Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Failure

The Reaper of Won Shasot

Dax swore loudly as the Azalea shuddered and spat threw herself out of hyperspace, long before it was supposed to. While the first loud expletive had been a result of being thrown out of hyperspace, the second yell was due to the fact that the Razer Class Frigate was hurtling towards a cluster of asteroids. Quick reflexes were the only thing that saved Dax, his ship and his crew. The navigator quickly began to throttle down and attempt to reverse as the other pulled up hard, straining to keep the Azalea from barreling to her demise. Rock shatter against the hull of the frigate as it clipped the large space rocks, shaking the ship and tossing her crew about, a couple of the bridge crew being thrown from their seats.

"Damage report?" Dax called. One of the crew who had been thrown from her seat quickly scrambled back up and looked at the screen before her. "Damage to exterior hull, minor damage to shield generator and weapons suite. We're functioning, sir, but if we were to get caught in a firefight right now? Well, we'd be a bit fethed." Well, could be worse. "Alright, well any chance we're near a space station or some planet to assist us? I don't exactly fancy a cryosleep." Another of the crew pointed outside of the viewport of the bridge, "Uh, well, theres that..." he said pointing to a large hulking piece of metal, shaped like a spinning top, and slowly rotating like one too. "Oh...well ok then...take us in...hopefully they won't try to blast us into space dust, but stay on alert."
"Yes sir"

Thankfully, the Azalea's bad luck had run out and the space station accepted the vessel, well, after a lot of arguing with the dock master and an eventual bribe. "Blast...what's wrong with this thing..." the Rogue muttered to himself as he stood on the platform, reading through diagnostics and system readings. Usually the man could solve these kinds of problems, but this time? Well the man was at a complete loss...he needed help...

[member="Eladia Alken"]

Eladia Alken

E
"Well that is just wonderful." Eladia muttered to herself as she counted out the last of her credits, barely enough to buy a decent drink.

She had been stuck on this piece of metal for a week now, after being deserted by the ship she had been traveling on. The crew weren't the nicest bunch, but they had allowed her to ride with them, in return she was "upgrading" their weaponry... or so they thought. She may have made some minor adjustments. Basically when they tried to shoot at something, they got an electric shock instead. What could she do? They were criminals for crying out loud, that is what happens when you break out of prison and rob a bank. Unfortunately that meant she was stuck on a space station with no ships coming in or going out. And the dock master was no help, he wanted to be there less than she did. So she had spent the past week exploring and praying someone would dock here.

So now she sat in the security room, she had made friends with the security guy and relieved him for an hour so he could get some rest. It wasn't like anything interesting was happening anyways. Eladia stared mindlessly at the monitors when movement caught her eye in the loading dock. She sat up in her seat and quickly enlarged the video. "A ship!" she exclaimed. Eladia jumped from her seat and bolted down the stairs, towards the dock.

Once there she peered around a corner and examined the ship. Its was a frigate, and by the looks of it, in pretty bad shape. There was a man running a diagnostic, though she could see that their problem wouldn't be that easily detectable. The man seemed frustrated to say the least. This could be her way out of here, she took a deep breath and stepped forward.

"You need some help?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax looked over to the voice to see a woman who clearly looked like an engineer of some sort approach him, "That depends on whether or not you now anything about old One Sith frigates." The Azalea had once been a part of One Sith fleet, when the One Sith was still around. When the OS went up in flame, the then Kathol Outback had jumped right in to pick up the salvage. At the time, it had been Dax's dear friend, [member="Kimiko"], who had claimed the ship. She'd passed it on to him before he had gone into exile. When he came back though...she was gone. No word of where she'd gone either. Since then the man had done his utmost to keep the Azalea in prime condition, and until right then he'd been doing a fine job.

Dax handed over diagnostics to the pretty blue-haired woman. "Go ahead and take a crack at it I guess, could use all the help I can get." glowing blue text in Aurebesh scrolled up and down the datapad in rapid sequences, readings on weapons systems, shield generators, hyperdrive capabilities, all of it was in the palm of her hands.

[member="Eladia Alken"]

Eladia Alken

E
Eladia smiled and handed the diagnostics back to him, "Thanks but I'll just have a look around if thats okay?" She gazed up at the massive vessel, its command tower looming above. The entire ship was banged up, all though, not terribly worse for wear. She didn't have experience with this particular model but she had repaired enough ships in her time to know that whatever was wrong with it, the problem wouldn't be seen or detected from the surface.

Eladia decided to do a visual check anyways. She walked slowly around the perimeter of the ship, making mental notes as she went. "Dock door, solid. Turbo laser cannons, intact. Bridge, in need of a paint job." As she went she asked the man, "So I didn't get you name? And what brings you to these parts of the galaxy?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Dax Fyre." the man said, offering a hand. "And I was on my way back to Kesh. I'm hunting down a thief who took something very dear to me." The 'thief' that Dax was talking about had actually stolen his sabers. A historically bad idea, Dax was set on finding the man and making him pay dearly for it. The issue at that moment was the fact that his ship couldn't get him from one system to another without trying to toss the crew around like a haphazardly constructed roller coaster with not safety harness. 'I really do need to figure out those runes...shock anyone who tries to take my fethin sabers...'

"What's your name? You seem to know your way around military vessel, you ex-miliitary?"

[member="Eladia Alken"]

Eladia Alken

E
Eladia smiled, "No, not military. Just good with this kind of stuff I guess. And my name is Eladia, Eladia Alken." She made her way around the entire ship and stood next to Dax, "So there isn't anything wrong that I can see from the exterior, I'm guessing your problem has to do with the hyperdrive, specifically the hyperdrive motivator. Could you show me to the hyperdrive?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Gladly." the man said as he lead her into the frigate. The walls that had once been a sterile and spartan white had been painted over a very light tan, reminiscent of the dust of many of the desert worlds that hid themselves in the Outer Rim. As the pair walked through the Azalea's halls they could see various crew members who had elected to stay behind instead of instantly hitting the bars to get wasted. For them being out of artificial and into real gravity was enough. Others had simply decided to take a long nap.

Eventually the two made their way to the engine room and the hyperdrive where, on the outside, everything seemed to be functioning, despite the obviously disgruntled engineers shooting the contraption dirty glances ans swearing to themselves quietly or out loud.

"Hows it goin' Cir?" Dax asked, addressing a rugged looking blonde-haired man, clearly several or more years older than either of the two who had just entered the room.
"Not great. Feth if I know what's wrong with her...please tell me his lady knows something we don't..."
"Well, we're about to find out. Have at it Eladia."

[member="Eladia Alken"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom