Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Equalizer Battle Orb

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
5wI0zMS.png

BXceW2e.png

4098776619_e4a410fe3d.jpg
Equalizer Battle Orb

OOC Information
Image Source: TMNT Turtles Forever Technodrome
Intent: To create a vehicle that houses a large amount of Ysalamir creating a large force nulling bubble.
Development Thread: NA

Product Information
Manufacturer: Spaarti Creations partnered with Reclaimer Arms & Industrial
Model: NA
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, electrical wiring, synthetic bark.
Role: Mobile Ysalamir housing unit
Height: 20 meters
Length: 20meters
Width: 20 meters
Weight: 75 tons
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 5
Propulsion: Tracks
Top Speed: 24 KM/H
Armaments: 4 rotating point defense cannons
Squadron Count: 1
Passenger Capacity: 500 Ysalamir
Cargo Capacity: 1 weeks supply of Ysalamir nutrients.
Not sure how much that weighs.
Misc. Equipment: Nutrient pump, central nutrient tube. Targeting computers, internal climate control, standard sensor dish, gyro stabilizers.

Strengths and Weaknesses
Ysalamir: With a vast collection of the force nulling lizards aboard this station creates a force nullification bubble a solid one kilometer in radius.

Armored: With a thick armor covering the sphere the battle orb can take a solid hit. The Orb can shrug off smaller RPG personnel fired rockets, however tanks and turbo lasers can quickly take down the armor with a few direct hits.

Slow: At a top speed of 15 MPH or 24 KM/H it's safe to assume this orb isn't going very far very fast. It's slow and dreadfully sluggish.

Size: Urban environments can be tricky for the orb due to its massive size, it's best parked somewhere and left to do its job there. However due to its large size it's a very big target for air and ground strikes.

Low defenses: With only four point defense cannons to help fight air attacks the Orb is horribly open to attacks especially from the ground with almost no way to defend itself.

Living Cargo: While the orb is gyro stabilized there's only so much that can do when a turbo laser is being slammed into your side. As more Ysalamir die the bubble it creates becomes smaller and smaller and smaller.

Low Deployment Time: With only enough food for a week if the orb's nutrient supply isn't refueled every week the lizards will starve and die, meaning that this machine needs to have a steady stream of supplies in order to stay on the ground.

Cleaning: Lizards poop, it's a natural part of life. If the tank isn't cleaned every three days Ysalamir will start to get sick and die within the confined space.

Product Information
Description: With the rise of Spaarti's clones Ysalamir program taking full swing it was time to start thinking of more uses for the creatures rather than slapping them on a nutrient frame and giving it to a soldier. So hitting the R&D department with Reclaimer Arms & Industrial the idea of a collection of Ysalamir within one vehicle to create a hefty force nullification bubble came in mind. So experimenting with it the Spaarti Creations Equalizer Battle Orb came into fruition through simple designs and engineering. With Spaarti's artificial nutrient tree showing signs of success they took that same design and expanded on it. Creating large 20 meter orb with thick and heavy armor on the outside and artificial bark and trees on the inside where Ysalamir could survive within Spaarti put it on tracks and continued to improve upon it. With a Gyro stabilized base and climate controlled innards the design of the orb is all and all quite simple and straight forward. In the center of the orb there is a long thick tube where the nutrients are stored, this is where the pump at the base pushes nutrients up to where it is dispenses to the Ysalamir's bark through a intricate series of plastic tubing.

Outside and in the cockpit of the large mobile habitat there are four point defense cannons to help against air attacks that the habitat might come under fire from. These all of course have to be individually manned and can be rotated 360° full circle. The cockpit is the central control station for the entire orb, from movement and climate control to food dispersal, if this goes offline it's very dire that this is fixed. The slow and sluggish beast of a habitat is effective in creating a two kilometer force nulling bubble, however sometimes that's not always worth having to clean the lizard poop out of it every three days. It's a real crap job, bu dum bum psh.

Overall the orb has a lot more weaknesses and maintenance than actual strengths, however the ability to disrupt force users can be key in a lot of situations. Build structures around the orb, place it on the front lines, whatever one chooses it will do its job as long as the lizards within are taken care of.

Patricia Susan Garter said:
Passenger Capacity: 2000 Ysalamir
That is way too many Ysalamir for this size of a vehicle. The Bral, which is 50 meters in length, only carries 200. You're looking at increasing the size of this vehicle by nearly ten or so times before this kind of load will be approved.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Braith Achlys"]

With this it has a different dimension than the The Bral. Rather than being in the shape of a bus an orb allows for more space and storage of the lizards. With them being able to cling to all sides of the orb as well as the multiple synthetic nutrient trees jutting out of it. I lowered the count to 500 and the field to only 1000 meters. Or should I do 400 since 200 creates a 500 meter bubble.

Patricia Susan Garter said:
[member="Braith Achlys"]

With this it has a different dimension than the The Bral. Rather than being in the shape of a bus an orb allows for more space and storage of the lizards. With them being able to cling to all sides of the orb as well as the multiple synthetic nutrient trees jutting out of it. I lowered the count to 500 and the field to only 1000 meters. Or should I do 400 since 200 creates a 500 meter bubble.
Going by math and volume of the vehicle, the maximum total occupancy (if you stacked each lizard side-by-side and top-to-bottom) would be 100~ (give or take, assuming that the size of each would vary by a tenth of a meter or so). Of course Ysalamir are extremely fragile and delicate animals who require constant nutrition (which you have provided in form of cargo space), life support, and something to hang/hold onto. So if we took equipment for the Ysalamir to live on into consideration, we'll probably eliminate a good percentage of available space and end up with enough room for roughly 70 to 80 to fit snuggly (less spacious than comfortably and more spacious than tightly). At tightly or jamming them together you essentially run the risk of killing off those passengers every time you hit a bump or move, much less get struck by an RPG.

My suggestion is to go with around 80 in Ysalamir numbers (for this size of a vehicle).

The bubble for individual Ysalamir is 10 meters in diameter, so I'm not sure where the Bral got its numbers - though I would think that because they stack their diameter of effect on each other it would increase proportionately to the amount of Ysalamir, which would be 10 + (5 * x) or something similar. I'm not going to make a huge deal out of that, though, so I'll ask that you make it somewhere around 60% of the size of the Bral's in diameter. You can go slightly over, or slightly under. I'll let you know if what you request is good to go or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom