Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earth Shaker (Complete)

Krest didn't speak. Instead he closed his eyes again, reaching back into the soil. His whole form kept still for some time, him searching. Then he found it. He set off another light tremor, similar to @[member="Asteria deWinter"]'s from before, but much weaker. He was still new to this, new to feeling the ground, but it felt as if it had always been a part of him. Time would be his ally should he pursue this. After all, he had all the time in the world.

He opened his eyes a moment later, slowly standing up. There was a new feeling in him, a new door unlocked.

When he didn't respond verbally, Asteria's mood didn't change. She could incredibly patient when she wanted to be. Instead, she soon felt a tremor beneath her feet. It was week but it was definitely there. And that had been a better tell than anything @[member="Krest"] could have told her with his words.

He opened his eyes not long after that and the blonde nodded. "Good," she merely said. "When you unlock an element, it gets a little easier after that. Having this power is an immense responsibility. If you don't treat it as such, you will never truly be ready to alter the environment." Most Force Powers, even if hard to learn, weren't as threatening at the elements. What one could achieve with them was impossible for some to even begin to comprehand. But if they were given this knowledge, they had to be aware of what came with it.

Krest nodded slowly to @[member="Asteria deWinter"]. Responsibility. His mind raced as he thought on what he could do, how to strengthen his power with this. She said it would get easier. Easy as breathing? His mind trailed unfocused for some time before he comes back to reality, looking at the deWinter again.

"I.. Thank you, Lady deWinter." He bowed to her, his eyes level with the ground. He found himself staring at it, slowly getting lost again. So much to explore with this new understanding.

She noted a nod then but remained quiet. The Zabrak called [member="Krest"] was a curious creature was what Asteria took in. The way he reacted to the use of elements, the way he took in her lesson, the way he followed her instructions and performed the task. All notable qualities in a student.

And he had manners, the blonde also thought as the man thanked her. Pursing her lips ever so slightly forward, she smirked half way before he bowed to her. "You are welcome, Krest." Then she fell silent as he didn't rise his head back nor speak again, waiting to hear whether he wanted to say or ask anything else.

The Zabraks gaze focused in again at the sound of [member="Asteria deWinter"] 's voice, once more finding himself looking at the ground. He stood up straight, rubbing the back of his head. Well, now what? He wasted the Mistress of Elements, curious on why she taught him this. Why she seemed to do so without any want for payment in return. Well, maybe she did.

Krest's voice was soft, calm now. There was no more stuttering, no more fumbling over the kindness of a stranger. "Is there something you want in return for this?"

His question was a curious one. Asteria watched him quietly for a moment and let a tiny smirk form on her face. As someone who had never seen any interest in helping those unrelated to her in anyway, and even that was limited to those that were truly and completely related to her where not only those with whom she shared half-blood didn't cut it.

And yet, truly, she was here, helping a stranger. So did she want something in return? Eve at her age, she learned from her younger sister. Valuable lessons. While she never spoke of them, she memorized them. "No, not right now. But lets just say you owe me something now. Perhaps I will someday seek you out for it, perhaps I never will."

Asteria's attention turned back to the waterfall, her entire body turning away from the Zabrak as she watched it now. "Someday soon, you may seek me out again to finish this training if you wish, @Krest. Your element can still advance," the blonde pointed out without looking at him. She wouldn't teach him further right now. It couldn't be done. Elements took their time, they couldn't be rushed, not ever.

Krest opened his mouth to respond, but he shut it, similar to how he had before. If there was nothing else [member="Asteria deWinter"] could teach him now, then there were no words. She would ask for her favor later as she had said, so why press the matter? He turned from her, but not before bowing, going to collect his clothing. There wasn't a reason to remain on Naboo anymore, so now it was his turn to leave. He would seek her out for more training, perhaps other elements, but today was over.

She glanced back at the Zabrak as he went to collect his clothes. The blonde hadn't forgotten one last detail... she merely waited. "There is just one thing," she said and glanced to her speeder, summoning the Force as she called a small bag to her. It floated through the air to her, her hands wrapping around it before she went through ti, picking a small vile within, with the top attached to the needle hidden hidden the vile.

"The act of owing a favor, is an act done in blood. A boon, my sister would tell you. But that it was it is." Asteria pointed out as she released the bag, letting her telekinesis take control of it again, her mind letting it hover in the air as she undid the cap of the vile, revealing the needle that went all the way through the vile. "A favor in blood is eternal, it is unbreakable." her hands outstretched towards him, offering the vile and the needle.A small fragment would do.

What the Zabrak needn't have known that was that Asteria possessed no blood magic. However this was the act of the boon as it had been cold. By surrendering his blood, he practically singed a contract. And since he himself had wished to learn something from Asteria and he himself asked of a favor, there was no reason to back out of this now.

[member="Krest"]

Krest didn't even so much as look over his shoulder to the needle. Instead he held up a hand, waving it and the vial over. A blood pact was not something new to him, and even if there was no magic behind it, the vow meant more to the Iridonian then one might think. He pricked his finger rather quickly. A dull prick was hardly a bother, and he quickly sent the bottle back to [member="Asteria deWinter"] .

"I will honor the debt when ever you wish to call upon me. Though perhaps I will call upon you first. I would like to learn all you could show me about the elements."

There was no need to explain or the further discuss this in anyway, Asteria noted and let him take the vile and needle from her with the Force then waited silently as he performed the act and let the vile return back. The blonde nodded as she took it and put it back into a small pocket of her bag.

She looked up once it was safely closed and [member="Krest"] spoke again. He would honor the debt and take her up on her offer. And the Zabrak no longer spoke of just the single element he had learned today. "Very well," Asteria responded. "You can go now."

There was nothing more to be said and once her back turned from him again, her turquoise eyes focusing back at the wall, it was a clear sign she wanted to hear nothing more of him right now. He was dismissed, quite literally.

Krest wasn't too keen on being dismissed, but there truly was nothing left to say. He pulled on his shirt, collected his weaponry, and moved away from the Sith lord. It wouldn't take him long to find his ship and leave the planet of Naboo. He would find [member="Asteria deWinter"] again though, that much the Zabrak was certain of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom