Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ENDGAME - Flashpoint] A Book of Five Rings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMEqozMdslE​

THE XIAOLANG PALACE
The City of Xam'Chi

"...and that concludes the statement prepared by the people of Quan'Lo."

The Parliament was in session. Shoma was seated at what might have seemed a judge's bench, elevated above the other members of the Diet. The arrangement was not his choosing, but culture demanded that none sit higher than the emperor. Even though the Atrisian youth claimed no such title, it seemed that some habits were hard to break.

Bowing toward the representative of Quan'Lo, the young prince of Atrisia leaned forward to address the assembled governors and representatives. "The people of Atrisia thank the honorable representative of Quan'Lo for sharing these words with us."

It was a rote statement. Almost scripted. The words expected.

That's what Shoma had found rule to be. Acting. He need only look the part. Say the words he was expected to say.

The planet continued orbiting and rotating no matter what he did. Governance was much the same. Continuing with the political theater, the prince leaned forward as he said, "The people of Atrisia now recognize the honorable representative of the..."

The doors to the Diet were thrown open, the ancient wood creaking loudly as they swung on their hinges.

Shoma's eyes were raised in surprise at the interruption. Surprise, deepening to concern when he saw his security and defense ministers marching into the congressional chamber. Reaching over, the youth grabbed hold of a gavel and used it to strike a ceremonial gong that hung to one side by his seat.

The equivalent of a judge beating the gavel against the bench.

"We will take a short recess," the teen announced, even as he rose from his seat.

His chief of staff was speaking into his ear even before the youth had manage to stand up. "Coruscant is under attack."

The prince did a double take. An assault on Coruscant was a bold move. Not just due to sensitivities with the Alliance, but with the Coruscant First Movement as well. Shoma had been careful that Atrisia would tread softly when it came to Coruscant affairs.

If the planet was under attack from external forces, that was a different matter. "We must send aid," Shoma stated, as he was ushered out of the public chamber and into the private halls of the royal palace.

One of the generals, a decorated soldier who had served in the vanguard of the late Emperor [member="Akio Kahoshi"]'s Atrisia Royal Corps, stepped closer to the heir apparent. "My lord, the defense force have lost contact with Lothal and there are reports of hostilities at Fondor."

An admiral spoke next. "Lord, we believe the Alliance is facing an attack on many fronts."

Shoma paused his step. Turning to look at both men as he weighed their words. As he did, the general spoke up again. "If we send aid, to whom should we send it?" the man asked. "We have committed resources to rebuilding Alderaan and lack further resources with which to bolster Coruscant and Fondor."

"And Lothal lies far from our reach," the admiral remarked, adding, "We are not the galactic power that we once were."

The young prince lowered his head, chin tucked into the crook of his thumb and finger as he contemplated the situation.

The Alliance called for aid.

...so did the people of Atrisia.

If Shoma could not care for both, then his priorities were clear in this situation. "Activate the planetary shield," the prince ordered flatly, looking back up at the two men.

If Lothal, Fondor, and Coruscant were under attack, then all worlds of the Alliance were under threat. And Atrisia was close to the border with the First Order.

Shoma could not risk an attack with the shield down.

But no traffic could depart while the shield was raised.

No aid would be coming to the Alliance from Atrisia. Not this day.

"Whatever is happening to the worlds of the Alliance, we must trust that the Defense Forces will see to their needs," the teen remarked, looking at the general and admiral in turn. "We must be prepared to see to our own."

The two men bowed, then turned and left the teen with his chief of staff. After they were out of earshot, Shoma spoke, addressing Feng as he said, "Send a transmission to the Republic." That would hopefully reach [member="Adder Dawnracer"] or one of his staffers. "We have allies there."

Unfortunately, Atrisia was still in great need of allies.

Perhaps now more than ever.

[member="Shoma Ike"]

Junko had returned home to Atrisia to help with restoration efforts and what she found was Shoma having done a great job..... but that was short lived. Something was happening across the GA and it was a grea danger that she could sense. The jedi master herself was in her ship as it hovered over the mountain range outside of the defensive shield near their estate. Klaxons were going off, reports of attacks, or incidents and of Shoma being at risk. She wasn't certain if they were true but she was moving to go and meet him. To see in what way she could aid them as her runabout touched down. The princess exiting with her black and red kimono robes. Her saber was on her hip, hair piece and her solari make up. "Shoma, what is going on?" SHe said it walking quickly as the sound of the wooden geta tapped the floor.

The youth looked up.

The sound of her voice was reassuring, at least as much as anything could be. "I wish I knew," the teen remarked candidly. The distinct honor of his cousin's company being that this was one person with whom he didn't have to act any particular part. "The Alliance is being attacked at Coruscant and Fondor. Possibly Lothal. Maybe others."

It was an invasion of the Galactic Alliance in any case. The only uncertainty was the question of scale. "The admiralty is still trying to make sense out of it," the teen added, before explaining, "I've ordered Atrisia, Frisal, and Kilea go to alert status. If an attack is imminent from the First Order, we won't have much advance warning."

If any advance warning.

"We should probably send a message to Xiwangmu Temple," the youth added, as an after thought. Having [member="Zanza Hijikata"] and the Yovshin Swordsmen might prove invaluable if the Knights of Ren were to make landfall.

[member="Junko Ike"]​

[member="Shoma Ike"]

"Agreed." Junko stood there silently for a moment as the sounds came to her ears. The soft clack of muffled boots on the floor. The sound of robes and yovshin when the doors opened. Unaga entering with a swirl of her robes before she was looking at the pair. "Children report." THe mother and current Sosokan-Sama... the investigator of events, people and situations was close to the Empress who had remained. Allowing her to act as the chamberlain among the Atrisian people. She had a look on her face though that was warm but stern.. hair done up to look impressive before she walked over and touched both of their cheeks. "Whatever is happening we have been not just sitting around. There are soldiers and yovshin prepared to defend." Junko gave her a look and bowed her head as they could call in some fleets and ships to help. She knew there were a few ideas of what to do.

Kansai Province
City of Shiso
Clan Togashi Home, Hyogo
A lone figure sat upon a small mat upon bamboo floor. The black gi he wore hung semi lose upon his bulky form. But he was still with eyes drawn shut. The man sitting there was the rightful Lord of Hyogo. That person was known throughout the provinces known as Togashi Yokuni. One of the lords feared to have been killed by the One Sith.

Being one of the former Atrisan Lords he had always been somewhat of a mystery. The truth of his existence handed down to a trusted few among the ruling class of Atrisa. [member="Akio Kahoshi"] was very well aware of Yokuni. The truth was amazing one, and truth many would not understand. It would be hard for some to understand how one man could live for thousands of years.

During those long years it was rare for Yokuni to venture out of Hyogo. Many did not get to meet the mysterious figure in person. When that rare opportunity had arisen he wore a cultural mask and armor befitting a Yovshin Lord. The mask feed into the mystery Togashi Clan leader over the years. The popular believe that the mask and armor was just handed down through the generations.

In reality it had always been the same Lord, a Kashi Elder who had survived the destruction on the planet of Kashi, an Elder who had long ago found a new home on Atrisa.

There he was sitting in quiet mediation. The Galactic Alliance was crumbling. He could not be here and on Alderaan to protect all of his family. He was here on Atrisa. His daughter [member="Arabella Darkhold"] was here. Her husband [member="Muad Dib"] was here to.

The Elder was waiting for a sign to act. If the future pointed him to defend Atrisa once more, it was a future he would not deny.

[member="Shoma Ike"] [member="Junko Ike"]

He moved through the trees , a blur as he ran. The expanse of trees surrounded the compound that the Darkhold family had claimed. Flitting through the massive trunks that stood sentry he ran. Swaet glistened upon his torso as he sped through the small forest, exertion without use of the force. He believed that to be truly efficient you must be strong in soul, mind, and body and that only through this would your connection with the force be unfettered. And while many would question his sanity, he had come to terms with his innate difference from most people. He was called Mad, and he accepted and embraced the moniker.

Pausing from his flat out circular run he slowed to a walk and moved to the perimeter of the tree line to look down upon the city surrounding the Darkhold estate. No, not Darkhold but Togashi. A light smirk crossed her face as sweat dripped into his glowing eyes. Wiping it free he paused to look at the Sith runes decorating his left arm from elbow to knuckles. It seemed a life time ago since the three apprentices had gone into the temple. And though he had lived before that moment, life truly began that day. The day he had met [member="Arabella Darkhold"] .

Reaching into his pants pocket he pulled out the comlink that had buzzed during his run. A message from Captain Hrakness. "Sir, attacks are occuring on several fronts of the Galactic Alliance. Sith and Ren. Rumors are that the Mandalorians are mustering as well. Task Force Unicorn is still in the neighboring system. Permission to rendezvous in system to lend support. Also, Viceroy Dib sent a message that I'm forwarding to you now."

The smirk was wiped from his face as he listened to Derek's message. "Brother, war comes for the GA. I'm mustering and heading to Alderaan. We failed them once, but not again. May the Force be with you." Quickly Muad sent a message to the captain, the words echoing in his mind as he used the force to refresh himself and fly back through the trees.

"Captain, come."

Nearing the wall he utilized the force and leaped over the obstacle, landing within the compound. The sense of Master Darkhold was easy to find and Muad moved in that direction. Weaving around the side of the building he paused at the entrance, slipping the boots off, before silently passing toward the meditating [member="Darkhold"] . Easing to a stop a few meters away he waited for a moment, sure that the man he knew as Garith had sensed him.

"War."

[member="Junko Ike"] I [member="Shoma Ike"]

Kansai Province
City of Shiso
Clan Togashi Home, Hyogo
Still in meditation the Elder’s mind was floated with knowledge. Once again the once was soaked with blood and suffering. Living for so long had left him desensitized to the brutality of war. So each time he felt a life ended he had simply forgotten how to feel sympathy. It was the minds simple way keeping sanity
[member="Muad Dib"] made no attempt to hide his presence and the Elder’s senses were attended searching the currents of the Force. He most certainly had sensed his son in-law.

“It has”, Lord Darkhold spoke to his former apprentice, who was now considered a Master among many circles. “We’re too far to help with Alderaan. If war comes here we can make our presence known. That would mean I would have to wear The Emerald and Gold of Clan Togashi. This would seem like an opportune moment to show that Clan Togashi and Alderaan still support the current rule of Atrisa. What are your feelings?”

Eyes lids still shut it was apparent the Elder was still searching events through the Force.

[member="Arabella Darkhold"] [member="Junko Ike"] [member="Shoma Ike"]

She had seen what happen to Alderaan saw what it did to the people and to her family. Once again it seemed war was looming on the horizon. She could feel the father and husband together. She wasn't quite ready to join them.

She remembered the days when Hyogo was so quiet and she had been so alone. But once again the house was a home with the presence of family to comfort her. Her brother [member="Garith Organa"] was not here. She understood him to be on Alderaan or among the Jedi on Kashyyyk. He was safe it seemed unless of course he decided to take an active role in the events now.

The Alliance was falling and the vultures were circling to take what they could. She was surprised that Mythos had not appeared yet to claim the throne of Atrisia. But then she did not know where he was or what he was doing but if he came he would find that Atrisia was different. They would not welcome him in the throngs that he liked. No [member="Shoma Ike"] right now was the crown prince of Atrisia. He would stand against any invader.

But that meant the First Order who was closer to them just might decide to come. She knew no one in the First Order

Her thoughts wandering Bella began to walk towards where she knew her family was. Where was Jia? near?

She heard her father's words even though she was not yet in the room. From the hall where she could project her voice, "I support my family who live on Alderaan and Atrisia. I support" she turned the corner to look into the room, "Shoma and Faith." She gave them half a smile.

"It is an opportunity."

[member="Darkhold"] | [member="Muad Dib"]

He listened as the [member="Darkhold"] spoke still in his meditative state. The mando'ad Kashi spoke of certainty of war and action. A quip twirked his lips in amusement.

"You do not have to wear the armor. We always have a choice. War desensitizes us, but the blood in our veins still pump hot for worthy combat. And honor drives us to answer our pledges."

He shifted to the side of the ancient Kashi, his back to the elder as he closed his eyes and felt the shifting lines within the force. Upheaval was easy to notice, the turbulence in the force moving like a total wave towards an unseen goal. War was coming. That, at least, was a certainty. He opened his eyes.

"Alderaan is too far for our assistance. Yet my brother goes to answer the pledge he had given. A fleet is in transit, both here and to Alderaan. Alderaan will not stand alone. Faith and [member="Draco Vereen"] will not stand alone."

He turned slowly to face the meditating Garith. In all his life he had called only a few 'master', and meant it with only one. A smile cracked his face at his riduur's words. Then a hard set to Muad's jaw drifted over his face.

"I stand with my wife, my vode, my aliit. I stand with my Master. My beskad is yours, as it ever was. If war finds you, I shall be at your side."

[member="Junko Ike"] I [member="Shoma Ike"] I [member="Arabella Darkhold"]

Kansai Province
City of Shiso
Clan Togashi Home, Hyogo
“Symbolism is a powerful weapon”, The Elder chimed in. “The Mask has command respect and fear for thousands of years on Atrisa. It will be a reminder to Atrisa of its proud history. That and it will show Clan Togashi supports the current rightful regime. Tradition is a powerful weapon here on Atrisa. You might not know how many times to turn the cup of tea before picking it up or its meaning. However that does not change the fact that it does have meaning.”

Opening his eyes The Elder Kashi now stood tall. “It would embolden the people. I will wear the Emerald and Gold once more. Even for it maybe just for one more day!”

Walking over to a wall, The Elder pushed upon it. The wood and paper wall moved in a folding fashion showing a cubby. Sitting there was the emerald and gold. The armor of Togashi Yokuni and his katana and wakashi.

[member="Muad Dib"] [member="Arabella Darkhold"] [member="Junko Ike"] [member="Shoma Ike"]

atrisia+banner1.png
[ Theme ]

The teen gave a bow toward his older cousin.

His duties tied him to the palace. Particularly now. So, even though he might want to prepare the Yovshin Swordsmen himself, that was not his place. He would have to trust that [member="Junko Ike"] would do so in his stead.

The role of planetary governor was one with limits, even as people might have imagined it free of them.

Footsteps heralded the approach of the admiralty. "Lord, Lady," the admiral uttered respectfully, bowing in turn toward Shoma and then Junko. As the man straightened back up, he reported, "We have confirmed the rumors of an attack on Sullust."

Coruscant. Fondor. Sullust. And no word about Lothal going silent.

This was getting worse all the time...

"We've also received a distress call from Chandrila," the admiral amended.

The teen did a double-take. After a moment, the youth said, "I must address the people before rumor takes hold." People would notice that the planetary shield generator was going operational. And these reports were going to start fueling concern. Possibly even panic.

If he was to rule, he would need to get out in front of that.

"Prepare for a planet-wide address."

[member="Darkhold"] | [member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Arabella Darkhold"]

[member="Shoma Ike"]

Junko looked at him and bowed as she was seeing the same reports. The Silver Jedi she knew had went to Coruscant. to try and help who they could others went around the rest of the Galactic Alliance space to try and help. She didn't know what might happen as Unaga stood there with her. "THere are other issues Shoma." The older Atrisian said it when she looked towards him then down. "There are not going to be any easy answers child but there are alternatives. You are young, you are skilled but this may be more then just one can handle. You should call for the lords and ladies of the houses. Those still around and loyal." She was standing there looking at it and had her reports. "I have been working on discerning which ones may be loyal to Mythos should he try and return and which ones will be loyal to House Kahoshi should it rise again. The other royal houses are waiting to learn who will officially take the throne." She presented them. "We will have dangers here as well, the yovshin who served mythos never left the planet they returned to their houses, the soldiers and ones who jumped to serve him. We can't look towards the other worlds while neglecting the dangers that could be close at hime. That is why I had Junko bring her Onna-Bugeisha here." Junko was looking at them both and she had her elites here to help. They had come with a number of ships to help Atrisia.

[member="Junko Ike"] had a point.

Without the GADF, there would need to be a police force. And that would require substantial support, in which the Houses and Clans would be invaluable.

The simpler solution was to make the Houses and Clans responsible for it. And there was a historical example that served precisely that function. "Send word to the Houses," Shoma remarked, looking over at his chief of staff. "The time has come for the Yovshin Swordsmen to take their rightful place as the defenders of the people."

And if the Alliance Defense Forces were truly overwhelmed, then they would have a long road ahead of them.

"We should try to make contact with Alderaan," the teen remarked, looking back over at his cousin. "I would be curious how they are reacting to news of the invasion."

[member="Shoma Ike"]

Junko gave a nod of her head as she was looking over at some of the reports. "We can do that, though our numbers are still depeleted. Training new yovshin and soldiers takes time. All of those battles that took them off world." She didn't say with mythos who had attacked and taken a large contingent across the galaxy to attack a jedi system to take it over... effectively occupying it and as she had seen from the reports... mostly abandoning them there to be attacked when the system rebelled. So many lives lost but they hadn't a whole to begin with. "Aside from those injured and those assigned to protect the cities or some of the houses. We may be able to get ten percent of our effective strength Shoma. We're going to need to prioritize. THe shield generator, food and water production facilities should be the first things we protect. Household guards mustered to defend but we won't be able to concentrate them in a single area."

Adder Dawnracer

A
Nadiem, Dawnracer Homestead

"Senator, there's an urgent communique for you from Atrisia?"

Adder looked up as soon as he heard the name of the world that it had come from. Atrisia was where Shoma was from, and an urgent message likely meant that there was something wrong.

"Let me see it," he said, holding out his hand.

His attache brought the datapad over and handed it to him. As he skimmed through what it had to say, he waved a hand for the assistant to leave him alone, which resulted in him being left in a place where he could think and communicate without any secrets being divulged. To be safe, he pulled out a bug blocker and activated it. That would keep any potential unwanted spies from finding out anything.

Next he pulled out a holotransmitter and attuned it to call Shoma. Hopefully the young Atrisian was somewhere where they could talk. If not, maybe he could get there. Adder knew what was going on out there, and he wished he could be helping, but there were other ways to help, like the shipments of food he was preparing for relief efforts. But he needed to talk to Shoma.

"Pick up, Shoma. Come on."

[member="Shoma Ike"]

[member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Darkhold"] | [member="Shoma Ike"]

Bella gazed upon the armor she had not been allowed to touch it when growing up but she had always admired the workman ship, and the colors. She imagined many times that she was a warrior protecting the lands and the people. She looked to her father again she knew about the traditions and what they meant to her father.

She nodded to Muadie, "A symbol of our house really. A lot like mandalorians when it comes to honor, and tradition."

His wife, he said it out loud she felt the heat in her face she had never expected to be his wife, though they had been as much before the vows.

"Just don't turn the cup too many times Muadie. " She didn't know what else to say other than to wait for her father to continue.

He watched as [member="Darkhold"] gazed upon the ancient armor, explaining the significance of the suit. It was a symbol, a symbol that would stand with the people and ruler of Atrisia. He gave a sidelong glance and wink to Bella before looking once more to the master. The elder had his mind made up, and so was Muad's.

"Perhaps it's a good thing I don't drink tea then. I'm more partial to Whyren's Reserve anyway. I will prepare."

Turning he placed a hand upon [member="Arabella Darkhold"]'s shoulder and leaned in to kiss her slightly flushed cheek softly. Then he was off, headed to their room.

A quick shower then he dressed in his beskar'gam, gauntlets being slipped on and the armored boots coming next. Fixing his kama around his waist he tightened the bes'briik and paused, remembering the Mandalorian Protectors. That was early in his life as a vod, and the memories were bitter sweet as he bowed his head silently remembering fallen vod.

Collecting his weapons he slung the imbued blade across his back and moved from the room that had become a familiar residence in such a short time. Not home, not yet, but anywhere he was with his riduur, even before the simple vow, was home. And this planet was to be home, a place they would establish together for their family.

Returning once more to the room where the father and daughter duo had been, Muad paused to check his comlink to see what the timetable was for the arrival of his Task Force Unicorn along with several of his Clan. Just as he had rallied to Bella's cause, her father's cause, so too would his people join him unquestionably. Moving fully into the room he felt the buy'ce swinging lightly from the netting at his belt next to the curved kal, a gift from a vod from before the cataclysm of Manda'yaim.

"I am ready."

[member="Junko Ike"] I [member="Shoma Ike"]

Kansai Province
City of Shiso
Clan Togashi Home, Hyogo
Then the Elder was left alone to suit up. It was not out of the ordinary that the Elder said nothing as his daughter and son in-law left the room. His eyes were still upon the armor and nothing else. He did not come back home to wear this armor again. He did not come reclaim his old titles. He was just here to help his daughter settle in. It was her turn. She could be The Lady of Hyogo .

Sometime later…

“So am I”, the Elder spoke. Yokuni was still testing some of the leather straps. It fastened tightly and this was the tried time had tested it. His Besker’gam now sat in the cubby. It seemed fitting and the best place to put it for now. “Soon as Bella is ready I will make the call and we shall get this started”, Younki went over and shut the doors to the armor alcove.

[member="Muad Dib"] [member="Arabella Darkhold"] [member="Junko Ike"] [member="Shoma Ike"]

If they were going to go see [member="Shoma Ike"] then she needed to dress in a formal traditional style outfit. It would take her a bit longer to get ready, Hitomi helped her into the traditional colors of her house.

It was binding, but it also allowed for her hide a few things among the folds. Such as a few shuriken to have within reach should they be needed. Then within her sleeves the sai set. She looked ready to meet a crown prince.

They would need to request the audience, not just show up. Arabella took the time while standing still to call the Crown Prince staff and ask to come by within the hour to speak with him. Then she headed back to where her father and husband waited.

What about Jia? Did she wish to come, or hang around until they got back?

She didn't want her left out if she wanted to be part of the meeting.

[member="Darkhold"] |[member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Shoma Ike"] | [member="Junko Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom