Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy Gauntlet

Zev Stargo

Z
Intent: To provide a low key, concealable weapon for use by Zev Stargo and high rollers in search of energy weapons that can stand in a fight with a lightsaber and also act as a stealth weapon.
Manufacturer: Stargo Enterprise
Model: Multi-Purpose energy weapon
Affiliation: South Systems Syndicate & Galactic Underworld
Modularity: Yes
Production: Limited (produced only on order)
Material: Cortosis, armor weave,
Description: The Energy gauntlet is a strong metallic gauntlet worn on the forearm or wrist of the arm. The Cortosis outer shell offers some protection from lightsabers, blasters and non-energy based weapons. The armor weave underneath enhances these abilities. Fitted with some of the galaxies most advanced energy projectors, this weapon was created by Stargo Enterprises on the orders of Zev Stargo. The purpose behind its creation was to give Zev an easily concealable and comfortable weapon to carryon him at all times. Eventually this idea evolved into a full blown project that aimed to sell the gauntlets to the highest bidders, mainly bounty hunters, mercenaries and high level security officials. The gauntlet contains both an energy based melee weapon and an energized projectile weapon with a short to medium range capability.

The gauntlet has a limited energy supply and overuse in combat can short it out and long periods of time without a break can also cause malfunction. There is also an immense heat radiated by the device that causes the wearer to become very visible to heat sensors while the blade is active. Due to its design, the blade and the ranged weapon cannot be used at the same time without causing serious injury to the wearer.

Melee

Classification: Energy blade
Size: mounted/one handed
Length: Customizable blade lengths from 3 to 12 inches.
Weight: Gauntlet: 1 kilogram – Blade: 0 kilograms
Other Features: The blade itself is an energy based weapon that is created by an emitter that releases ionized gas, contained by a magnetic field emitted from the top of the gauntlet. The plasma can be customized during production to create a blade in a personalized shape, but no matter the shape the blade is always formed with extremely sharp edges. Due to the blade needing to be emitted from the top of the gauntlet, the magnetic field concentrated high amounts of energy and heat to the edges and top of the blade to keep it from burning its wearer.

Ranged

Classification: Dart spitter
Size: mounted on a gauntlet
Length: -----
Weight: spitter device: 0.5 kilograms
Ammunition Type: Energized physical projectile
Ammunition Capacity: sixteen dart capacity
Range: eight meters

Your energy blades basically follow the design principles of a lightsaber, which only work in part because of the rituals Jedi go through in constructing their personal lightsaber. As such, there's almost no way for a non-force user to have such a weapon and maintain a small form.

Talking with other Roleplaying judges, since the stated mechanics of this closely mirror that of a lightsaber, and since your basis for its construction follows those same principles, the only way this could be constructed would be by a fairly advanced Force-using individual. After that, it could be used, but it would require some training to learn how to use it effectively.

Zev Stargo

Z
Velmorians also used energy swords that were close to energy swords and it seems to be implied that it was in general military use and nothing suggests that they were all force users or that their smiths were.

Zev Stargo

Z
Yes, but enough time has passed that such a weapon could be redesigned. A non-force user carrying a similar, while maybe not as powerful, weapon like a lightsaber is something well sought after. Eventually someone, somewhere would rediscover the tech or recreate it and then use it to make a device that could be the first step in non-force user lightsabers. If accepted I plan on playing this gauntlet as more of a milestone, it would not have the ability to cut straight though anything (i.e huge metal doors) like a lightsaber but would still be a substantial discovery in the world of weapons.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ayden Cater said:
Talking with other Roleplaying judges, since the stated mechanics of this closely mirror that of a lightsaber, and since your basis for its construction follows those same principles, the only way this could be constructed would be by a fairly advanced Force-using individual. After that, it could be used, but it would require some training to learn how to use it effectively.
Again, Zev, this is staff consensus. Get a high Knight or a Master to make it for you, do a training thread, and we have no problem with it...unless you keep fighting us on this.

Zev Stargo

Z
I'm not fighting i'm trying to make a valid argument. What is the point of even creating tech if you are not given a chance to try and plead your case? If I come off like a dick or that i'm being aggressive I apologize for that is not my intent.

The problem we're having right now is that when I suggested an acceptable alternative to the action, you switched your reasoning. First you were basing it off a lightsaber gauntlet. Then when I pointed the need out for a Force user to make it, you turned to a relatively obscure race's weapon as the template. Then when I pointed out the standing background of the board, you began arguing for its rediscovering.

If that's what you want to do, that's fine. But we like to see these sorts of things develop in threads. If you want the technology to be rediscovered, go rediscover it. As Roleplay judges, we're far more likely to accept a submission that was formed from the basis of something that happened in a thread, rather than just submitted without. It shows us that you're willing to put forth work into your creative ideas, and that means a lot to us.

Zev Stargo

Z
I never based it off either of those actually. If you would go back and read I pointed out that "Similar devices had been used by bounty hunters who were not force sensitive." I had not even read about the lightsaber gauntlet before submission. When you made the remark about only force users making it, which should have already been debunked by my earlier observation, I brought up the energy swords used by the Vermonians. I will RP the device, I was going to in the weapons of war thread, but I don't see how it matters what order I do it in. If you were really interested how I was to introduce it you could have PMd me and asked about specifics. The rediscovery or recreation of technology happens all the time, if one race did it you are telling me no other race EVER in hundreds of years is not going to come up with similar technology eventually? That would be insanely naive. While I appreciate that you are taking the time to discuss this with me, I feel as if there has been a miscommunication causing the predicament we are in now.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
We've both said we're willing to work with you on this. Right now is not a moment for looking back at things that can't be changed. Let's see about moving forward.

RP this out, show us the thread, and have a powerful Knight or a Master involved in its construction. If this is made to order, find a PC Forcer and hire them to help. Simple enough.

Zev Stargo

Z
Fair enough. I would still like to attempt its creation without force-users, which I will RP out in both the thread I mentioned and probably one other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom