Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Elana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Sith Apprentice Elana
Loyalties: Darth Skygge
Role: Apprentice to Darth Skygge

Development Threads: Cataclysm
Colours of the Force

Species: Human

Appearance: Elana is short, no more than 5'1" at best, with dark brown hair that is usually kept back in a utilitarian, no-nonsense style. Dark eyes peer from a round face and frame a slightly upturned nose. Her small frame supports a good deal of muscle and a small layer of fat that just keeps her from being called well-toned. She typically dresses in a utilitarian fashion, usually in shades of black and gray.

Personality: Elana has a tendency towards rage, particularly towards Jedi (or towards anyone who insults her height). She has a fairly short fuse, and she has few reservations about using her lightsaber to teach a lesson. She is touchy about her strength in the Force. She has an unwavering loyalty towards Darth Skygge, but doesn't typically trust other Force users of any persuasion without proof that they mean her or her master no harm.

Force Sensitivity: Apprentice

Weapon of Choice: Lightsaber and the Force

Skills: Elana is a slightly above-average duelist, a bit more advanced than most apprentice-level Sith but not to the level of a Knight. However, she is weaker in the Force than most apprentice-level Sith, except for one particular ability - she can create a small shield of Force energy around her hands sufficient to catch and hold a lightsaber blade for a short time - no more than ten seconds.

Wealth: Nothing other than personal effects, a few changes of clothes, her lightsaber, and whatever personal equipment a Sith might carry at any given time. She's not interested in personal wealth.

Combat Function: As noted above, Elana is a slightly above-average duelist, and is at her best when working in tandem with Skygge or another advanced apprentice such as Irtar Mil'Gro. Her rage at the Jedi gives her exceptional strength at the cost of some fluidity; as such, she trains in Djem So, which channeled her rage into powerful blows to beat aside an opponent's defenses, but this often leaves her open to precise strikes.

Notable Possessions: Nothing of note except her personal lightsaber.

History: Elana was a Jedi trainee until the age of fifteen, when she abandoned the Jedi and set out to discover the Sith. As a Jedi, she felt constantly held back and overlooked by her Masters, and the arrogance of the Masters rankled her. Because she was not as strong in the Force, and because of her growing anger, she was a difficult pupil to train, and her Master was not the most patient Jedi.

When she left the Jedi, she found herself attached to the same temple as Myra Tyrell, who was by then calling herself Skygge. She was present for the devastation of Xa Fel and survived, besting two Void Knights in combat. Skygge noted her potential as a duelist and took her as a trainee at her newly established training grounds. Before long, Elana had risen to a sufficient proficiency with a blade that Skygge considered her an advanced apprentice and permitted her to begin instructing others. The Sith Knight also began taking her on galaxy-spanning trips, usually with another apprentice, to personally oversee parts of her training.

It was on one of those trips that she, Skygge, and another apprentice found themselves crossing blades with a Jedi father and mother, whose child a third of Skygge's apprentices had tried to kidnap. Elana was engaged in combat only briefly, long enough to save Skygge's life and help her to their shuttle, but the experience inflated her ego and her distaste for the Jedi.
However, she was also the apprentice that accompanied Skygge to Ilum, where her Master discovered a path of light to walk. Elana was not willing to embrace the path herself, as she still associated the light with the Jedi, and she was still prone to fits of rage, but she was willing to consider that there was perhaps another way.

Intent: Elana has been developed as one of Skygge's advanced apprentices through TRF, and I want to continue her development on Chaos. At some point she may morph into a full PC, but for now she's intended to act as a counterpoint to Skygge's development. Mostly, she'll be used in private roleplays, though she may play a minor role in some faction roleplays whenever Skygge gets to that point. She also functions as a messenger for Skygge whenever it would be impractical for Skygge herself to go.

Rekali the Hutt

R
Darth Skygge said:
Development Threads: Cataclysm - http://rebelfaction....m=posts&q=13112Colours of the Force - http://rebelfaction....m=posts&q=14012

There seems to be an issue with these links, they're redirecting me to this Submission. Could I get you to hyperlink the thread and have it presented as the thread's title?

Darth Skygge said:
Wealth: Other than what wealth a Sith apprentice would be expected to have on her person, none.
I understand what you're saying here, but we have multiple Sith on the board who believe that controlling the economy gives them control of the galaxy, and usually build up companies and wealth as part of their mission and teach that their apprentice should do this as well. Could you be just a little more specific?

Darth Skygge said:
Combat Function: As noted above, Elana is a slightly above-average duelist, and is at her best when working in tandem with Skygge or another advanced apprentice such as Irtar Mil'Gro. Her rage at the Jedi gives her exceptional strength at the cost of some fluidity; as such, she trains in Djem So, which channeled her rage into powerful blows to beat aside an opponent's defenses, but this often leaves her open to precise strikes.
I really like the descriptions of how she fights and all of that, but there's nothing here really indicating how strong she is, but "slightly above-average duelist" is far too general. Just looking at this section I have no idea if Elana is an apprentice or a master. I'd like to see some edits along the lines of "apprentice-level force user with a specialization in bladework" along with whatever else she's capable of. Furthermore I'd like a list of all lightsaber forms and Force powers she's proficient with.

Darth Skygge said:
She was present for the devastation of Xa Fel and survived, besting two Void Knights in combat.
I can't find any info of Void Knight on the wookiee, are they a PC organization I'm not familiar with? And how exactly did she beat them? While I'm not opposed to this sort of fluff I just don't want it to be used as a precedent in a later thread, along the lines of "Elana once bested two Void Knights in combat, dealing with PC/well developed NPC would be a piece of pie".

Darth Skygge said:
At some point she may morph into a full PC,
Full disclosure here, you may use develop and use Elara as an NPC and then morph her to a PC as you like, but regardless of whatever development she has as an NPC she will not be allowed to start at Knight or Master level, and will have to go through the ropes as an apprentice.

Lastly a disclaimer. NPC's as a whole are not intended to be used as aides in a duel, just sources of character development, background noise, immersion, etc. None of that is in your intent, and I don't believe that's the point of this submission but I like to be thorough and say that this submission's approval will not cement an advantage for Skygge when she fights against a or multiple PC's.

[member="Darth Skygge"]

Rekali the Hutt said:
There seems to be an issue with these links, they're redirecting me to this Submission. Could I get you to hyperlink the thread and have it presented as the thread's title?

I understand what you're saying here, but we have multiple Sith on the board who believe that controlling the economy gives them control of the galaxy, and usually build up companies and wealth as part of their mission and teach that their apprentice should do this as well. Could you be just a little more specific?

I really like the descriptions of how she fights and all of that, but there's nothing here really indicating how strong she is, but "slightly above-average duelist" is far too general. Just looking at this section I have no idea if Elana is an apprentice or a master. I'd like to see some edits along the lines of "apprentice-level force user with a specialization in bladework" along with whatever else she's capable of. Furthermore I'd like a list of all lightsaber forms and Force powers she's proficient with.

I can't find any info of Void Knight on the wookiee, are they a PC organization I'm not familiar with? And how exactly did she beat them? While I'm not opposed to this sort of fluff I just don't want it to be used as a precedent in a later thread, along the lines of "Elana once bested two Void Knights in combat, dealing with PC/well developed NPC would be a piece of pie".

Full disclosure here, you may use develop and use Elara as an NPC and then morph her to a PC as you like, but regardless of whatever development she has as an NPC she will not be allowed to start at Knight or Master level, and will have to go through the ropes as an apprentice.

Lastly a disclaimer. NPC's as a whole are not intended to be used as aides in a duel, just sources of character development, background noise, immersion, etc. None of that is in your intent, and I don't believe that's the point of this submission but I like to be thorough and say that this submission's approval will not cement an advantage for Skygge when she fights against a or multiple PC's.

[member="Darth Skygge"]
​1) Fixed the links (I think - they're links to the site I transferred from, so if they still don't work, let me know).

2) Not sure what else to say, but I tried to add more. I'm not interested in accumulating wealth, but I don't want to nickel and dime my characters. She has her personal effects, her lightsaber, a few standard items that most spacefaring people would carry, and possibly a few credits, but nothing more.

3) Um...I think I did that, at least as much as I'm going to.

Skills: Elana is a slightly above-average duelist, a bit more advanced than most apprentice-level Sith but not to the level of a Knight. However, she is weaker in the Force than most apprentice-level Sith, except for one particular ability - she can create a small shield of Force energy around her hands sufficient to catch and hold a lightsaber blade for a short time - no more than ten seconds.
Other than that, I can't say much more. I don't deal with named Force powers - they're a function of pen-and-paper RPGs and/or computer games, and I don't use them in writing. Heck, even in pen-and-paper stuff, I avoid names, since they're usually corny at best.

4) All that's in Skygge's bio. I'd have to repost years of history from The Rebel Faction for you to get what the Void Knights are. If you're interested, read the bio, or you can read this thread.

5) Don't know or care about duels. I'm interested in writing a good story.

If that's not sufficient, then go ahead and archive this.

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Darth Skygge"]

Excellent stuff. Dev will be needed if Elana is going to learn/use more esoteric Force techniques but I'm going to go ahead and put my stamp on it, as I don't see any real issues here. Since I'm on training for my first two weeks I'm going to go ahead and ask [member="Werah Unon"] to give this a second look over and take it to pending. Thank you for your time and the links :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom