Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever Resilient

Tortuga

On an island that stank of decay and alcohol, in a hive of wretches and outcasts, it was very rare for Venris to meet somebody outside of his usual circle of friends who could be trusted, much less spoken to pleasantly. At times he found himself wondering why he even bothered returning here when not on business with the Expeditionary Fleet, and at other times he was having too much fun in the few relatively harmless occasions of merriment that could be found on this backwater world.

Speaking of fun...

"My condolences to you, gentlemen," Venris chuckled as he stepped out onto a moon lit street. "See you in a week, looking forward to robbing you blind and getting away with it." He waved over his shoulder almost mockingly at a group of men who were gathered around a table, passed out, soaked in liquor and with one of their heads caught in the middle of a hologram of a dancing Twi'Lek. Venris shook his head in disgust at the sight of the group and proceeded on his way. "Men of high integrity, they are."

As Venris began to make his way back towards the Red Beard Tavern, which the crew had taken possession of on their first visit to Tortuga, he couldn't help but feel that there was something different about the city tonight. He began to list possibilities off in his head...

Usual brawls, speeder races in the streets, shooting contests....regular shootings and other such carnal chaos that civilization despised? All check.

No, it wasn't the city...but there was something close by that was setting off alarms in his head, or possibly someone to be more accurate.

Venris took a detour to the edge of the town and set out into the forest, trekking to the site where he usually trained with Zavzen in the ways of the Je'daii of Old. He exhaled and turned about, scanning the trees. "Alright, whoever is there, come out right now."

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Objective: Crazed Rogue Padawan hunting on a ridiculous scum infested planet, oh boy..such fun to be had! and did I mentioned, Stims.. Uhm, yum! :p

Walking through the shadowed streets of Tortuga she smirked as she witnessed a bunch of drunken morons laying in a huddle, a personal holoplayer showing a fully nekked twi'lek dancing, and then... a faint image coming from a certain location.

Ivy squinted against the darkness, her skin giving off a faint glint of hue due to her Diathim blood, you wouldn't see it unless you actually were paying attention. Too low a light for that.

Her mind focusing on the male that is standing about 20 feet from her, of course he doesn't notice her.. she is wearing a black mesh shirt, with black cargo pants.. and black combat boots. Her shoto on her hip, with a hip harness carrying her plasma pistol. and a combat knife. This jedi was ready for a confrontation.
Watching with malicious intent , her attention glued on him, and her mind focused for a confrontation. her nature that hates criminal scum, and that includes pirates of course.

The she heard his words as she trailed him for a short distance, her smirk apparent from his uncanny senses, and walking from the shadows she appears seemingly out of nowhere to him, with the appearance of just a normal person, nothing too special..just a little...gothic[/s] looking.

[member="Venris Helion"]

sorry for the small typing, have no clue what I did..

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

(No problem. xD )

Venris peered at the figure that manifested from the darkness of the trees, seeming to melt out of the background and take a solid form. He reached beneath his coat and produced an orb, which he squeezed once to activate and cause it to let out a white glow. He tossed the sphere onto the ground between them, keeping the girl in sight.

"You've been following me for a while," Venris noted, one hand remaining close to the hilt concealed beneath his coat-alongside several knives while his most visible weapon was the blade hanging on his back. "And seeing as you didn't use that chance to attack, I'm assuming that you want something." He noted her weapons. "Let's not waste time then...what do you want of me?"

Venris hadn't been able to pinpoint the girl's position while she had been following him, but now that she was in the open he could detect the hostility radiating off of her-whether or not it was directed solely at him he wasn't sure. She looked like the sort who usually shouldn't wander Tortuga alone, given how many people his own female compatriots usually had to kill or at least put in an infirmary every time they came here, but if she knew how to put her numerous weapons to use then she may be the sort who somebody from Tortuga shouldn't be left alone with.

(oh sorry..the shirt seems a bit..exposing, its not see through at all lol)

(anyway, lets see how this goes. :D also, I will send ya a pm where we can speak about how this will go)

Stepping out of the pitch blackness of the night she grins sadistically at him, as he reaches for his person she places her hand on her own weapon and waits for him to draw, but he doesn't. He pulls an orb, it lights, and he uses it as a beacon of light interesting she says within her own cobwebbed mind.

Taking her hand off her blade she turns her attention back to the man when he asks his question, and chuckles as she allows her own inner malice radiate.

You don't seem the sort to.. affiliate with the seedy crowds here. she said with an arrogant charm about her words.

Who am I? she hisses and then turns her attention to the orb, and considers levitation, plausible..

Holding her hand in a claw upside down she smirks and slowly begins to levitate the ball to her hand, it takes some time since she has yet to train this up.. but it eventually reaches her hand and she grasps it and deactivates it.

I am the wraith lurking for criminals, the thing slavers dream of while having night terrors.. who am I you ask? she responds and then drops the ball and uses her force speed to pull her lightsaber and activates the yellow blade against her face.

I am the beginning of the end once again her words came out as a hiss.

[member="Venris Helion"]

(Um...okay...? I'm not sure where the whole shirt thing came from. xD )

Venris raised one brow as the girl levitated the light sphere into her hand and turned it off, plunging the clearing back into darkness, save for any illumination from the moon overhead. He listened to her, analyzing her tone and dialect...

The first thing that came to mind was that she was either very melodramatic, or a complete and utter nut; and he was leaning towards the Nut Possibility right now.

When she activated her lightsaber and finished introducing herself Venris decided to match her own theatrics, simply for his amusement.

"A wraith you say? Wouldn't a wraith be able to, say....vanish at a moment's notice?" He asked...and then vanished from plain view without moving, a benefit from his mastery of the talent known as Force Stealth.

"Wouldn't a wraith be able to stalk its enemies where ever they go? Always just one step away, reaching out to..." Venris went silent for several moments, and then set a hand on her shoulder from behind and became visible. "Grab them when they least expect it?" He chuckled and stepped back, calling the light sphere to his hand and turning it back on. "I'll give you points for theatricality, but really, less is more. For example: My name is Venris Helion, and your name would be...?" He lightly tossed the light sphere up and down in his hand while his other hand held the hilt of his lightsaber, remaining inactive at his side but ready at a moment's notice.

He suspected that she hadn't followed him out here just to show off...and he had a feeling that her true motives involved putting that lightsaber of hers to use.

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

(lol the shirt, alot of mesh shirts are genuinely see through of sorts.. so yea, not this one)

Watching his own actions she stared down the blackness and then smirked and turned on her heels as he placed his hand on her shoulder.. next thing she did was quickly deactivate her own blade with a clear snap-hiss and then watched his actions...

there for a moment she stared in utter amazement, and then collected herself and reversed her shoto in her grip, the blade was literally backwards at this point and allowed the force to flow through her body, slowly but surely.

You may call me Ivy she said with a sudden calm, and then pushed her senses out to feel for danger, but none came and she eased up and settled her own inner demons.

[member="Venris Helion"]

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

"Lovely name," Venris nodded, a warm smile on his face as he turned the orb's settings down so it wasn't so blindingly bright. "And what, pray tell, Ivy, Terror of Slavers and Beginning of the End, are you doing following me around a hive of scum and debauchery like Tortuga? And at this time of night I might add?" He pulled his hood back so that she could see his face more clearly and so that he could examine her, trying to see if he could find any indication as to her alignment.

She wielded a lightsaber shoto, and he could feel the Force flowing through her like he could hear the background noise of a river current. "Are you a Jedi, by any chance? I doubt you're a Sith at the very least...they tend to kill first and ask questions never, at least when it comes to me anyays."

(Ah. xD )

Smirking at his amusing words she made sure to study the man standing against her and then with a confirmation of slight trust she clipped her shoto back to her belt.

I am neither sith, nor jedi.. I am Rogue she exclaimed as she stood there and then added Tortuga seems..a logical hunting ground she declared with utter amusement on her tone.. it was true, but the way she said it would allow him to try and disprove her own statement.

Luckily for her she isnt't a helpless innocent, nor is she a hapless victim.. she is a midnight stalker, an assassin of sorts with the renegade duty to eliminate the scum and treachury within the galaxy.

[member="Venris Helion"]

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

"I would imagine so," Venris clipped his own lightsaber back to his belt. "I myself am associated with no specific Order nor creed, not one that is still acknowledged anyways." He crossed his arms. "Why are you here with me and not taking advantage of this lush hunting ground? I know I've done questionable things in the past but I'm quite clean compared to the average man here. What do you want from me exactly?"

Hearing his statement she adjusted her own aura and allowed her darkness to consume her so the taint can be felt, she then smirked with bloodlust and responded in a more commanding tone If they weren't all passed out drunk, they wouldn't be here would they? she asked in a more demanding nature.

revealing her true alignment she sneered slightly and with a sudden jolt snapped her shoto off her hip and activated it, her mind set on figuring this person out, so why not do so in battle? Yes, combat.. the best way to tell ones true nature and purpose.

[member="Venris Helion"]

(here we go) (remember, her affiliation with the mandolorians make her think of honor rather than conscience or lack thereof.)

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Venris immediately took a step back and ignited his lightsaber even as it flew into his grasp. He struck the opening pose for Soresu, his dominant foot sliding back while he held his weapon over his shoulder and extended his free hand out towards Ivy. "Oh come now, are you upset just because I got to them before you did?" Venris asked with a bit of a smirk. "If you really want to do this however, don't let me stop you...I need the exercise."

Chuckling at his comment and his footwork, she recognized it from her holo-studies of the well documented exploits of a once well known jedi master turned tatooine hermit.. this master was profound and infamous for his mastery of the defensive lightsaber form of soresu, it was powerful if wielded right, and in the hands of a skilled warrior. Which she was not, not yet anyway.

Tilting her head to the side for a brief moment she adopted the same stance, and smirked with confidence. She was not formally trained, but remembers the holo-documentation of its form and use.

Ivy was now prone and ready to duel, with that she started off and allowed her alignment to guide her.. yet this male, being more skilled with it might find her use sloppy, and untrained but maybe be impressed as well.

She used a her form with sloppy ease, started off with a quick slash.

[member="Venris Helion"]

(sorta winging it while checking the wookiee for use of it, idk if I can get it right tho)

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Venris raised one brow as he observed her form, and almost instinctively repositioned his saber. He gripped it with both hands and easily parried the slash from her shotoh. "You know that Form III is traditionally easier when used with a full sized blade, correct? That shotoh would be better used for Shien." He lectured even as he repelled her attack and countered with a feint aimed at her side to test her defenses.

Focusing herself even moreso she smirked at him allowed the force to flow through her senses to allow her to try and negate his own counters, her own blink ability working with ease but it is hard, even tho blink was a gift it didn't mean it was accurate, if anything it was moreso a guesstimation of what he might do rather than what he will do.

But it was reliable enough since when he went to feint she recognized it from the holo-documentation and reversed the shoto and swiped it away.

(sorry, not trying to god mode here. I hope this isnt that. if I do something wrong pls feel free to let me know and I will correct it as best I can. :) )

[member="Venris Helion"]

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Venris backed away and chuckled. "Crude, but not hopeless. Let's see how you do in a true fight."

He assumed a new stance: a balanced two handed guard stance. He had just switched from Form III to his other specialty: Form IV, Ataru, Way of the Hawk Bat. Ivy would suddenly find herself being barraged by numerous attacks, many of them used to just test her defenses as Venris went on the offensive and lashed out with two handed strikes often mixed with acrobatic feats, leaping around Ivy.

Venris' style was fast paced, smooth and flowing as a river, designed to leave Ivy with little time to rest and see just how efficient she could be with Soresu.

The thing soresu is she read that it could be an indomitable defense, she was not there yet but someday she might..however she was very agile herself, and wasn't a complete idiot.

Feeling the shift in force and his own aggressive side she smirked and readied herself, pooling the force she allowed her muscles to become fueled by the lightside while her mind, body and spirit was fueled by the darkside.. and waited for his strikes, when they came she allowed the force to speak to her and this time used quick and repetitive swipes and smacks.. her form was not mastered or not trained so she did get small cuts to her arms.. but she felt they felt...amazing, being an adrenaline junkie also made her feel a sudden high as her own adrenaline was starting to rage.

[member="Venris Helion"]

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

As part of Ataru, Venrs used the force to enhance his own movements, strengthening his blows and increasing his speed as he practically danced around Ivy. When he did strike her he would pull back before his blade could do any real damage to her, and over the course of the duel he couldn't deny that he felt a sense of elation from this...to just have a duel with someone without it being a fight to the death or while fighting back his own anger.

All of a sudden he paused in mid swing and leaped back. He was breathing a little deeper than usual, but had a smile on his face as he gripped his lightsaber. "Gotta give you credit, you're good." He lowered his lightsaber to his side. "But one blow alone negates the purpose of Soresu. You have a lot of talent but it isn't refined, focused...I however am quite familiar with the art, and if you were willing I'd be obliged to-" His smile vanished all of a sudden as he detected something on the edge of his senses...

Venris gripped his lightsaber with both hands and repositioned himself, holding the blade up and angling it downwards so that it was positioned between his head and a blaster bolt which was reflected back into the bushes and struck a figure that cried out as it fell over.

"Sithspit..." Venris looked towards Ivy and shouted. "Ambush!"

At that moment several more figure sprang from the bushes, leveling blasters at the two and opening fire. They wore a mixture of different armour designs that were in less than exquisite condition and had varying kinds of weapons...definitely not an organized assassination team, a semi-professional mercenary or pirate team at the very worst.

Feeling the heated duel fuel her own body while making her start to sweat due to the work out ethics of it she smirked as she activated her force speed briefly and continued to try to parry his own strikes, and moves. her feet were dancing with his own strikes and using bobs and weaves she quickly became focused when it hit her, he jumped back in near perfect acrobatic agility induced leaps.

She tore her saber to the side, and opened her senses more.. there on the edge, then he said it.. "Ambush!" she smirked widely with a wild flare in her eye and then jumped backward and landed with a agile performance and then focused moreso on the sith troopers who had just arrived. Tearing her attention from the duel and now to this ambush she snarled at them and began to utilize more fluid motions for defense just as the force has instructed her and then sent a force throw at them, this too wasn't trained so was rather weak.. but effective as it sent two soldiers flying against a nearby tree which knocked them out cold.

[member="Venris Helion"]

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Venris immediately began to deflect numerous blaster bolts, switching back to using Soresu. His elbows were locked tightly as he used tight, efficient and short moves of his lightsaber to send the bolts flying into the ground or back towards their sender. Every movement was precise and minimal in how much effort it took to reposition himself. While Ivy took it right to the attackers' teeth he remained rooted in place even as several tried to flank around him to the side. Several of the shots even struck the shooters attacking Ivy.

As Venris realized he was slowly being surrounded he moved closer to Ivy so that they could fight back to back. One of the pirates set aside his rifle and produced something else from his belt...a whip of sorts...

Venris' eyes widened as the whip glowed, recognizing it as one of the few things a lightsaber wielder need fear. It could tangle a lightsaber blade and leave the wielder exposed and helpless for a few moments, but could be countered easily with two blades....especially if one was a shotoh...

"Ivy," He deactivated his lightsaber and tossed it to her. "Take this and cover me! Switch sides!" He rushed around Ivy and held out his hands towards the men she was facing, hoping that she would obey and focus on the man with the energy whip, who was rearing his arm back to take a crack at the two. If Ivy used her shotoh to catch the energy whip she could use Venris' lightsaber to defend herself and kill the man at the same time.

in the meantime however...Venris dipped his mind into the dark side, called upon his aggression...and unleashed a torrent of red force lightning on a full four members of the remaining attackers. The men howled as they were cooked alive inside their armour, and most of their comrades witnessed this with horror and began to retreat.

Chuckling as one of the troopers got close and she used her palm to bash the side of his helmet rendering him dazed and most likely confused she kicked him to the ground and quickly pulled her plasma pistol and shot his stoopid arse dead, then caught the lightsaber and backed up against him while positioning herself in the direct path of the whip, she activated the second saber and as soon as the whip snapped she successfully caught it, even though part of it grazed against her hand as it coiled against the shoto, she then swiped the incoming blaster bolt away and used a quick thrust as to impale the trooper, once this was executed she looked to the coiled whip and sent another throw out to the whip master, he flew against a building and broke his neck.

rolling to the side as another trooper snuck up and tried to take her head off with a man made weapon, she got to her feet and quckly flipped to her new partner in crime and kicked the trooper away with a fast but powerful roundhouse to his ribs.

[member="Venris Helion"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom