Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Echani Mimic Battle Unit (EMBU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janira Fenni

J
___cymurai_01____by_wyv1-d331cl1.jpg

Intent: To create a droid as supplement to Echani warriors in order to decrease the losses of Echani soldiers, while maintaining full combat capability and increasing the size of the Compact's army.
Development Thread: None
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: EchaniTech
Model: Echani Mimic Battle Unit (EMBU)
Affiliation: The Echani Compact
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Titanium Skeleton, Self-Healing Laminanium Armor
Description: Designed to supplement the ranks of the Echani, EchaniTech took literal battle readings from actual Echani and used that to write programming for droids. However, the closest model of droids capable of handling the programming were the YVH droids that had been designed for combat against the Yuuzhan Vong and the Killiks. Finding these to be unacceptable supplements, and not having the plans for them, they purchased one and dissected it to see just how it was built.

Taking this knowledge, the scientists designed a package slightly smaller than the YVH droids, and without a few of the perks. The smaller size removed the YVH's boosters, and decreased the weight a little bit. These droids are expected to move just as an Echani soldier would do, negating some of the movement potential that other droids would have: this means that it can only move as fast as its organic counterparts. Additionally, the ability to create the energy swords comes down to costly materials, which makes them expensive. This forces the remains of dead EMBU's to be recovered in order to retrieve the weapons.

While it is true that the droid is shielded, the armor is lighter in comparison to that of the YVH droids. It had to be to compensate for the smaller size, the lack of repulsors, and the addition of shielding equipment. The droid uses advanced computing systems in order to read the movements of its opponents and react according to the programming created based on the fighting of several hundred Echani warriors. Fighting an EMBU is like fighting an Echani soldier without the limits of conscience, which means you cannot reason with it and it will be extremely brutal to its enemies, and will do things without hesitation that a normal Echani soldier might balk at. If the droid is attacked, the attacker should beware the consequences. However, the EMBU's are programmed to read friend from foe, and to preserve all friendly targets, even at the cost of the self.

Despite the presence of the combat shield, the droid is not EMP proof. Therefore it is susceptible to electrical attacks. The creators knew this and did what they could to add in resistance, but as with most things created by organic life, it is imperfect. The droid is susceptible to energy fields, EMP's, and other electrical attacks to the extent that prolonged exposure of more than a few seconds, or more than a few blasts depending on the weapon, will cause the droid to shut down.
Classification: Class Four
Weight: 145.9 kg
Height: 1.8 meters
Movement: Bipedal
Armaments: The droid is equipped with an Echani Mk2 Combat Shield. For weapons, blaster's range from standard weaponry to sniper rifles, though the droid normally carries a simple blaster rifle. In addition, it carries two energy swords, the tech for which was acquired via Jedi records thanks to Jedi in the Echani ranks.
Misc. Equipment: Advanced Search and Identify programming for determining friend or foe. Advanced Computational package. Telescopic Photoreceptors.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
I know we've accepted things with EMP Shielding in the past when I just started as a RPJ, but I was told to not do so in the future so that needs to be changed. I'd like to see more limitations of the thing, or rather the limitations better defined within the description. "Fighting an EMBU is like fighting an Echani soldier without the limits of conscience." I'm pretty sure I know what that means but I want to make sure every player will know what that means. Otherwise this looks good for me. I'm in the faction however and it is a droid akin to the Krath War Droid and the IG100's so I'd like to get a second RPJ's opinion just to err on the side of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom