Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fall Risk Management

It was a nice change, Asemir Lor'kora decided. The place didn't stink of unwashed bodies or alcohol-stained clothes or regurgitated body fluids. There were no clouds of greasy smoke from all of the cigars and other burning volatile hallucinogens. Hidden air scrubbers took care of that problem. The dim lighting added a soothing atmosphere. There was even a live band playing some neo-retro-classic-jazz piece originating from some distant sector of the galaxy.

Yes, it was quite nice. Certainly a very good change from the various dive bars or hidden taverns that he was forced to frequent because of his trade. It really wasn't a habit he had intended to pick up, of course, but the nature of his targets meant that they typically did not hang out in such classy joints as the Federal Lounge. That or they owned such places, but that was pretty rare. And often times extracting the target left the establishment a mess.

Asemir wasn't really a big fan of alcohol and drinks and all that entailed, but he did enjoy the taste of some of the better poisons in the galaxy. And, since he wasn't on a job and his last job had netted a decent payout, he thought he was due a little treat.

The tumbler of muted blue liquor's ethanol was nearly masked by a hint of something that reminded Asemir of his childhood. He couldn't place it, and wasn't sure if it was some food or drink he had tried decades ago in the Temple. Or maybe it was something he had found during his numerous deployments. He couldn't quite remember, but it was nostalgic and calming, and that was good.

The ingr'nysk took a sip, savoring that memory, and sighed. His body ached, a familiar and yet strange sensation. It was a sign that he was getting old, at least it felt that way, even though he had not even reached the median age of his people. Perhaps it was just the effect of having seen so much during his seven decades. Or maybe it was just weariness. He wasn't sure.

One thing he was sure of, as he straightened his back and felt the vertebrae cracking, was that it was good to take a break. Too much running, too much gunning, too much ducking. The calm of the Federal Lounge was nice. That music he couldn't recognize but knew fit this place like a custom tailored glove was also nice. The drink was nice. Letting his apprentice take a break was nice. Not having to worry about getting killed was nice.

He raised his glass slightly in a toast to no one. Life was nice today. For once.

Tinley Ling

I'm a Tinker, I tinker with things
"Either you give me the amount of credits we agreed on in the first place or I the sounds system I just fixed for your sorry butt and smash it over your head," Tinley gritted out through clenched teeth. The bar owner stood before her with his arms crossed. He was taller than the Tinker but she was pretty sure that it wouldn't be too hard to hit him on the head with a speaker. A small droid beeped beside the two of them, its outer shell clearly patched together with scrap metal.

"Alright, fine girl. I'll give you the 200 hundred credits," the bar owner sneered. "It's not like I'll be using your services in the future." With that the man shoved the credits into Tinley's hand and stalked off. With a sigh, Tinley smooth her hand over her thick black hair. "Let's go D7, at least we got paid."

Making their way through the the bar a quick but frantic beep alerted Tinley. Looking down she noticed that one of the scrap metal patches on the droid has fallen off revealing internal wires. "Shoot," with hurried movements the Tinker scooped up her droid and the detached piece. Setting both on the nearest table next to [member="Asemir Lor'kora"], small tools were pulled out of a utility belt. "Hang on, I'll have you fixed up in no time."

Like that of another resident of the club, Zaiden found himself relaxing far more than should be considered acceptable. But when you commit the kinds of atrocities as he had done a mere decade ago, many people never forgot! So he had remained hidden, well mostly dead, but since his return had been in hiding on his favorite of all planets. Attempting to control something so massive, while remaining lost to the galaxy, now this was a difficult thing to do that's for sure!

Clad in a stolen Cater Coat, which oddly enough came with a hood attached, Zaiden reclined in a seat to the far side of the other Master in the room. He doubted he would be noticed by any, yet still he kept a clamp on his Force aura using Art of the Small - the Stealth Master was only noticed when he wanted to be. Underneath that stolen coat was unremarkable clothing, and that in itself was..odd.

He rarely went anywhere without a rich ensemble, and dozens of weapons hidden everywhere on his person. Surprisingly he was barely armed now as well, which was never the case; but he truly wanted to relax and could not do so while ready to throw blows with any and every body that showed itself.

Lazily swirling the amber liquid found in the crystalline structure that is his glass, he wished to extol the burning sensation but settled for eyeing it quietly.

There were others at the bar, all nursing drinks or engaged in conversation. One man sat with an overcoat and hood and stared at his drink. It was pretty much what Asemir was doing, and that amused the Forgotten just a bit. He idly wondered about how that man's life was going, about his story and what brought him to the Federal.

There was a clatter of tools and the dull thud of a solid object being set on a less solid table. Asemir set his glass down and looked over, seeing a young human woman examining a battered droid. He glanced at the bartender, saw the man's scowl and sigh, and looked back at the woman as she started to patch up the droid. She reminded him of Taci, in a way.

Asemir shrugged, slid off his stool and walked towards the woman and her machine. "Hello there. Do you need any help? Can I buy you a drink?" he asked with a grin. And then quickly added, "And I mean that in an honest-no-ulterior-motives kind of way."

OOC:
[member="Tinley Ling "]What kind of droid is D7? Astromech, I assume?

[member="Razor Shot"]

Zaiden looked up, past the peripheral of his hood, and stared at the younger woman. She was beginning to fix a Droid; which was something Zaiden could appreciate, thanks to his own skills in engineering and mechanics. He had built the first REX Droid bare handed, with zero help, to which he would later commission them to work for the Lords of the Fringe.

It was then he noticed another man (lol never knew if your AV is actually a Droid or armor. Let me know if it needs an edit) walk closer to the woman, seemingly to offer assistance. The man caught Zaiden's attention, for though he did nothing to show it, Zaiden sensed a great deal of power behind the man. He was either a Master or the strongest Knight he had met since Rave and Damien.

Rising slowly, he stepped closer and sat at another booth - as he moved however, a slight Force Cloak enveloped him, so unless he had been spotted prior, many would believe him having sat at his current location the entire time. It was close enough now, though, that he could hear the man and woman as they spoke.

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"] @Tinley Ling

Tinley Ling

"You know D7, I think once the company starts pulling in more acts we will be able to get you really spruced up. I'm thinking chrome, chrome gives a sense of high standards. Royal like maybe," Tinley chatted to the droid. Busy fingers worked with small tools to repair the fallen piece.

Hearing a hello off to the side, she turned with a smile. [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] was a tall man and looked formidable to say the least. His tone was friendly though and Tinley was in no way one of those force user people so to her he was just a man. "Thanks, a drink would be awesome. As for my metal friend here I can manage. He's been through a lot but sturdy as ever," she replied cheerfully totally unaware of [member="Razor Shot"] who was nearby. Wiping grim off her hands on worn dark jeans, she then held out it to Asemir, "Tinley Ling, Tinker."

OOC: D7 is just a patched together mesh of various droids. Tinley made him out of other droid pieces as a child.

OOC:
[member="Razor Shot"]
My avatar is Asemir's armor, or at least a rough approximation of it. It's not as bulky as it looks in the image, it being made of nanomachines and such. But it conveys the general principle.

Also, as an FYI because I really didn't describe it in my post, but Asemir isn't wearing his normal armor at the moment. Just "normal" clothes, whatever that might be. Cloak and stuff?

[member="Tinley Ling"]
Ah, got you. Good thing I asked! :)

IC:
He took the offered hand and shook it firmly. "I am Asemir. Contractor. It is nice to meet you, Tinely." He nodded towards the droid, noting its mismatch of parts, and gave Tinley what he hoped was a friendly smile. "To be honest, I'm glad that you can handle the droid. Frankly, I'm not that mechanically inclined, so I'd be at a loss if you had accepted my offer for help."

As he spoke, something nibbled at the back of Asemir's mind. Just a very subtle itch. Like he was being watched, or something. It wasn't strong enough for him to really know what it was, but it was there nonetheless. More like a sixth sense than anything else, something he had developed after over a half century of spec-ops work. Just enough that he was no longer completely relaxed, not that he truly ever was.

"So, what would you like? Something strong? Sweet? None of the above?"

Ooc: Thought so.

Ic:
Zaiden continued observing the duo as they spoke, then when the man spoke of a drink, he waved a nearby waitress closer, "Bring them whatever they wish, on me." He said, then she flashed a smile and headed closer to them. Meanwhile, Zaiden reached out into the Force to touch the Droid with his energy. While the woman was distracted by Asemir, Zaiden utilized the skills he possessed in Mechu Deru to make minute changes to the structural casings of the Droids body, then lastly its mind which he made into a much more powerful processor through enhancing memory banks combined with a few more minor tweaks.

It took only a second or two, but would be a noticeable difference. What was a junker Droid built of random parts, she would find now needn't constantly be repaired as often, and would be a capable intelligence to companion herself with. Why did he do it though? The God of Shadows did many things on a whim.

It was then the waitress would finally reach them and ask if they needed anything, explaining that a random patron offered to pay for anything they wished without a limit on price.

Tinley Ling

"Appletini please," she said to [member="Asemir Lor'kora"]. "I know it is a wussy drink but I can't get enough of them. I work for a circus so there is always crazy drinks being passed around."

With expert hands the fallen piece of casing was placed on D7 who had been oddly quiet during the process. What was weird though was the fact that the metal felt a bit different all of a sudden. The droid was also acting different but not majorly. Probably just her imagination though. "So what brings you to a place like this," Tinley asked Asemir. "I doubt you are here for the music."

[member="Razor Shot"]

(OOC: Sorry guys, Christmas got crazy)

OOC:
Sorry for the major posting delay. Holidays and work have been killer.

IC:

Asemir shrugged. "Nothing special really. I needed a break from work, and pay day just happened, so I figure I'd splurge a little. Why not? You only live once." He grinned. "Plus, the music isn't that bad, is it?"

He moved to wave down a server but found that a waitress was already waiting. Odd, Asemir thought.

"The lady would like an appletini and I will have another of this," the Forgotten said as he handed her his glass.

"Very good." The waitress bowed her head with a smile. "The gentleman over there has offered to purchase your drinks."

As the waitress left to fetch their orders, Asemir took a good look at the man. Hooded and hunched over a drink, he didn't offer the Ingr'nysk much in the way of recognition. Asemir's internal alarms started blaring caution.

"Well Tinley, do you know that guy?" he asked the tinkerer.

[member="Tinley Ling"]
[member="Razor Shot"]

Casting his gaze towards the duo once more, he saw they made orders, and he raised a glass in salute when the man looked his way. Taking a healthy drink from the crystalline container, he smiled down at it, for it was so odd to be able to drink and never be inebriated. Hence his recent dabbling in chemicals, drugs, and other things to aid in mood altering effects.

Hell, he was high as a kite right now!

Maybe that was why he was inclined to help two people he never met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom