Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Elias' Light Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elias Arna

E
Intent: A shield used to protect Elias
Development Thread: Yes, working on starting one.
Hero Unit: Don’t know if this would be considered a hero unit.
Manufacturer: self-made
Model: Elias’ Shield
Affiliation: Elias Arna
Modularity: Yes (crystals and color)
Production: Unique
Material: Bracer is made of songsteel so it will be light yet Lightsaber resistant shield is made along the same principles of a lightsaber.
Description: A shield that is emitted from a bracer on Elias left arm The shape of the shield is oval and runs lengthwise across his arm. The bracer is made from songsteel to protect against lightsaber if he does not have enough time to activate his shield.
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 1kg
Length: 0.8 meters
Quality: 10
Other Feature(s): none
(I was asked to make this for reasons of “To be on the safe side I would say yes. The source on that particular article is dubious but there are other shields like that in canon, so I would say its best to make an entry for it.”)

Elias Arna

E
The differences that I see between them is that the light shield is made from actual lightsaber tech while the other is more of a energy shield

Elias Arna

E
Since it is made of lightsaber like material I would say yes. but it cuts less effectively than a normal lightsaber blade. I was thinking about the same power as a Lightfoil

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Since this would be a major advancement in lightsabre technology, towards what I would consider a lost technology, this is plausible, but you would have to have a Master help you build it over the course of an RP.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
It's canon in Polyhedron - basically the lowest possible rank of canon. We've established that permutations of lightsabre technology are more appropriate for upper-level characters.

Of course it can cut, it's made of plasma just as a lightsaber is(uses a Diathium powercell). Also a version of this is displayed by the Mandalorians in The Clone Wars Series. Though i do not know if that is able to cut.

Ill bow to you Ashin on this, but just saying.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
There are some marginal precedents, yes, but this is one step away from 'hey, I want a curved lightsabre.' In terms of both the precedent and the capacity, having a Master involved in the RP seems a good way to keep the precedent from getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom