."

Noise on the beachhead. Lights in the windows. The Force tingling with the near arrival of others. Yet. What came next, only Jessica's opponent could write.

​Go Ari. Run. You will not get another chance...

Ari Zanareth

A

Ari was zealous, but not stupid. She knew what the ripples meant and felt a bit of rage come from Jessica. Her lips curled in a smile, wounds still smoking with wispy grey.

"I admit, you are more clever than I imagined. Allowing the others to sense us. No matter. Give my regards to [member="Valae Kitra"],[member="Stephanie Swail"] and [member="Valkren Calderon"]."

She glanced back over her shoulder, keeping a wary eye on Jessica.

Then locked eyes with her one last time, icy blues piercing hers.

"Let them know that I still live. And I'll be making a social call, very soon."

A small puff of smoke, wreaths of sand and crackles of lightning lit up the area. Her last burst or free darkside energy, in a theatrical distraction, whilst her very deep reserves went into a dead sprint, mangled left arm dangling. Towards the shuttle....

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica let her go.

No. She, had to let her go. Capture now would only mean the worst of fates for Captain Zanareth now. Her sins. Venom. Hatred. That, the Silver Jedi could forgive. Retribution. Revenge. These things they could make recompense. But to wield the Darkness against her sisters? To pervert The Force into a tool of gasping death? To lunge to kill and smile with every step?

No. This, even the Jedi could not forgive. For this. There would be consequences.

Alone. Jessica stood on the warf as the other Jedi Knights began to swarm the midnight sands. Their eyes peeled for any sense of combat. For any sign of an intruder. An invader in the virgin sands of their new home. A trespasser whispering against the wind. Yet. Jessica's eyes held only pity for the woman who had disappeared. Only pity for the broken soul who had stung her. Pity and regret for Ari Zanareth.

A woman alone in the dark.

"Goodbye Captain. And please. Stay safe."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom