Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eccentric Delights

There was a fashionable little restaurant in a cozy part of one of Bastion's cities. As the name 'Eccentrics Delights' implied, it was a food place that offered unique or choice cuisine to certain clients. Whether it be export foods from places outside of the Empire, or just unique food items made from select ingredients, so long as the client ordered in advance they can get just about anything in it. The restaurant is known to have attracted more than a few Sith clients.

Kalt was just one such client. He was visiting Bastion for a chance to look at some texts first hand in the Great Sith-Imperial Library. That was the official reason and it was mostly true. He had spent most of his time there already just sitting in the library reviewing texts of varying natures. Some were historical but most were manuals of some kind. It was a quick educational visit. Granted the real reason he asked for it was just for a chance to get off Korriban for a little bit that didn't involve a mission or assignment of some kind. Just him and his own personal work.

Kalt's choice in the Eccentric Delights was largely out of nostalgia. He had always loved an obscure dish his father had introduced to him when he was young. It was difficult to get a hold of in general, let alone on Korriban. So when he saw that Eccentric Delights would have it available he made the order. It cost a lot, but he figured he deserved it after a full two or so days of study.

Once inside he was directed to a booth by a fairly attractive waitress. He wasn't sure if she was force sensitive or not, but there was something unusual about her. Granted the same could be said about the place itself. The artwork was... bloody or suggestive of battle. Actually he could have sworn there was a familiar smell of burnt flesh in the back. The same sort of smell one would get after cutting a human or near-human with a lightsaber. After Ord Thoden, Kalt had become fairly familiar with the smell... then again, it could easily be something else. It didn't quite smell human at least.

After a moment he just ignored his senses and sat comfortably to wait for his food. He leaned back, stretched out his legs beneath the table, and took out a scroll that he had borrowed from the library.

[member="Elani Zambrano"]​

In a corner booth, Elani sat. Flanked by some of her more senior witches, she browsed the menu for whatever may sate her appetite. She browsed through the exotic steaks made from massive insects, filets of fish she hadn't even heard of, and something that did not sound even remotely appetizing. Any other day, she would not have given this restaurant a chance, however, someone suggested it to her, saying that whatever she desired, they would prepare it for her. She had that in the Imperial Palace. She only found herself here out of pure curiosity. Elani averted her eyes from the menu briefly, scrolling through the various patrons of the restaurant, seeing what laid on their plates before them. Nothing she recognized, of course.

The waiter was on approach. The other witches made their decisions. Elani was the last one still looking at her menu. Quickly, her eye caught something. She memorized the name and put her menu down so the waiter would not walk away, thinking she was still looking. The others placed their order before her. When the waiter looked at Elani, she said nothing for a brief moment. She was trying to remember what it was on the menu she saw. Then it came to her. "Fosh Alfredo, please, with a large Sprite," she ordered. The waiter wrote down all their orders before walking away with their menus.

Elani looked around once more. Now, she was able to truly get a good look at those around her. A waitress walked by the booth. A Devaronian followed her. Elani rarely saw one of his kind, if ever. It was interesting, to say the least. She, then, returned her attention to the table and began conversing with the witches.

[member="Kalt Bruq"]

It seemed that Kalt was somewhat early. They were still cooking his meal so there might be somewhat of a wait until they delivered it. In that case, he might as well find something else to do. He was getting tired of reading manuals all day. After scanning the room some more he spotted the group in the corner and sensed their connections to the force. It looked to be fellow Sith if his senses were correct. There was one in particular, with purple eyes, that seemed to catch his attention. Could humans develop purple eyes like that? He'd seen a few on Korriban and other places, but he had never seen eyes like those.

Vaulkhar made an effort to make sure both Kalt and Trayze understood that attempting to date Sith women was a fairly dangerous endeavor. Even if Kalt had been unsure of Vaulkhar's warnings, which was impossible given how clear he was but if he wasn't, Kalt would probably wait to get to know them first. Just to be safe. Best not to mess with a woman with considerable powers and a background in an organization known for backstabbing. Especially if they happen to be stronger than you are, which was definitely a possibility with this bunch. However, that was a good thing because then it might mean that he could ask them to teach him something new.

Kalt considered his approach. An illusion would be a good demonstration of his abilities. But what should he display? Kalt used the force to levitate him some feet above the ground, in a cross-legged stance. Beneath him a two legged bird-like creature emerged as the creature for him to "sit on". For experienced Sith it was easy to see through, but it was clever enough to freak out a waiter as he got too close to the "creature". It was real enough for those without the experience to think it was real and that was probably enough of a sign that he at least had some potential.

"Hey, mind if I join you ladies?" He asked boldly. Now was the time to see how this approach went.

Suddenly, as if something took the voices from them, the witches halted their conversation and looked to the Devaronian, scowls on each of their faces. Then, Elani looked over at him. Her eyes turned a violent crimson as she stared the man down. His approach was out of the ordinary. Unusual. And it ticked Elani off. She despised the extroverted. Especially in situations that did not call for it.

The silence at the table was broken by a waiter approaching cautiously. "Sir, we don't allow live creatures in here. It's a health concern." A smirk grew on Elani's face.

"What a weirdo.." muttered one of the witches, which was followed by laughter from the others. Elani gave her a cold, quick glare, silencing the laughter, then turned her gaze back to the devaronian.

"I'm sorry, but, do I know you?"

[member="Kalt Bruq"]

Now that he was this close he thought he recognized miss red-eyes' face. She seemed to be someone important... and he might have just embarrassed himself. Or at least the occupants around this booth seemed to be fairly annoyed at the interruption. Fair enough, that's what he got for interrupting so rudely, but he might as well double down now that he's already done it. He was the bold Devaronian. Then again, he was definitely a lowly Sith Acolyte and they probably could sense that.

The waiter approached to tell him that they don't allow animals. At that Kalt smiled at the confirmation of his abilities. "It's an illusion, go about your business," He said to them, and as he did so the creature gradually dissipated into nothingness. The theatrics were to get people's attentions, now that he had it, there was no need.

A witch commented on what a weirdo he was, which prompted laughter, which was quickly silenced. Then Red Eyes asked if she knew him. "Not personally but you may have heard of me," He said boldly with a short pause before continuing, "I am a new and promising Acolyte of Vaulkhar Zambrano and Subjugator of Ord Thoden." He was definitely channeling his Sith pride albeit he was also relying on the name drop to give him at least some reputation. Hopefully, if anything, the name would be enough.

The waiter gasped in surprise. "Very well, sir." He then returned to his work.

Elani held a blank face as she heard the Devaronian's response. "One of my brother's acolytes? Hmph," she responded. "And you wish to sit." She paused. "With us." She paused once more. It was clear he did not know who she was. She wasn't surprised. That means she was doing her job well. Her growth was meant to be kept secret from others in order for none to challenge her until it was far too late. Normally, she remained hidden from the public eye. Moving behind the scenes and carrying out her acts there.

"Why?"

[member="Kalt Bruq"]

She didn't seem to respond much visually to Kalt's response but her own response made Kalt raise an eye-brow. Did she just say that he was her brother's acolyte? He pondered that briefly. He didn't recognize her but then supposed that perhaps some members weren't as public as others. She proceeded to ask why he wanted to sit with them.

"My apologies for the disturbance, I didn't realize you were of the same family as my master." His tone shifted to being more serious and respectful. "I've been stuck up in the big library all day. I came here for some food and I noticed that you were fellow Sith. I am mainly looking for conversation... and maybe to learn a few things." Normally he wouldn't have been honest about the last part but he had respect for Vaulkhar so he had no reason to treat his family any differently.

Elani released a sigh. "Very well. Pull up a chair."

Elani wasn't even aware that one of her brother's acolyte's was a Devaronian. She assumed he was a xenophobe. A male, at that? He continues to surprise her each and every day. "You have yet to tell me your name," she stated. The other witches were silent and kept their eyes on the Devaronian, not wanting to let him make any sudden moves that might seem to threaten the life of their master, Elani. The Zambrano leaned forward, resting her elbows on the table. Elani thought back to his illusion. "Interesting parlor trick you had there. I'm sure that will have the ladies in Ravelin falling head over heels for you," Elani joked. "And what is it you want to learn from me that my thick-skulled brother cannot teach you, demon?"

[member="Kalt Bruq"]

Kalt 'borrowed' a chair from a nearby table with a quick telepathic pull, capturing the back of the seat and taking a seat. He was quite relieved that she seemed willing to accept his company. She asked about his name, or rather pointed out that he had yet to actually mention his name. "I am Kalt Bruq," He said, with a short nod of his head, being somewhat mindful of his horns in doing so. "It is a pleasure to meet you miss Zambrano, but I don't think I have your name yet either,"

She joked about his illusion, to which he smiled, "I like to see it as more of a resume," he said, pausing to waive the waiter over from earlier. It might be amusing now but eventually it'll terrify even Dark Lords and Jedi Masters alike. He thought to himself, not wanting to say it aloud after already pushing his luck. He asked the waiter for a drink.

Kalt shifted back to a more serious tone to answer the question of what he wanted to learn. "Vaulkhar is quite talented but he's not exactly a sorcerer," Kalt explained.

"Originally I was going to ask you if you could impart some knowledge and wisdom... However, since you are of such a powerful family and are far more capable than I first realized, I think it might be better to clue you into a little project of mine..." Kalt accepted the drink from the waiter, taking a sip and putting it down before continuing.

"Are you familiar with Darth Vectivus?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom