Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Update | 1/3/18

Progflaw99

6WFQvYQ.png
-- -- --
Faction Staff:
Rolf Amsel (Faction Owner)
[member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Ara Zambrano"] (Faction Admins)
[member="Asharad Graush"] (Faction Moderator)
Faction Mandate: Relentless Horde
Faction Capital: Avalonia, Dosuun
-- -- --
Long live the First Order! Congratulations are in order for all of you as we end one year and jump into the next! Last year we made an offensive into Alliance territory, and we find ourselves once more at opposing ends of the sword. With the First Order victory over the Galactic Alliance at the L-49 Hex, we've started the new year off with a big bang! There are a few changes I'd like to mention within the First Order in case we hadn't let everyone know what was official. But first - I'd like to take a moment to recognize one of our members as they transition from our Admin team back to the general pool of plebians :p
It is with a measure of sadness that I let you all know that [member="Natasi Fortan"] has stepped down as a faction admin. Her contributions have been above and beyond anything we could have expected from a single person and though she won't be participating on the admin team, she has said she'll be sticking around and writing with us still! I can't count the number of times I've been grateful to have her as not only our faction owner but also during her time on the admin team, she's been a valuable team member and mentor and I'm sad to see her go, but also excited as hopefully this will give her a breath of fresh air - and without my whip constantly overhanging her, she might actually be able to get a few personal posts out with her characters too!
As you all know, [member="Ara Zambrano"] has been helping us out as a faction moderator, making graphics, organizing threads, and being kind of our go-to person for new members and updating rank threads. She does a lot behind the scenes too so if you didn't know before - trust me, she does a lot for us. Along those lines, we're happy to welcome Ara onto the Admin team as a Faction Admin. In truth, she's been doing the job already but I figured it's about time we make it official :) So welcome to the team!

I would also like to note, that I am extremely thankful to have [member="Samka Derith"] and [member="Asharad Graush"] on the faction staff team as well, they both contribute greatly to the faction, and I am very grateful for not only their assistance in keeping threads and forums updated but also their opinions and judgement. Thanks!
Wx3o3W5.png
With that bit spoken to, I imagine you're all pretty excited to hear what grand new plans and ideas have been oozing down the pipeline. So without further ado, I'll go ahead and make a few notes regarding our present state and where we're headed - provided the faction members and my fellow staff agree. These are the overall plans, so I'm hoping that be seeing where our overall arcs are going, the member base can start their own threads in the same theme of the overall plot arcs. I'll start with the current situation.
SITREP
The First Order has successfully established a blockade of the L-49 Hex (According to the Galactic Standard Map). Though losses were significant and the Supreme Leader's flagship suffered heavy damage, the coordination and effective fleet deployment the only thing allowing the First Order to keep its stranglehold across the Hydian way and deeper into the sector. Unknown to the First Order, a simultanous strike of the neighboring sector near Dagobah. Even now data is still incoming, the FOSB hard at work deciphering scattered reports from both sides of the battle - the victor is unknown. The most damaged of the First Order fleet have withdrawn for repairs and modifications but an agile blockade force remains, supplemented by reinforcements traveling at sub-light to reinforce the blockade further. In a state of high alert, the First Order continues to beat the drums of war after a brief ceasefire. Most surprising very well could have been the Supreme Leader himself participating in the battle, almost seemingly in direct conflict with the Grand Moff's drive towards peace only months before. Times are changing.
First Order Government
The War Cabinet assembles as the First Order government finds itself on war footing again. Ostensibly a group of trusted advisers to the Grand Moff, the War Cabinet seems more like a team of ambitious rivals, each with an agenda and a vision for the prosecution of the war. Grand Moff Fortan finds her position tenuous as her once-solid partnership with the Supreme Leader becomes fractious following Sieger Ren's reinstatement of the war only months after Fortan's hard-fought peace agreement was signed. Meanwhile, members of the cabinet jockey for influence and look to expansion, even as rumblings of an old menace surface. As galactic war rages outside the First Order's borders, internal struggles are beginning to heat up -- for control of resources, for the Supreme Leader's favor, for the support of the people, and for the very soul of the First Order. ( Written by: [member="Natasi Fortan"])
First Order Military
Alongside the Cabinet, the highest echelons of the First Order Stormtrooper Corps along with the Admiralty have convened to discuss the tactical situation. Assisted by the First Order Security Bureau, they aim to establish a concrete timetable and timeline as well as focus on ironing out the logistics of this new surge of conflict. While it was obvious some preferred the relative peace established by the ceasefire it has become glaringly obvious that a larger majority itched for all out war. Lead by Sieger himself the offensive was executed, but going forward they found their position more precarious. Morale and superior technology would only get them so far, what they needed were sound tactics. Analyzing combat data from the most recent conflict, the military now moves towards learning from the encounter as they push the offensive.
First Order Security Bureau
The First Order's Premiere intelligence gathering agency has had no small hiccups of its own. From incomplete data to outright incorrect data, the Bureau has been instructed to shape up, or face the consequences. Following an influx in recruitment, the FOSB has had no small share of accidents but starting to form is a core group of special agents and top brass that are finally making the correct moves. With new blood and a concrete purpose, the agency has doubled down on its directive to collect, analyze, process, and execute data and operations to assist not only the formal military forces of the Order but also work with the Order of Ren, the mysterious dark side cult lead by the Supreme Leader himself. As the conflict moves from open combat towards a more agile and precise method of warfare. Some of the most versatile of the First Order's organization, the FOSB has stepped up to the plate - the real question is can they stay there.
The Order of Ren
Having undergone a somewhat radical change in the last months, the Order of Ren is no longer a Force Sensitive exclusive club. With the return of Sieger Ren and his Praetorians, even those not blessed (or cursed) with sensitivity in the Force are able to join the brotherhood. Though they face a much harder road, the Supreme Leader awards his flock by merit. A non-force user can still kill a Jedi, just as one in tune with the Force. If you can hack it, you can join. Going back to their roots, the Order of Ren has taken a more radical approach to teaching combat techniques - techniques while their connection to the force is suppressed under the influence of Ysalamiri, now native to the planet of Virgilia. Training under the most difficult of circumstances ensures victory under any conditions - with or without the manipulation of the Force. Additionally, Knights of Ren and their disciples have been tasked with actively rooting out sects of Jedi not only in and around First Order space, but to make a violent effort to cull the enemy where they sleep. The days ahead look grim, but with the Supreme Leader returned and his presence commanding, the Order of Ren stands ready to bring order to the galaxy. By force.
Wx3o3W5.png
OOC Notes:
You guys are awesome! 2017 was an exciting years, we've had a lot of ups and downs, a lot of people come and go, but we've made a heck of a story. Let's keep that up into 2018! I'm really excited, myself and staff have come up with a few overarching themes we want to really play out this year and we'd love to have your input. As it stands, Dominions have an approval process, but don't think of them as dominions. Any story can be a dominion so as long as you can get people interested in the story, let's write it! As far as overarching plots go, I'd like to discuss the details with my staff first, but we'll have a much clearer idea of where we're going once we start our series of themed threads. As always, if you have suggestions, concerns, or comments, feel free to post them below! Welcome to 2018, and welcome to the First Order!

I am both saddened, yet relieved too in hearing that [member="Natasi Fortan"] is remaining with us here in the First Order. I can only second what [member="Rolf Amsel"] has said in the amazing job that you've done as one of the Administrators for this Faction. Your efforts have been of massive benefit to the First Order as much a struggle as such things can be, I've greatly admired the fight you've put up for ensuring us a clear way forward. While I can breath a sigh of relief knowing that you're not leaving us, I will say that I hope your stepping down awards you some room to relax and enjoy the In-Character stories/experience to come. Thank you for all your hard work, Natasi.

[member="Ara Zambrano"], congratulations are in order. I've certainly been aware of your efforts put in favor of the factions background needs and your priority over the administration side of things. This is most certainly well deserved and I'm glad to see you're being recognized and appreciated for the hard work, effort and time you've been dedicating to our wonderful faction here. I know you'll continue to do a wonderful job and not to say "No Pressure" or anything but you've not been left an easy road ahead in the wake of Natasi's leave of the admin team, hehe.

This said, to the remaining Administrators of the First Order and the member-base in general heading into 2018; this faction has been a blessing in terms of my personal experience on Chaos and looking at this faction update and what awaits us ahead, I'm very eager to raise further hell in this Galactic War and to carry on the good fight alongside you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom