Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship ECHO EFA-1a Eraser

Status
Not open for further replies.
starblaster_heavy_fighter_by_colourbrand-d3j7mav.jpg

Image Credit

Intent: To create an extremely long-range starfighter capable of dropping a significant incendiary payload.
Development Thread: [None]
Manufacturer: ECHO Esprit Industries
Model: EFA-1a Eraser
Affiliation: The Rebel Alliance
Modularity: Individual projectile armaments may be traded for individual fuel tanks
Production: Minor
Material: Havod ventral hull; Transparisteel canopy; Alusteel wings; Trimantium dorsal hull; fuel tanks

Description:
The core of the Rebel Alliance's super long-range fighter initiative, the EFA-1a was designed for endurance. Its enormous fuel capacity enables it to travel distances rarely seen with small craft, a necessity for a military faction with no true foothold in the galaxy. These fighters are relatively inexpensive to produce and maintain, using cheap and reliable solid fuels instead of energy reactors. Ventral projectile armaments may even be individually traded for additional fuel tanks, and tanks may be ejected upon fuel exhaustion or if the combat situation warrants.

While obviously extremely long-ranged, this advantage comes at a cost: speed and a bulky profile. The Eraser is acceptably maneuverable but can easily be overtaken by interceptors in a scramble. It also is not friendly with most carrier hangars, taking up a lot of space with its wide wingspan having an incompatible shape for clamps.

The cockpit situation leaves much to be desired, as there are a few blindspots on the aft sections of the craft. This hinders vision and forces pilots to rely almost entirely on their HUD when being tailed.

The Eraser is a versatile-role fighter and can pack a punch, especially on shorter missions where extra fuel tanks are unneeded and projectile armaments may thus be loaded to full capacity. To make up for its lack of speed, the EFA-1a's are shield-plated. Knowing that the craft is at a significant disadvantage in dogfights, the Eraser is intended to eliminate enemy fighter craft from a distance with its air-to-air missiles rather than locally engage fighter craft. However, it has been equipped with 4 repeating blaster cannons, just in case.

As one final defensive measure, the Eraser has a copycat IFF system that attempts to bounce enemy IFF signals and confuse opponents relying on scanners. However, this is only utilized on attack approaches as it could very well cause friendly fire in strenuous battle engagements.

Classification: Attack Starfighter
Role: Surface strikes; fighter combat
Height: 3.5 meters
Width: 12 meters
Length: 11.5 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Standard fuel cells
Hyperdrive Rating: 1.0
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1

Armaments:
  • 4 linked repeating blaster cannons (2 hull-mounted, 2 wing-mounted)
  • Up to 6 anti-fighter homing missiles
  • Up to 5 proton torpedoes OR 1 proton bomb
Hangar: N/A
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Navigation System
  • Hyperspace navicomputer
  • Distress beacon
  • Repulsorlift system
  • Standard life support system
  • Standard deflector shields
  • Heavy shield plating
  • Standard radiowave comms system
  • Shortwave comms system
  • Infrared beam comms system
  • Chaff flares
  • Copycat IFF
  • Detachable fuel tanks
  • Ejector seat
Passenger Capacity: [None]
Cargo Capacity: Up to 400 kg
Consumables: 16 days
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 2.5

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

I'm comparing this with a stock line fighter, and I'm not seeing much if anything in the way of disadvantages to compensate for the very high homing missile capacity. Remember that true homing missiles count as two -- I could pretty easily ask for it to be cut from eight to three, but with the right disadvantages I'd allow six. You mention low speed; rating it as 2.5 would be appropriate. Your stats mention repeating laser cannons rather than repeating blaster cannons, so if you could tweak that to match the description, that would be great. Looks like your image ain't showing up. Also, when you say this-

Geneviève Lasedri said:
Up to 5 proton torpedoes OR 1 warhead inside the ventral hull
-what kind of warhead, exactly?

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

I have done some revisions to the ship to resolve most of the issues you brought up. I hope it's OK now.

As for the warhead, however, I'm not quite sure what the standards are here. I know that proton torpedoes are considered a sort of warhead, but I was thinking something bigger for a single, heavy strike. I suppose it would be something like a nuclear warhead, strong enough to actually have a noticeable effect on a capital ship.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

What you want is a proton bomb or a proton rocket. One's slow and easily shot down, but more powerful. The other's slower than a proton torpedo but faster than a bomb, and a bit less powerful than a bomb - it's also more visible/easily targeted.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Oh, one last thing - the jammers are a bit much alongside that nifty IFF copycat, especially for a Tier 2 company. Gotta pick one.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

I'm going to approve this with the IFF tech as an experimental model. If you ever want to use the tech in other starship submissions, or sell it, you'll have to make a factory submission for the IFF tech.

Approved. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom