Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Executrix-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
MqZy0lO.png

VA0hUs4l.jpg
Executrix-class Star Destroyer

Out of Character Information
  • Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the First Order with an iconic Star Destroyer.
  • Development Thread(s): [x]
  • Image Source(s): [x]
  • Who Can Use This: The First Order
Production Information Technical Specifications
  • Classification: Star Destroyer*
  • Length: 1,600 meters
  • Width: 800 meters
  • Height: 400 meters
  • Maneuverability Rating: 18
  • Speed Rating: 18
  • Hyperdrive Class: 1
Armanent
  • Turbolaser Batteries [ 45 ]
  • Heavy Turbolaser Batteries [ 20 ]
  • Deck Cannon Batteries [ 20 ]
  • Long-Range Turbolaser Batteries [ 10 ]
OrdnanceOrdnance Options
  • Assault Concussion Missiles
  • Intruder Missiles
HangarNon-Combative Attachments
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Advanced Shield Generator Systems
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams [ 10 ]
Strengths & Weaknesses

(+) Strengths: The center of the Executrix's strengths lie in its impressive firepower. Consolidated upon the dorsal region are a variety of batteries which provide the ability to quickly, and flexibly, eliminate enemy targets. Deck Cannon are in place to simultaneously assault shields and shred hulls. Long-Range variants of Turbolasers are installed to address enemies well beyond typical engagement range. And even a host of Heavy variant batteries have been incorporated in order to augment overall damage over time. To say the least, the Executrix is very good at assaulting singular targets with an overwhelming amount of firepower.

Conversely, the durability of the Executrix is yet another central feature. In an effort to prevent repetitions of history, this vessel has been "buffed" with redundant shields whose generators are placed at various points. Through this, consistent damage in a singular area of the ship may not result in the total droppage of shielding; but rather the droppage of a large section.

(-) Weaknesses: To begin, while the consolidation of armaments to the dorsal region of the vessel may have offensive advantages, it does create a chink in the Executrix's armor. For the most part, armament coverage of the ventral region is sparse at best; thereby forcing the vessel to rely on Starfighter screens and other craft to defend this area.

On a similar note, the consolidation of barrels has yielded a blind spot of sorts located at the aft region of the vessel. While there are a few cannons that can provide defensive fire to this portion of the Executrix, said fire is estimated to be sparse at best. In light of this, the vessel is often deployed alongside support craft that can adequately cover the Executrix's aft.

Description

"What does the First Order need?

A loaded question, for certain.

Some would argue that it simply needs to meet a swift end. That its existence is but a tangible example of everything wrong in the Galaxy.

Yet I, and many others, disagree.

It is my belief that the First Order needs a stick. Something hefty. Something that can be used as a proper show of force. And that is why I...no...that is why Arakyd Industries began construction of that very tool. We thought to look to our peers. We thought to look at the legends of the past. 'How did they awe the Galaxy?' we asked. 'What was their show of force?' What we found was something to learn from.

Long ago, the Empire ruled supreme. It created vast engines of war and terrorized its enemies. However, several thousand meters of cannons and steel did not stop the Alliance from winning. The ability to eradicate worlds in an instant did not stop true order from faltering. So while we did draw inspiration from one of the most famed behemoths of the past, the Executor, we did our best to learn from previous mistakes. How? Well for one, we shied away from the thousands of meters per ship in favor of thousands of ships.

Behold the Executrix-class Star Destroyer, a poster child for the First Order.

She is armed to the teeth. She has one of the most flexible assortment of weapons this side of the Hydian Way. She can engage from range. She can hammer shields. She can shred hulls. And most importantly, she can take a hit and keep on swinging. We learned from history. Shields are important. Hulls are too. That's why we didn't spare a single credit in making sure that the ship isn't going down in a single trench run. Shields atop shields, putting it simply.

So when you need to swing your weight around in a naval engagement, deploy an Executrix. When you need a reliable ship to spearhead an occupation, deploy an Executrix. When you want dazzling posters to entice young, impressionable youth into joining the cause?

Deploy an Executrix."
-Niles A. Kelly, ARIN Director of R&D

*2.0 Assault, Star Destroyer Build
**Available only aboard unique, PC-captained versions.
***Modular Option: Replaces one (1) Elite Squadron.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Darth Metus"]

Darth Metus said:
Flex-Tube Torpedo Launchers [ 25 ]
Please change these to "Assault Grade Flex-tube Launchers as they fire Assault missiles and intruder missiles

I also need 10 posts of development for the ship size.

I also need 20 posts of development for the Matrix Armor or the ships production moved to limited. Say limited to the FIrst Order would be fine just so long as it is limited production.

ADM. Reshmar

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />
<br />
Star Wars Canon:<br />
Pending initial review<br />
<br />
Starwars Chaos: <br />
<br />
WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />
<br />
WITH DEV THREADS<br />
Pending Initial review<br />
<br />
SUGGESTIONS<br />
Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Darth Metus"]

You say you changed the matrix armor to Impervium - yet the submission doesn't reflect that? Did you miss something? If it was a mistake and you didn't make the edit, as a reminder Impervium is a restricted material and has a challenge along with it.

Impervium ((Successfully win a tournament)) [x]
Another thing, the ship is cited using the outdated 2.0 armament numbers, but at the same time its attempting to circumvent the aforementioned standard balancing policy. Calling it an 'assault' ship would have more guns, but would make it slower as this result. Continuing with the 2.0 standard, the speed and maneuverability should be 18/18, not the listed 16/15. It looks like you're trying to swing more guns by using the old standard, while loop-holing the cost through the new "standard"

Gotta make up your mind you can't just pick and choose what works out for you.

Also this:
Darth Metus said:
Evasive Alusteel

I know this is from TOR and is for starfighters, how are you applying this to a star destroyer and to what affect? Can you please elaborate on this, if its a lot I may request a dev thread or for the dev thread you have currently to be lengthened.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

-Removed Evasive Alusteel
-Bumped Speed/Maneuverability to 18/18

The submission began with Matrix Armor, but I was unaware that there was a development thread standard attached to it. So, I changed it to Impervium...again being woefully ignorant of the fact that it was restricted. When I found that out, I changed the material to Reinforced Durasteel, as the overall intent with the materials wasn't to sneak in some uber-tier resistance to damage.

On the subject of the Assault variant.

The template states that vessels of this size are permitted to have a total of six squadrons of starfighters. When I selected the assault variant, I bumped it down to five and "head Canon" logic'd it as being necessary for accommodating the additional weapons. Honestly forgot about the speed/maneuverability cost that came with the 2.0 assault build and have edited that accordingly.

Finally, the Evasive Alusteel was incorporated in an effort to match an existing ship of the First Order that had both Matrix Armor and Evasive Alusteel. My intention with this submission was to give the faction a 1,600 meter cannon wagon, not a godmodium card, so I've happily edited that out in its entirety.

Again, my intention here wasn't to sneak in some ridiculous sum of durability or anything of that sort. Apologies for my own ignorance regarding the development thread requirements and my own forgetting of the template I lived by in this submission.

[member="Darth Metus"] Sounds good, I understand that you've just returned and the Factory is constantly evolving and changing. One last thing - This is a mass produced ship and only has 10 post dev thread. The ship lacks defensive weaponry I see, but it still packs a pretty hard punch in the forward motion.

So two things - to maintain the Mass Production - Push the dev thread to/or have another dev thread of 20-25 posts; possibly incorporate another member of the First Order. More the merrier.

Or you can drop it in production to Limited with the 10 post dev thread - or Push the Dev to 15 posts or do another 10 post dev thread for Minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom