Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enjoy the Silence

At the very end of the day Kaili and Aela looked for the same thing albeit with different methods: Knowledge. They were practice and theory, together they could make an excellent team of two. Or well, three if they included father as well.

“I will.” Kai nodded. “It would just be good to read this first.”

Kaili flipped through the book. Because if she read it first she could impress him with big words like ‘automatic hydraulic adjuster’ or ‘manual servo co-ordinator.’ Those were words that Kaili had absolutely no idea what they even meant but the idea of finding out was exciting.

“I will go read.” Kaili pushed herself off of her sister’s bed. “If I need anything I’ll ask.”

Before stepping out the door Kaili paused for a second and turned around to look at her sister. “I mean, unless you have anything that you want to talk about?”

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Aela shook her head.

“No.” A smile spread across her face. “Go read, learn all that you can so you can ask Father when he gets home. I know he'll appreciate that.”

There was no sarcasm to her tone. Father would genuinely like Kaili starting to question him about droids. They were after all his own specialty. Soliael was one of the few masters of Technomancy in the entire galaxy. Aela herself had seen him control half a legion of battledroids with a simple snap of his fingers.

It had been amazing, and something she simply could not grasp.

“I will.” Kaili smiled at her sister. “I’ll uh, let you read again. See you later, Aela.”

She stepped outside into the living room again and shut the door. Outside the rain was still pouring. The smatter on windows still felt a bit weird for the tropical paradise that they lived in. It wasn’t quite the same as the rains of Yavin but it was nice nonetheless.

Tossing herself on the couch Kaili placed the book in front of her and got to work. One page turned into several others. Words were learned of. Servos, thrust parameters, gear shifts and artificial intelligence. But it came at a cost. Learning was... Difficult, the girl’s eyelids began weighing heavy around the time the very basic twenty-five page overview was done.

Face planting itself across the unfinished page the kid fell asleep in her book. Head resting on the soft pages of wisdom the quietest of snores rang out. The rain subsided a few hours later but she remained blissfully unaware. Without doubt the others would find her like this and laugh. Micah doubly so, probably.

Not that it mattered, she had bonded with her sister that day. That in itself was reward enough for young Kaili.

[member="Aela Talith"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom