Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entry explosives MkII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

Intent: To create a shaped charge, that can blow whole in ship at point blank range
Development Thread: Does it matter or is anti matter
Manufacturer: Krayt Industries
Model: KI-EE-MkII
Affiliation: The One Sith and her allies
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, anti matter,
Description: It would replace two missile launchers on a ship, and at point blank range. It would blow a hole, through what ever it was put against. What ever was their would turn into, super heated shrapnel killing or injuring anyone in the way.

Krayt Industries intend to put as part arsenal of light drop ships. So the ship could land on building, or other ships. Then gain an entrypoint in to that building or ship, by blowing a hole through up to one meter of durasteel or equivalent material. This is possible due to fact it is a shaped charge, so all the explosive energy goes in one direction.

This then would allow a platoon of marines then to gain entry, into the ship or building. Using the thick smoke as cover. This would also leave any survivors quite possibly shell shocked, unless battle harden veterans and have, decent enough armour to protect them from the sudden flash.

The ship that is carrying it requires an extra layer of mullinine to hull, to avoid the damage from the blow back from the device. Also the explosive is kept inside a stasis field, till it is detonated to prevent misfire.

Classification: Warhead
Size:Ship-Mounted
Length: 1 meter
Weight: 50 kilos
Ammunition Type: solid explosive
Ammunition Capacity: 1
Effective Range: 1 meter

side note MkI

[member="sabrina"]

Alright, having extensive experience with Explosively Formed Projectiles or Shape Charges...there are some issues here.

We're going to have to make extensive edits to get this working.

• How do you prevent blow-back?
  • Is this ship-mounted? If so, how is a ship going to truly get that close to use this and be effective?
  • How is anti-matter the charge? Won't that present a problem?
  • Durasteel on Durasteel and able to penetrate three feet worth of it? I don't know that anti-matter in that small of a distance would super-heat duratseel to such a point that it would burn through a big enough hole for people to walk through. Additionally, once the hull has been breached, the bulkheads would seal. Would another charge be on standby?
  • These are highly unstable in nature, depending on assembly. You jar it, boom.
  • There would be no subsequent flash or smoke. Unless you're packing in extra chemicals or compounds. When we have had these things hit our 1114s, there was debris smoke or normal dust and accumulation. A very jarred feeling like a tank around hit you. Now, I don't know this from personal experience but I've seen what it can do. There might be a 5-10 second jarring in the immediate vicinity but nothing more. There is no screen unless additional compounds are provided.

What is it you're truly trying to accomplish lastly?

sabrina

[member="Artemisia Vy Kar"]

1: blow back is prevented by sheet of mullinine on the hull of the ship, discovered on post 12 of dep thread
2:High impact shock asorbers this would enable the drop ship to land on another ship, at speed
3: It is purpose built on this space station
4a: Yes chance are it would seal, after the platoon of sith troops have made entry.
4b: Though intended to make the drop ship have electromagnets to make a seal between the two ships, other wise I would space my own marines
5: True it is held in a stasis field till triggered
6: I presumed may be wrongly ,that would be caused by the hull being punctured by the anti matter device.
7: plan is to make a light drop ship, to do what the one sith do best in space combat. Get close and personal, so we can get boarding crews into enemy ships and over run them.

[member="sabrina"]

1. That is a metal alloy used to make weapons. I don't think it would be effective to protect or shield troops from any type of blow-back. Might need to decide on a different material.
2. Is this a fast impact we're talking?
3. I'm confused by that statement. Are you wanting these for ships or that spacestation?
4a. It would seal almost immediately upon breach. So Trooper #1 Enters, Trooper #2 gets crushed or disintegrated by ray-shields or blast doors.
4b. That would require an additional submission.
5. If you're saying the anti-matter is held in a stasis field, now you're adding onto the submission. This is going to require more work. Krayt Industries doesn't strike me as the company to do this alone and have the technological capacity to achieve everything you're wanting to do.
6. Yes and No. Depending on material. Now I assume you're saying it's a 3 ft or 1 meter diameter penetration by 1 meter range or 3 ft range?
7. Another submission is required for that.

sabrina

1: would a secondary stasis field do it, or could you recommend some thing else
2: yes that why I need high impact shock asorbers, while ship would be braking at the time it still hit at speed.
3: that where they would be make the explosive, though I may miss understood your original point.
4: I was lead to believe, that anti matter would take down the shield http://starwarsrp.net/topic/30758-entry-explosives/
5: Okay I will do a thread buying a stasis field tech, though I think I would have due to storage containers for anti-matter. As well having a factory for production of anti matter equipment.
6: yes 1 meter or 3ft and 4" worth durasteal would be destroyed, as if they did too much damage. You could not try and capture the enemy ship.
7: yes I know was planning on doing a ship sub mission when this is done.

@Sabrina.

*takes designs and throws them aside*

Ok, let's do this.

Stage One: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma-jet - This will breach the hull, allowing for the systems to react and activate blast-doors or ray-shield technology.
Stage Two: Secondary Charge is a shape-charge composed of an existing EMP Charge (Small in nature mind you) or a Baradium Charge that detonates and either disrupts the shielding or blasts a specific hole into the hull, allowing entry into the ship itself.

It's a two stage process. Simplified.

HOWEVER!

The ships shields would have to be down completely before you're able to even attempt this.

Now that being said, the weight would have to be significantly increased. I would have to see an adequate development thread and perhaps a partner company to accommodate such a thing. It would also be reduced to a Minor/Limited production item.

sabrina

Started, asking a vong about some of the gear.
Though it wish archive for know, and I will resubmit when ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom