Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Eli-o'o Kahe (Digging blast snail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B6dWvsfIUAAVmwR.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Intent: To create a cool mine using Vong tech[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Image Source: Here[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Canon Link: Dovin Basal, Yammosk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Primary Source: None[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Manufacturer: RMIA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Affiliation: Zakkuul Eternal Empire, Closed markets[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Model: eli-o’o Kahe (Digging Blast snail)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Modularity: minor, appearance and color may vary. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Production: Minor.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Material: Biological components, dovin basal[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Classification: Land Mine[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Size: Small[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Weight: Light[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Ammunition Type: Self, its a mine[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Ammunition Capacity: None, its a mine[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Reload Speed: None, it’s a mine[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Effective Range: Pointblank/personal [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Rate of Fire: Very low- its a mine, one and done[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Stopping Power: Very High[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Recoil: None, it’s a mine[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Force dead: The eli-o’o Kahe is Force dead, meaning any Jedi or Sith attempts to locate it, or any attempts to move it with the force are pretty much impossible.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Organic: Makes it almost impossible to be detected with metal detectors[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Telepathic link: The telepathic link allows for remote detonation. However, the average non-Yammosk being can only link to 3 at a time. The only purpose of this telepathic link is to detonate it.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Singularity: The Dovin Basal is designed to create a mini singularity (black hole), that does massive damage to targets caught in the middle of it. This is the only purpose of the Dovin Basal, there is no other function it can cause.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Force dead: The eli-o’o Kahe is Force dead, meaning any Jedi or Sith attempts to locate it, or any attempts to move it with the force are pretty much impossible. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Massive blast: The Dovin Basal in the eli-o’o Kahe is designed with one intent in mind--to create a singularity blast. The Dovin Basal does not protect or mitigate damage or anything--its engineered only to create a singularity blast. As a result, the blast it creates is substantial. It’s basically a mini-black hole in a 1.5 meter (5 foot) radius. Structures, beings, and transports are all prone to the damage it can do.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Challenging disarm: To disarm the Eli-o’o Kahe is basically an act of surgery. Disarming one of these in the heat of battle is literally attempting neurosurgery in the heat of battle.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Burrow: The Eli-o’o Kahe burrows into the ground through dirt, stone, rocks, and son, leaving virtually not trace of its existence in a matter of seconds. Close examination would reveal little more than a small disturbance, not credible to most known mines or booby traps.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Remote detonation: the Eli-o’o Kahe can be remotely detonated by the user with a thought. This is the only function of the telepathic link. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Indiscriminate damage: the eli-o’o Kahe functions as a mine. It deals indiscriminate damage, regardless of whether those in the firing zone are allies or foes. Keep your friends close and your enemies further away with this thing--unless you want new friends, which we could theoretically hire out for you.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Challenging disarm: Be careful where you place the eli-o’o Kahe. There is no “friendly off switch” once it is placed, the disarm process is the same for friend and foe. Moreover, the burrow mentality can make it hard to remember where you placed the eli-o’o at times (Sorry, Doug).[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Electrical damage: The eli-o’o Kahe is armed, it is rather prone to physical damage. The eli-o’o Kahe is rather prone to electrical damage. A quick shock is sure to stun the poor snail; a stronger one is more likely to make it comatose. Extended exposure to electricity is sure to kill it.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Telepathic limit: The average being can only sustain a connection to 3 Eli-o’o Kahe at a time for remote detonation. The only ones who could possibly overcome that are [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Mine: The eli-o’o Kahe is a mine, it gets one chance to detonate, after that its more than donezo, its dead, Jim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Have you ever wondered what an exploding snail could do to a man? We have. Here at RMIA we decided to find out. First, the means of said explosion were decided--after thorough testing and consulting with our local vong experts, an agreement was reached that a local snail on Pzob would be given the elevated status of the exploding snail. Honestly, there was nothing much that separated these snails from your average snail, except they were out in Ardgal’s front yard and there happened to be a ton of them. Wrong place wrong time, I guess. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Our Vong shapers initially bred the snails to be much larger, about the size of a man’s hand, to maximize their capacity. Unfortunately, when that happened, they lost their ability to reproduce, so we had to start averting to good ol’ fashion cloning. To stick to internal consistency, the master clone snail was later named Snailo Fett.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The offspring of Good ol’ Snailo were not trained to wear white armor and fight droids. Instead they were implanted with modified Dovin Basals. These Dovin Basals were a lot smaller than the average Dovin Basal. This size modification came at a cost. Instead of being able project fields of protection or the ability to propel the Eli-o’o Kahe through space, they were able to commit one rather large, destructive (temporary) singularity about 1.5 meters in diameter. Initial testing showed these were incredibly effective. Imagine putting a tank, even partially, in a 1.5 meter black hole for a fraction of a second and that’s about the results our initial testing showed for the Eli-o’o Kahe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Unfortunately Snailo’s genes had to be modified a little more to provide a low-grade telepathy field to his offspring. With this genetic make up addition, a single “explode” command could be given to the eli-o’o Kahe, making the snail detonate. Also, the Eli-o’o Kahe will detonate if stepped on, it basically can function as a proximity mine. The big problem is, the snail’s telepathy field only permits the average user to hold 3 links at once. A Yammosk would be the only creature in existence with the ability to hold more than 3 of these. Their limits haven’t quite been tested yet. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]All in all, it’s just a unique version for a land mine. Come pick yours up at the local RMIA outpost today![/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom