Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Idea - Input Needed

Nyxie

【夢狐】
It's that time of year again. BEFORE I get into some stupid-long write-up and lore about how X and Y came to be A and B, what's in it for 1 and 2, let me ask you this....

How does everyone feel about a... well, there's no one good phrase to describe it.

I've come up with a basic model which would involve growing - as every realistic society does - from colony to city to kingdom to empire, and it would all be centered upon the world of Crystalsong on the far Southern edge of the galaxy.

What this means is that virtually everything not directly relating to the Ri'essi Union will be scrapped, though none of it was used or completed anyways. The Ri'essi Union will remain, and as before, will be a fragment of the larger faction as a whole. There will be a new write-up and lore for the FU sect, a write-up for colony and clan background (for colonists and aboriginals, respectively), a write-up for off-world visitors whatever walks of life they lead, and a write-up for those of Malfrost, the only economic power on this peaceful little world. It will work out at first much like jumping into an MMO - where one starts off as a race and a faction, then work their way up as in any board faction. This is how the faction itself will start out, grow and be able to become great.

The whole concept itself will be very inclusive, despite the initial categorization/subgrouping, and anyone of any walk will be able to get in and integrated smoothly - duelist, soldier, trader, pilot, mercenary, sage, civilian, admiral, acolyte; everyone will find use of their role in the faction. There won't be a Force alignment (as Crystalsong is too remote, untouched and naive to independently have formed such a thing anyway), so all are welcomed, Dark or Light, and there will be things in it for both!

For those who are group-minded, there will be a Navy and Marine defense force (with unique names, of course), and that will eventually grow into fuller forces if and once the faction becomes a major power, as well as a fully-original Force sect and colonist-inspired duties within the Ri'essi Union that anyone can partake in. Unique tech and equipment will always be coming in to treat these groups with new things to try out and threads will be made when inter-faction events are slow or absent, including occasional Treasure Hunts and Raids with rare Canon and Original rewards.

Planned Subgroup Review:
  • Ri'essi Union (all-open)
    Public Missions, Treasure Hunts, and Raids Board
  • Special Collaborative Pre-Factory
  • Intelligence Group

[*]Force Sect (two divisions, one group!)
  • Light-Side Academy
  • Dark-Side Academy

[*]Naval Armada
  • Dryrie Squadron Mercenaries

[*]Marine Corps
  • Czar-Based Special Operations

As I have always believed that a faction lead by a single entity is bound to share the views of those in that entity mostly, the new faction will be ruled by an IC leader and ruling family, but politics will be handles similar to a Senate or Council, all-inclusive where every member may make their case and leave their vote on major decisions and changes. The majority will always pave the way and the system will work by the people, for the people! There will also be plenty of IC positions too, for those who enjoy roleplaying that sort of archetype!

Positions Draft:
  • Grand Scion (leader)
  • Nobility (position of wealth, blood or honor)
  • Chief supervisor (co-leader and forum manager)
  • Crystal Fleetmaster (head admiral)
    Fleetmaster (admiral)
  • Captain
  • Ensign (starting rank)
  • Sailor (some people like to just be that ordinary guy)

[*]Crystal Warlord (lead general)
  • Warlord (general)
  • Major[domo] (officer)
  • Minor[domo] (sergeant (optional starting))
  • Initiate (starting rank)

[*]Headmaster (FU leader)
  • Magistrate (council)
  • Primarch (master)
  • Mystic (knight)
  • Apprentice (self-explanatory)

[*]Ri'essi Union
  • Any job or position you can think of not fitting the above!

The Force sect of this faction will be not exactly like any other. It will be based on mixed principles of serenity, exploration, unifying force, mysticism and martial prowess! Unlike any other known faction, this Force sect will offer Alchemy Classes, access to archives of various teachings in the Force and in Close Combat. Light-Siders will be able to learn things such as Alter Environment, whist Dark Siders have free rein to pick up spells such as the legendary Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut, and more! Lightsabers can be uniquely and personally crafted, on a world few better connected are there to crystals and the power within themselves. It will be an academy of wonder, learning and constant growth!

A faction formed by trade merchants, Outer colonists and Crystalsong aboriginals who formed formed clans and colonies, eventually entire communities and cities, then finally united their grasp into the cosmos themselves. As most of you know, Crystalsong is a world where almost everything is is some form of crystalline molecular structure, organic or inorganic, natural or synthetic. It is a world of beauty and inner grace, a true masterpiece made by our very own wonderfully creative Maria Natalja. It's technology and architecture would be heavily influenced by their nature - crystal hyperdrives, buildings made out of crystal rock and stone, weapons and armor of crystal, meditation palaces, crystal currency, all pleasantly influenced by this recurring theme. Crystalsong has a brilliant array of species, from shapeshifting frost wyrms to dryadic sentients to Corellian colonists and room for all manner of flora and visitors. Now obviously everything isn't going to be crystal this, crystal that, but it's just a foundational structure to work new ideas off of.

NPC Member Races:

It is my hope that such a beautiful, imaginative setting becomes a great community and a wonderful group to write with - a place where there is always something more to gain or do or explore. Best of all, the slate is clean and all are welcomed to join and found it, no matter their prior allegiances and factions! (with the common sense clause of not doing something that hurts the faction itself.)

EVERYTHING IS POTENTIALLY SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!​
The best part of it is that it can all evolve - should and will all evolve as players shape and perpetuate it all. I want it to be as interactive, responsive and community-driven as possible so that all can find something new to enjoy!

===== ===== =====​

I know it's going to immediately get downvotes from a lot of people. But a faction isn't formed through people who thought an idea was rubbish; they're made by people who didn't care what others thought, because they all believed in it themselves. I want to hear from people who truly like it, think it can work, or can think of a way to better it.

LINK: The World of Crystalsong and its Native Races

Renato Sarkin

R
That is the dumbest thing I have heard all week........................... oh who am I kidding I'm Down. :p

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I updated the living poop out of the OP. Come and read if you'd like! I promise it will at least be worth the five-ten minutes of your time!

It sounds amazing. I'm not sure why anyone would downvote this. Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

I'm down to put a character and some time into this. Just let me know what your expectations are.

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Cryax Bane"]
The beauty is that there are no expectations. This is just a game, and the objective of this game is only to paint beautiful, vivid pictures with stunning adventures. That's what roleplay is about.

Be a character and be active, that's all that's required, lol.

I decided to take the day off to work on making lore and Pin threads for this faction, so that the launch can be as quick and as soon as possible. It wouldn't work without things to write about and people to write with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom