Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Establishing Foundations

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
[member="Cath Lorr"]

There was a lot that went into working with others and with Denon and Yutan closer then some well Ayumi was able to go between each one working with the different senators or ministers. Sasori's equipment helping beef up the military as the new commander had been getting them to build some slightly newer versions of the Republic's old equipment. Even some of the things that had been mothballed were being brought out for them like the gungnir armor or Titan's, the ballistic shields and keymakers.

She could work with that but something had caught her eye. That night in the chancellors office [member="Cath Lorr"] had been asking about things and seemed to have a request or maybe even an idea of what they could do to help give relief to the people of the Republic. Also that she was the minister who worked to make sure they were all honest. So good to get in her good graces as she was walking through the hallway in the duster colored like a senate robe.

The silk over its hide and underneath the form fitted bodyarmor just in case of assassinations. Hanna and Chi had suffered many and they were considered favored for the longest time. She stayed there to wait to be let in while announcing herself. The minister was no doubt busy doing things and aside from the major work they might be doing served the important purpose so she wouldn't be looking to take up to much of her time.

Cath was finally getting used to the higher security presence around her all of the time, and eventually she would invest in a good suit of armor, but for now, she wore sleek blast vest over her long gown as she worked in her office on Yutan.

Checking her agenda, she realized she had a meeting with Senator Pallopides. What a pleasure, thought Cath, impressed by the grace and poise of the Atrisian beauty. The Knight also had a mischievous streak she noticed from the time they’d stolen an expensive stash of rum from the Chancellor’s office during one of her first meetings as House Secretary of the Republic.

Not one for servants, assistants or even droids, a pair of security guards were stationed outside of her office, but otherwise, the Eldorai official did everything herself – she made her own tea, went out for her own lunches in the Senate caf no less, and even took out her own trash.

Her mother, Queen of Bardotta, had always called her a “little martyr.” It wasn’t a term of endearment.

Well, perhaps Senator Pallipodes can break this stubborn self-righteous streak, she thought. I could stand to loosen up a little.

Her door was open for when the Denon Senator was ready to meet.

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Cath Lorr"]

Seeing the door and feeling the woman on the other side before she entered, there was actually a small moment of anticipation. That curiosity of wanting to catch something be it a situation where maybe the senator was standing on a ladder organizing shelves and you could look up her dress or skirt, or she chose that moment to scratch her chest because sometimes those really formal outfits did get itchy, or better yet she was having fun and randomly wearing a headset blasting music while dancing in front of the window with abandon.

Really anything would and could be fun as she entered letting her eyes roam over the room and take in all of it before she spoke bowing her head with her hands behind clasped at the small of her back. "Thank you for seeing me Minister Lorr." She offered a small smile coming in a little more as she looked at the woman. Taking in the sight of the blast vest over the outfit with a small nod of her head. "You look much prettier in the light then those harsh artificial ones with a rum haze around us both. I am glad to see you are settling in."

Her office was decorated with foliage, almost too excess. Exotic plants crowded every surface, but Cath was a nature-loving Eldorai. If she was going to be stuck in the office for long periods of time, she would bring the outdoors to her doorstep.

“Thank you, Senator Pallopides. And yes, agreed about the rum. That first meeting was certainly unexpected and kind of a hazing for myself and Grand Marshall Bantam."

Cath rose and motioned to a three-seat sofa and a plush chair. “Please have a seat and would you like any refreshments? I’m not much for assistants or droids, I’m afraid. I’ll make the tea myself, or we could call for catering if you’d prefer something more substantial."

The House Secretary eschewed servants or help, mostly to appear as though she did not come from royal stock. But her days were becoming so filled with meetings and tasks, that she knew eventually be forced to have some help in keeping it all straight. Perhaps even an intern would improve her busy life.

Cath took a seat in the chair and crossed her petite legs, hidden under the folds of her pale gown. “We did not get to finish our discussion over Republic security, but first, please tell me how I may be able to help you with Denon. And do you have any current bills in the works?”

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Cath Lorr"]

She was liking this look, all of the plants around them were pretty to the eye while she clasped her hands in front of herself. "A very beautiful office." Looking at the lack of droids or interns running around which was a surprise.. though she didn't have many in that way either. Preferring her forearm tactical pad for organizing things and relying on some of the service droids as she sat on the couch wiggling a little to get comfortable. There was a small look at Cath while she thought about it.

"No bills currently we have been working on, at present Denon is undergoing heavy reconstructing and rebuilding efforts to properly help itself. New water recycling, new lights, heaters and cooling units, new buildings and waste management. We've even been working on making the cost of living easier as we have developed modules for living to lower housing costs. Food, water, air scrubbers, energy use cuts down and other services people wish for are flourishing because of it."

She thought about it and brought out her palm and wrist pad with the holographic display. "We should by years end with the droids finish eighty percent of the planet for the new conversion efforts. Once we have managed to make better lives for our people we might try and extend the same practices to other planets to start cleaning from the ground up." They had been working with all of that while giving a look to what they had made and some of the projections. "We've lost jobs in some areas but we have seen increase in industry and our planets reserve."

She knew some of the worlds had debts but they were working on ways to pay them off as more programs were coming up and ready. "Manufacturing, food production, technology and other items we need for it. My policy was from the lowest pauper in the slums which we have been renovating and helping clean up to give them free to low income housing to the richest official all have been spending on our planet and fixing the previous administrations mistakes."

Cath viewed the holo display with interest. Ayumi was certainly busy with positive improvements for Denon. Perhaps she’d be able to motivate the Yutan Senator, Max Rumor to be less lazy and begin to plan and fund projects for the capital of the Republic.

“If there’s anything you need in terms of my domain, just ask. A larger security presence, more intelligence agents to root out terrorism… even expenditures to help fund what you’ve done. We’ve had a lot of success on Nubia with tourism and gambling though it has increased the crime on that world. Not significantly.”

The Eldorai official crossed her legs under her long, sweeping gown. “There was a recent assassination attempt on my life on Nubia, which is not necessarily what drives me to be so concerned over violence and warfare, but it’s a personal example.”

To distract herself form the unpleasant memory, Cath stood and made tea, but her hands trembled betraying that the subject matter of the assassination had rattled her nerves.
“You’re a Force user, Ayumi. What do you specialize in? And do you think it’s fair that the Senators cannot join the Jedi Order while they are acting politicians?”

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Cath Lorr"]

Listening to the offer of help was a welcomed thing, she was more then happy to accept it for them when they needed things. Turning her attention to Cath when she mentioned what had happened and she fought the reaction to just grab her and protect her. Then she saw how nervous she got and what was happening with it while making the tea and moved quickly and quietly stopping her while she listened to it. That small revelation about her being a force user was not something many picked up on or even less really saw.

"Hey it is okay." She stood there for a moment letting her voice go soft though as she brought her hands around. "You are trembling my sweet minister. We can't have you nervous or worried about something like that. We'll get you personal security if you want, better security." She said it while thinking about the other question and... "As for the force, well I learned it from my family but I have never been in the jedi temples. Just seen what a couple of them could do with dangerous political ambitions."

Cath was grateful for the other woman’s gentle touch, reassuring her that she would be able to increase her personal security without much concern. She took the Senator’s hands in hers and squeezed, “I’m fine, Ayumi. And I am very thankful for your concern.” You have been a true friend to me since I've made the Republic my home."

The Eldorai official was fairly immature with matters of the heart. While she had a somewhat charmed upbringing, she’d always been very serious about her studies and remained on Bardotta with her royal parents for most of her life. She wasn’t sheltered, but she’d never made romance a huge priority. So whether Ayumi’s arms around her were amorous or platonic, Cath was clueless to say the least.

After one final squeeze, she walked over to one of her plants, a long, green leafed ivy monster of a plant that she’d allowed to get too wild for her office. Spritzing it with water, she said:

“Truth be told, I’ve been struggling with the regulation against having the Force and the political operations strictly separate. In fact, I have Senator Rumor from Yutan working on a bill to change this. But I also don’t want to rankle those at the top. In your opinion who in the Senate may oppose a bill.”

She put the water bottle down and leaned back against her desk.

“Because our latest expansion efforts – Deneba, Mimban and Gyndine – we will need to bring in elected Senators. I would hate to exclude a good candidate because of their affiliation with the Jedi Order.”

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Cath Lorr"]

She was looking at her and wondering a few things while standing there and lingered for a moment. "A bill to allow those in the order to be in office can be dangerous. Given how Aleidis and Kiskla pushed agenda's in leading the Republic and controlling it over advising and helping. Their jedi wisdom was cited on why they were the better choice over senators because they wouldn't be corrupt anfd yet those were some of the most corrupt times leading to dark times and many others being chased away to form their own governments." She was looking at her though and there was a few other thing she wanted to say. She knew the danger and had seen what could come from it as she spoke. "Still well with a home secretary like you here in place I feel safer with the idea already. Though coming to you with and discussing my fears over say dinner and dancing has to be an option."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom