Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ello Gov'nor

Hello. I fumbled across this site, and in my love for both Star Wars and Roleplay (Though I do prefer chatroom-based RP, but those don't really exist anymore. ={) I decided to create an account and have some RP!

I however have some questions? Timeline. Where does the general RP take place? I've found the factions page, and generally thought out my character, Alot of the timelines in the holonet entries are a bit confusing, jumping around a few thousands of years on one page. It is just a melting pot of RP? Anyone can RP with anyone at any time, or is there a coherent timeline?

Thank you, and my apologies if I've missed a post that would answer the above question. I simply have not found it if it does exist. I think maybe a quick-start guide would be beneficial. Thank you for your time!

PS: As for Episode VII. I'm hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst... But as time passes, and leakes are leaked... I'm expecting the worst. =[ They're going to destroy Star Wars.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Welcome [member="Zosma Undatt"]

Ask questions, explore, and enjoy your stay. :D

Q: Timeline?
A: We currently RP in a custom timeline that is currently ~844 years after the movies. There was a giant plague that wiped out civilization in 426 ABY and everybody had to sort of start over. So. Everything since about ~835 ABY has been nothing but player-driven storylines. Our timeline if very accessible however and we try not to take it too seriously.

Good question! :)

Sam Kazroy said:
Welcome [member="Zosma Undatt"]

Ask questions, explore, and enjoy your stay. :D

Q: Timeline?
A: We currently RP in a custom timeline that is currently ~844 years after the movies. There was a giant plague that wiped out civilization in 426 ABY and everybody had to sort of start over. So. Everything since about ~835 ABY has been nothing but player-driven storylines. Our timeline if very accessible however and we try not to take it too seriously.

Good question! :)
Thank you for replying! Honestly I've been sitting here, figuratively at the edge of my seat mashing F5 while I work on my character sheet waiting for someone to reply. :p

Awesome. So the story I thought up will work with some edits and... Yes... Within the next 30-40 minutes I'll have mine posted. I'd love some feedback, and don't be afraid to be honest, if you see something silly, stupid, or insane, don't be afraid to tell me so.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Zosma Undatt"]

1. Don't smash F5. Even the fastest poster on this website don't reply much faster than every hour. We take it slow around here. Unless Skype. Then it's cray-cray fast.

2. Good plan. Great plan. :D

Sam Kazroy said:
[member="Zosma Undatt"]

1. Don't smash F5. Even the fastest poster on this website don't reply much faster than every hour. We take it slow around here. Unless Skype. Then it's cray-cray fast.

2. Good plan. Great plan. :D
[member="Sam Kazroy"]

Noted and posted!

How do you easily do the mention people thing?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
You click the @Mention text underneath their Avatar. Then it slots the name into the reply box and sends them a Notification once submitted. Should the @Mention button not work. (Usually do to phantom formatting) Then simply type in: member="name" <--- In brackets. This should fix it.

Good question. :)

Jay Scott Clark said:
You click the @Mention text underneath their Avatar. Then it slots the name into the reply box and sends them a Notification once submitted. Should the @Mention button not work. (Usually do to phantom formatting) Then simply type in: member="name" <--- In brackets. This should fix it.

Good question. :)
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Oh! I'm blind. I didn't even see the @Mention button until you pointed it out. T.T Thank you!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Zosma Undatt"]

NP. I've looked over your bio and I must say. Spot on. I'll let the boys and girls in the Imperium Faction take you from here. Cheers and happy hunting! :D

Don't forget to explore, browse, read up, and ask questions. You got this.

Zosma Undatt said:
Though I do prefer chatroom-based RP, but those don't really exist anymore. ={) I
Actually, they do! Ever heard of the site called Habbo? It's a game like chat-room that's browser based. There's a UK based 'SWRP' (Star Wars Role-play) there. It's a pretty cool community, disregarding the saltines. Anyways, welcome to SWRP Chaos!

Bing said:
Actually, they do! Ever heard of the site called Habbo? It's a game like chat-room that's browser based. There's a UK based 'SWRP' (Star Wars Role-play) there. It's a pretty cool community, disregarding the saltines. Anyways, welcome to SWRP Chaos!
Eh. I tried it a couple years ago and decided it really isn't for me. The voxel really doesn't work for me. I did SWRP on Second Life for about 4 years until I joined the Army. The community there has gone to shit, but then the entire SL comunity has gone down hill. Corporate missteps that they can't overcome. That being said... There is something to be said about pure, imagination driven text based RP that I miss. Pictures for refrence, sure, but no silly visual representation, if you get my meaning.

Back in my day around 2000 Game Spy Arcade was a great RP chat room. From what I understand Myspace and Facebook have them buut... Meh... Nah. Anyway.. rambling done.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Zosma Undatt"]

Good first post. Just do me a favor though. Go to the Imperium Faction, join it by clicking the little black button, and then post up an advertisement thread for their members to join your thread in their OOC Discussion Forum.

Otherwise your post runs the risk of being drowned under the shear number of threads around here. Lulz. 2 centz. :D

Jay Scott Clark said:
[member="Zosma Undatt"]

Good first post. Just do me a favor though. Go to the Imperium Faction, join it by clicking the little black button, and then post up an advertisement thread for their members to join your thread in their OOC Discussion Forum.

Otherwise your post runs the risk of being drowned under the shear number of threads around here. Lulz. 2 centz. :D
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Oh already done. My application is pending approval. D:

Edit: Wait, might have already been approved...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom