Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye of the Storm

It was late and Felicity was up feeding Zelda. Babies. How did normal adults do this? She was practically falling asleep herself where she sat in the tiny kitchen, cradling the squirming child in one arm while she held the bottle to her mouth. It was Owains turn next time.

She smiled. Maybe not. Dad was expected to show up any time now. Maybe in a few hours, maybe right now. It was probably best that Owain not be the first person to greet her angry father. Well, surely he had time enough to calm down and see how silly he was being. Hopefully. And if he had done what she told him to do and talked to mom first, he shouldn't be angry at all. Mom knew everything and she was free to tell him things she just couldn't from a distance.

Yes. Nothing at all to be worried about.

Keter

The Renegade
Keter Mason strode down the street. He knew exactly where he was going and he was lost. He could sense his daughter, his flesh and blood, in the building ahead. She seemed to be alone. Had probably had her boyfriend take the child away to avoid any fallout from their confrontation. Good. The blond approved of that. HIs princess really knew how to scheme. He had raised her well. The renegade allowed himself a smile as he reached the apartment block's front door, slicing the lock open with his lightsaber without a second thought and strolling inside.

Urgh. Stairs. He was too old for this. Grumbling under his breath, Keter ascended through the building, drawing nearer and nearer to his wayward daughter. He would have...words...with her.

[member="Felicity Mason"]

As she frequently did, the infant fell asleep in the middle of her feeding. Felicity sighed and just sat, holding her close. Even if she wasn't her child by blood, Felicity found herself actually growing quite attached to the little brat. One of the baby's chubby hands closed tightly over her finger. Felicity smiled at that. She was... cute. Maybe it wouldn't be so awful to have one some day. Or, well, another, she supposed. Zelda might like a sibling, and Owain already proved to be a good daddy. Maybe...

She shook her head. Ugh. What was she thinking? She was doing this as a favor. Why was she letting herself get attached? When this whole thing blew over, she'd be handing the kid right back and living a normal life again. But what if that never happened? What if she was stuck?

Wouldn't be that bad. At least I have Owain. I can go out and-

She bit her lip. She sensed it immediately.

"Daddy..."

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Let's see...no, no, nope, no, nada....ah.

THe blond man stopped at the door, knowing his duaghter would sense him. She had the Force after all. Still, for appearance's sake, he riased his hand and politely knocked. No need to just barge in there. He wasn't THAT much of a sith after all.

The knocking made her heart stop for a second. Only for a second. He was here. Okay. Don't panic. Zelda might wake up if she did and that would be a whole new issue. Maybe she should run and tell Owain to escape out the back? Might be smart. Oh, but, if she took too long, Daddy might be suspicious...

Okay. Her best bet was to just be calm. Open the door. Hope Owain was a light enough sleeper to wake up when he hears him and try to escape down the drain pipe outside the window. Yes. That might work.

She silently stood up, adjusted her robe with one hand while cradling the baby with the other. Good. Okay. She put on a welcoming smile and opened the door.

"H-hi Daddy. Welcome. Glad you could make it. Please come in."

Yes. That was the proper way to greet family. Right? That was how common people did it? Although, family probably didn't normally visit at 3 AM...

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
The door opened, revealing his daughter. Keter smiled politely in greeting, his red eyes flickering to the baby in her arm, before frowning. Nothing. He didn't sense anything from the child. There was no...link.

Interesting.

He stepped inside, rolling his shoulders. "Felicity. It has been a while."

Keep it simple to start off with.

Eyes on the baby. She bit her lip, holding the little sleeping bundle close. He was frowning. Did he sense it? She closed to door behind him, cleared her throat.

"Yes," she replied, "Um... This is Zelda. Your, err... granddaughter, I guess. Sorta. Do you want to hold her?"

How to explain? She supposed she just better start off slowly and clarify as she went. Maybe she wouldn't need to. He didn't seem angry, at least. Maybe they could get through this family meeting without any bloodshed. She glanced down at her hand in a moment of panic. She'd forgotten to remove the cheap fake wedding ring. So stupid of her...

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter looked at his daughter. "WHat are you doing with someone else's child?" he asked slowly and clearly. ALright, time to set aside the elopment. DId she KIDNAP a BABY to play house?!

Okay. So he got the general idea. At least there was that. Even if he was confused about absolutely everything else.

"She's my daughter. At least, my adopted daughter," she clarified, moving to take a seat on the couch, "I was asked to take her and raise her as my own. Trust me, Daddy, this was hardly my idea."

She sighed, running a hand through the little girls soft brown hair. If she ever found out, would she be angry? Would she absolutely hate her adopted parents? Would she understand?
No. Better question, would her father understand? That was really the thing to be worried about now.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
"You...adopted...at another's behest?" Keter asked, confused. What the...? "What about making your OWN choices?" he continued, trying to figure out what was going on. "No, wait, WHY? Why did you adopt? Wait, is Owain...?"

Oh sweet Force, Elliot would NEVER hear the end of this if that was the case! It was teasing GOLD.

"Owain has nothing to do with it!" She snapped, "I adopted because the baby was in danger. Someone had to."

She sighed moving the baby ever so slightly to readjust.

"Owain just came with me so I wouldn't have to do it alone. he did me a huge favor, so I'd appreciate it if you don't snap his neck."

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Touchy subject it seemed. Keter smirked at that. Felicity always had such a temper on her. Such a willful girl. "Ah. And you didn't let us know why?" he politely inquired.

Feena certainly could have helped.

"Hmm, so you say. I will have to reserve my judgement."

"I couldn't tell you," she shrugged, gently waving the child hand still curled around her finger, "because there wasn't time. I had to leave right then and there. It had to be completely secret. I'm sorry, Daddy."

Honestly, she felt bad as it was about the whole situation. She really did not take pleasure in making her parents worry... well, not that much pleasure anyway.

"Do you want to hold her or not?" she asked, nodding to the baby, "she's still your grandchild, even if she's adopted."

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
"No you're not," Keter sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. Ah, the rebellious years. What DOES a teenager with nothing to rebel against rebel against? Anything it seemed. The blond peered at his daughter, sorting through his thoughts. Alright, so she was showing the cunning of her mother and his audacity. She was doing things of her own initiative rather than relying on them. Good things to be sure but still. A child was at risk.

"So this adoption is permanent? Her parent's won't just take her back after their troubles are resolved?" he asked, wondering if Felicity would be able to bring herself to part with the child at all.

He was wrong. Of course she was sorry. At least, sorry for worrying him. What kind of daughter would she be if she wasn't at least somewhat apologetic?

"I don't know," she answered, running her fingers once again through the infants soft brown curls, "But she made it sound like it was permanent, so I am going to treat the situation like it is. If the time comes, of course, I'm going to..."

She hesitated. Would she though? Give her back? She already felt such a connection. Was this what being a Mother felt like? She bit her lip.

"W-well, anyway, should I wake Owain? Didn't you say you'd have words with him? Now that you know the situation, I hardly think killing him is necessary."

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter took a deep breath, scratching his head. Alright, so the situation was a lot different from what he had first assumed. Typical really. Still, things had worked out without anything happening that was too extreme. That was something right? The blond allowed himself to smile at last as he looked at his daughter. "I'm proud of you," he admitted quietly, reaching out to rest a hand on her shoulder. "I guess you're a woman now...no longer my little girl," he mused out loud, glancing at the child in her arms. He had caught her hesitation. She was beginning to bond. She was going to be fine. He would call Owain later and make the boy sweat. But for now...

"No. Don't bother. Let my arrival hang over him like a shroud, reminding him of what is at stake if he screws up," Keter suggested with a dark grin.

"Don't be silly, Daddy. I'll always be your little girl."

She smiled back at her fathers threat. Some things never changed. Actually, not that she thought about it.

"Do you, um, mind if we come home? Even just for a visit. I want her to know the family. You, Celeste, Barnabus... Mom."

Oh. She never did get around to telling him, did she? About mom. About his ship. Well, she had plenty of time. It wasn't like her Father made this trip just to leave after a few minutes after all! Of course he'd at least stay for breakfast, right?

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
"Felicity. You are my daughter. Dis will always welcome you, even if it gates lie unbarred and walls unmanned. It is your home, and will always be a sanctuary if you need it," the man promised her, feeling a lot older than he was. Time was slipping away again. At least perhaps Dis would outlast him - form a home for his family, his legacy. Maybe not. But Felicity and Celeste would endure.

"Huh. I think Celeste would spoil your little one," Keter mused out loud, tapping his chin thoughtfully.

THen she mentioned her mother. Feena...so far away. In every sense of the word. He wished he could close his eyes, to not see the hopeful look on Felicity's face. "Well...if this doesn't bring your mother home, I don't know what will," he eventually shrugged, spreading his arms out to encompass their situation.

Little Zelda was asleep. Felicity hadn't noticed until just now. The little one could fall asleep in seconds. It was an absolute marvel.

"Mom'll be home before you know it. Once she retires," Felicity said with a smile, "she says she's coming home for good."

He didn't know that, did he? Mom promised last time Felicity spoke to her. She swore it would be soon. She said she was tired. Said she was finished. Once her term was up...
Mom often made promises like this though. Still, Felicity could not help but be optimistic.

"I think by now you've figured out that Owain and I are not actually married," she added, remembering suddenly that little white lie she'd had to tell, "That should make you feel better about all this, right?"

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Such faith. Such conviction. So misplaced.

Keter still smiled at his daughter and nodded. Best for her to keep believing that.

"It does indeed," Keter replied with a nod. "I mean, how could you dream of denying me the pleasure of walking you down the aisle?" he asked his daughter with a grin.

Moments like that...they cmae very rarely in life indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom